PDA

View Full Version : The SUPREMES - Up The Ladder To The Roof [[extended mix)

test

marv2
10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
What a perfect song for a day like today..............Tuesday! LOL! Check out this extended mix!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72suVy0qnc8

marv2
10-27-2015, 05:47 PM
The Supremes 1970

marv2
10-27-2015, 05:49 PM
...and one of their great television performances for good measure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8HkkpgYHM

supremester
10-27-2015, 06:32 PM
I didn't think it possible to remix that wonderful song into a hot mess, but Grey Wolf sure managed it. That is a killer record as it is - the clanging clunking clomping is hideous. I will play one of my several 45's of it a few times in a row to get this out of my memory.

marv2
10-27-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't care for that airy sound they did to it. Frank Wilson's original will always be the best version in my opinion. I love how he had all 3 ladies open the song singing in unison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1S-ypz5a4

marv2
10-27-2015, 07:02 PM
The Grey Wolf remix kept the bongos prominent, thank God!

supremester
10-27-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm happy you enjoy it, however, I hate having the bongos - or anything else louder and take prominence over the vocals. To me, this is the last "perfect" Supremes single and I hate what he did to it. I like John's extended mix but, ultimately, the original mono 45 mix has all the elements of a perfect Supremes single - especially this most auspicious one.

supremester
10-27-2015, 09:07 PM
That "Come with me" is such a perfectly ethereal opening to the song, I've always wondered if he had another intro that got elimated, chopped off or changed for this one. I hate crappy perfunctory intros that just get added from Intros.com like Some Things You never Get used To.

There are so many voices on this that it just shows how picky Frank was for just the right sound. I do think the intro is just JMC, but The A's are all over the place - I can hear Louvaine in spots.

marv2
10-27-2015, 09:11 PM
That "Come with me" is such a perfectly ethereal opening to the song, I've always wondered if he had another intro that got elimated, chopped off or changed for this one. I hate crappy perfunctory intros that just get added from Intros.com like Some Things You never Get used To.

There are so many voices on this that it just shows how picky Frank was for just the right sound. I do think the intro is just JMC, but The A's are all over the place - I can hear Louvaine in spots.

I just like the song and Jean, Mary and Cindy voices. I don't think I can pick out Andante voices unless they are the only ones on a record. I never bought any Andante records and prefer Jean's, Mary's and Cindy Birdsong's voices individually and collectively.

marv2
10-27-2015, 09:18 PM
...and one of their great television performances for good measure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8HkkpgYHM

There are no Andante voices here and the Supremes sound heavenly to me.........just the three of them!!!

Bluebrock
10-28-2015, 05:47 AM
I just like the song and Jean, Mary and Cindy voices. I don't think I can pick out Andante voices unless they are the only ones on a record. I never bought any Andante records and prefer Jean's, Mary's and Cindy Birdsong's voices individually and collectively.
Me too Marv! When I listen to the Supremes I want to hear JMC rather than the Andante's. I don't think that is too much to ask.

REDHOT
10-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Some people will say anything to discredit people lol,they think we don't know what they are doing,nice but nasty lol,i also hear Mary Cindy and Jean.

marv2
10-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Some people will say anything to discredit people lol,they think we don't know what they are doing,nice but nasty lol,i also hear Mary Cindy and Jean.

To discredit. That's the term I was trying to think of whenever these guys dredge up and focus on the Andantes anytime a Supremes song is discussed. HA!

REDHOT
10-28-2015, 06:34 AM
Hey Marv,they can't fool me,i know what they are trying to do lol