PDA

View Full Version : Second Diana Ross Gift For The Holidays

test

thommg
12-03-2015, 06:44 PM
As if we couldn't have guessed this was the second surprise from Motown for the holidays!

http://www.eurthisnthat.com/2015/12/03/early-gift-to-motown-fans-expanded-remastered-50th-anniversary-edition-of-the-supremes-merry-christmas/

RossHolloway
12-03-2015, 06:52 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! Count me in!!

greg jones
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM
I was 99.9% sure it was an expanded Merry Christmas on Thanksgiving when i noticed that iTunes deleted the previous expanded and only had the original 65 stereo version. Also it hit me when we heard about the Wiz songs release that this year was the 50th for Merry Christmas.

Let's just hope now that it will be the 50th Anniversary of A Go Go in 2016 that the Expanded Edition of that will finally come to fruition.

Jimi LaLumia
12-03-2015, 08:51 PM
digital only

jobeterob
12-04-2015, 02:27 AM
Wow

Well I noticed Facebook seems to have all the chat now, all the announcements and the connected people that seem to have left us

Ngroove
12-04-2015, 02:32 AM
Physical Products are gifts.

Digitals are not.

itunes / Amazon gift cards to gain digitals, gifts, but not creative, gifts from the heart.

I'll be waiting for them, CD form. No earlier.

jobeterob
12-04-2015, 02:38 AM
I see they are saying that initial sales of the wiz are good so maybe physical will come

I see susaye said on Facebook that digital is here and we need to accept that

You can burn and print and still make a pretty nice gift

Ngroove
12-04-2015, 02:42 AM
I see they are saying that initial sales of the wiz are good so maybe physical will come

I see susaye said on Facebook that digital is here and we need to accept that

No. Sorry. Won't be same.

justanothermotownfan
12-04-2015, 03:42 AM
I went to see Boney James not too long ago and after the show was a meet & greet where he was signing physical copies of his CD's. Can't do that with downloads! As we all know, Target sells CD exclusives by the latest artists with extra bonus tracks [[Adele, Janet jackson, Seal, just to name a few), and these bonus tracks usually are not available digitally. In addition, out of Adele's 4 million albums sold thus far, it was reported that 51% were physical CD's while 49% were downloads. Slim margin, but we're not done with CD's yet.

So, downloads really aren't the same, but they're good in a pinch as I bought the Smokey & the Miracles 70's albums that were finally released, and I'll probably buy other releases if Motown breaks down and finally issues Jr. Walker 70's albums, Undisputed Truth and others. I get what they are doing for the fans and I like it, although I do yearn for the physical product with the fancy booklets and extensive liner notes.

Does anyone know if the 1965 Motown Unreleased download will be coming anytime soon? :D

vgalindo
12-04-2015, 04:36 AM
Just bought the expanded Merry Christmas. I am so happy to have this along with Sing Songs from the Wiz. Both are very good. Love them. Keep them coming!

Jimi LaLumia
12-04-2015, 08:22 AM
the connected people left for good reason..lol

captainjames
12-04-2015, 09:49 AM
I am happy with it and thankful we are at least getting these types of downloads.

Jimi LaLumia
12-04-2015, 11:00 AM
just bought and burned the double CDs and printed the fab booklet..Merry Christmas!! lol

RossHolloway
12-04-2015, 11:02 AM
I am happy with it and thankful we are at least getting these types of downloads.

I agree with you 100%! I'd rather have digital releases than nothing at all!!

sansradio
12-04-2015, 11:22 AM
I agree with you 100%! I'd rather have digital releases than nothing at all!!

Me three. Grateful for any format I can get.

thommg
12-04-2015, 12:05 PM

How do you get the printout of the digital booklet to fit inside a cd case? It seems too long to fit.

Bluebrock
12-04-2015, 12:10 PM
How do you get the printout of the digital booklet to fit inside a cd case? It seems too long to fit.
It won't!! Don't get me started again........

vgalindo
12-04-2015, 03:52 PM
I would also like to print it to fit in a cd case. My printer is down and I haven't gotten the chance to play with the different sizes. I would like to do the same for "Baby its Me". I was able to get "Funny Girl" to fit a standard cd case. Office Max printed it for me on some really good photo paper and it came out beautiful. You have to remember that when you print it you can't print it all at once. There is a cd cover and a back and then you have the booklet which is a different size.

TheMotownManiac
12-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Music is music - to me, anyway. I prefer gatefold LP's, but accept what I can get. I'm happy for both releases and will purchase all other digital only releases.