PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift Sued for Allegedly Lifting Lyrics to 'Shake it Off'

test

marv2
11-02-2015, 12:04 PM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6746310/taylor-swift-sued-lyrics-shake-it-off

soulster
11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
I think his case will get thrown out. "Haters gonna hate" was common slang long before 2013, and there's nothing in those two songs that sound similar or suggest that she ripped him off. Also, the guy sounds like an opportunist when he talks about suing CNN. He may as well go after Sting too.

If you are wealthy, and have commercial success, you can almost count on someone suing you for something.

Jerry Oz
11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
We will see. He's looking for a settlement and notoriety. It is interesting that he song used the words in the order and context of his record but he'll hang to prove that she was influenced by it and that's going to be hard. I think people should take what ever action they deem necessary to protect their intellectual property. I've been on the wrong side in my presumptions more often than not, so I'll hold off on offering whether I think he will prevail but I don't think that he should.