PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ask Don't Tell Has been REPEALED!!

test

midnight johnny
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Finally....a step forward for human rights.

smark21
12-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Finally....a step forward for human rights.

I would call it a step forward for Civil Rights, but not Human Rights. After all, you are aware of what a soldier is trained to do? Kill people.

midnight johnny
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
You got me there.

soulster
12-19-2010, 02:47 AM
You know, it was really silly to bar homosexuals from serving because they always have served! Many fine people were kicked out because of the fear of the homosexual. People that were important to our national defense were booted out just because of this unfounded fear that men would get hit on by their fellow servicemen. And, you know, women get raped all the time, and some men get harassed, but that's ignored.

The men and women in the service don't care. It's only certain military brass that care, and it's obvious that it's politics for them. And, if you want to bring God into it, I think God was more angry over how fellow human beings were being treated under DADT. Man, our job is to treat each other equally and fair, and not to act in what we think God wants us to do. And, if you don't like homosexuals, or disapprove what they do behind closed doors, remember that they are still your fellow countrymen and women, and deserve to serve and protect the country that they love just like Blacks before them.

soulster
12-19-2010, 02:57 AM
Well, here's an actual news link to the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/18/senate.dadt/index.html?hpt=T2