PDA

View Full Version : Temptations & Supremes -Not Now, I'll Tell You Later [[Alternate Extended Mix)

test

marv2
11-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Here's a great song I always loved by The Temptations [[w/David Ruffin) and the Original Supremes [[w/Florence Ballard) aka "a group people right off of the corner"! LOL! Just keep in mind when listening to this great soul gem that NONE had any professional singing training. Listen to Flo it those high, high notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_il2vkLYZe0

arr&bee
11-11-2015, 05:02 PM
By jove marv,you've done it again old chap,one of the greatest songs in the motown listing,those temptations chaps are the best.

marv2
11-11-2015, 06:29 PM
By jove marv,you've done it again old chap,one of the greatest songs in the motown listing,those temptations chaps are the best.

Thank you and doesn't it sound great? I mean it sounds a bit raw [[no strings, no Andantes, etc, etc.) like a bunch of friends in the neighborhood that got together on someone's porch or basement,..........had a bit of HOOCH, and someone [[Eddie Kendricks) decided it would be fun to start singing..............LOL!

arr&bee
11-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Yep,i've always liked that feel of the girls dropping by while the fellas were in the studio and got invited to sing along,great,great motown classic.

marv2
11-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Yep,i've always liked that feel of the girls dropping by while the fellas were in the studio and got invited to sing along,great,great motown classic.

That's before things got all screwy and show bizzy......................

blackguy69
11-11-2015, 07:52 PM
if im correct, this was recorded before David joined the Temps

robb_k
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I like this even better than the vinyl version.

marv2
11-11-2015, 09:12 PM
if im correct, this was recorded before David joined the Temps

It was on the 1966 "Gettin' Ready" album and David had been in the group for a while by then. It also could have been recorded while Al was still in the group and put in the can,.

marv2
11-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I like this even better than the vinyl version.

So do I! it sounds so spontaneous.

johnny_raven
11-11-2015, 09:37 PM
It was on the 1966 "Gettin' Ready" album and David had been in the group for a while by then. It also could have been recorded while Al was still in the group and put in the can,.

It was recorded on Oct. 1, 1963

marv2
11-11-2015, 09:45 PM
It was recorded on Oct. 1, 1963

Good job Johnny raven. So it really was the Original Temptations with El Bryant and the Original Supremes with Florence Ballard. That makes this recording all the more special!

Mark Desjardines
11-12-2015, 12:53 AM
What wonderful harmony the original Supremes possessed. Their energy and drive really stand out in this backing track for The Temptations.

marv2
11-12-2015, 01:49 AM
What wonderful harmony the original Supremes possessed. Their energy and drive really stand out in this backing track for The Temptations.

Their harmonies were superb, which is why I never understood when some critics viewed them as lightweights or not as strong as other, less celebrated groups . Some took the fact that the Andantes were used with the Supremes on a few tracks to mean the Supremes could not really sing. The Andantes never sounded as good as Mary, Diana and Flo singing together in my opinion. They had the type of harmony that you usually find when the groups are related. There is no mystery why they became the greatest girl group in history.

REDHOT
11-12-2015, 01:50 AM
I agree with you Mark Desjardines,The Supremes harmony is tight,and The Tempiation sound great,i can really hear Florence,they sound like they are having fun,on this track.

theboyfromxtown
11-12-2015, 05:07 AM
Blast! The video is not available in France.

Fortunately. I have the album just within arm's reach! LOLOL

Cadeho
12-15-2015, 04:54 PM
When I first heard this when I bought the CD, I was glad for the extended version . It sounds like it was a fun session. Al is with the Tempts and can be heard singing a variation of the opening melody at the end of the song [[starting at 2:35) with Flo belting out over him as the rest of the groups sing. Listen closely.