PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin Gets Sued By Condo Association

test

jobeterob
10-29-2015, 11:25 PM
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2015/10/27/condominium-group-sues-soul-singer-aretha-franklin/74701078/C

theboyfromxtown
10-30-2015, 02:15 AM
it has 6 and a half bathrooms.....how can you have half a bathroom!

theboyfromxtown
10-30-2015, 02:31 AM
Didn't see get into trouble for something like this some years ago?

Have to say, it's not nice for the media to showcase a person's problems for the world to see. And I guess I'm just as bad for reading and commenting on it!

reese
10-30-2015, 09:11 AM
it has 6 and a half bathrooms.....how can you have half a bathroom!

I had an apartment with one and half bathrooms. The half bathroom only included a sink and a commode, no bath. Maybe Aretha has the same.

reese
10-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Didn't see get into trouble for something like this some years ago?

Have to say, it's not nice for the media to showcase a person's problems for the world to see. And I guess I'm just as bad for reading and commenting on it!

Back in the 90s, her local paper ran an article titled "Why Doesn't Aretha Pay Her Bills?" or something like that. Supposedly she has experienced financial problems from time to time because after her brother's death, she hasn't really trusted anyone and has taken on this responsibility herself. But she isn't very good at it.

I do agree that there's no need to publicize such things, although some people also feel that they've done all they can to receive what they are due and when they don't, they go this route. And like you, I'm just as bad for reading and commenting on it. :D

theboyfromxtown
10-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I had an apartment with one and half bathrooms. The half bathroom only included a sink and a commode, no bath. Maybe Aretha has the same.

Thanks Reese....that foxed me!

Guy
10-30-2015, 04:47 PM
For the record, Condo HOAs suck! Usually run by the most megalomaniacal sociopaths in the complex. If you're an absentee owner who rents your unit you can be easily screwed over by HOA dues, so-called special assessments and -- the HOA favorite -- late charges. Once, one of my HOA payments for a unit I did not live in was lost by HOA, so for the next 18 months I was 30 days in arrears on my HOA dues. I got 18 months worth of late charges at $40 a pop. HOA would not waive balance even upon discovery of its error.

I hope the Queen is giving them hell.

jillfoster
10-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Thanks Reese....that foxed me!

Yes, in America the "half bath" is very popular, many times on the main floor and used as a "guest" bathroom, since there is no tub nor shower in it.

luke
11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
In recent autobiography on her, sister Erma reported Aretha is horrible with money matters.

jobeterob
11-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Did Erna write a book too? Name?

As the article states, it isn't really news. There have been any number of law suits documented over the years.

paul_nixon
11-02-2015, 02:51 AM

As the article states, it isn't really news. There have been any number of law suits documented over the years.

Well this is all news to me - while on vacation in Key West last week I met an elderly lady around the pool who now lives in Florida. She told me she was a florist originally from Detroit and recounted a few tales about Stevie W and a few others among them AF who she told me a story about owing her money. I have to say at the time -I was a little skeptical about her story until her daughter verified it an now I've read this...woweee.

reese
11-02-2015, 10:03 AM

No, Erma never wrote a book. But she is quoted extensively in David Ritz' book on her sister.

jobeterob
11-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Yes, I read David Ritz' book and that's where I thought this information came from.

I thought I once read online that there may have been as many as 90 law suits over the years over unpaid bills of Aretha Franklin.