PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed Truth - You + Me = Love!

test

marv2
10-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Led by the powerful vocals of none other than Taka Boom! [[Chaka's sister), Undisputed Truth served up some serious "Disco-Funk" in 1976 with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFIVfgeJ35Y

Ryon6
10-17-2015, 01:06 AM
My favorite UD song!

Philles/Motown Gary
10-17-2015, 09:58 PM
The Undisputed Truth's "You + Me = Love" is a powerful record from start to finish! Norman Whitfield and the group never sounded better. It filled the dance floors quick, too.

Cosmic Truth
10-19-2015, 06:54 PM
While I don't think it's as good as some of their Motown stuff, it's still a tremendous funky disco track.

Let's Go Down To The Disco, from the same Method To The Madness album, is another excellent funky disco number,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7NvEdNyKQM

marv2
10-19-2015, 11:25 PM
The Undisputed Truth's "You + Me = Love" is a powerful record from start to finish! Norman Whitfield and the group never sounded better. It filled the dance floors quick, too.

Taka never let up from start to finish on this one.

144man
10-20-2015, 09:18 PM
"You + Me = Love" was the first 12 inch record I bought.

jack020
10-21-2015, 04:20 AM
This title will be released on November 20, 2015. :)

jack020
10-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Product Description
• The Undisputed Truth is one of the Funkiest Bands of all time.

• These two albums “Method To The Madness” and “Smokin’” are produced by legendary Motown Producer Norman Whitfield who also produced The Temptations and Rose Royce amongst others.

• The Undisputed Truth was the only band that left Motown with Norman when he set up his label Whitfield Records with Warner Brothers.

• “Method To The Madness” and “Smokin’” were the last two albums released by the band in 1976 & 1979 respectively.

• "Method To The Madness" featured the Disco Anthems 'You + Me = Love' [[rumoured to be the first 12" single ever released and featuring the vocals of Taka Boom, sister of Soul legend Chaka Khan, this track went to #2 on the US Dance chart and the full 11 minute version is available on this release) and 'Let's Go Down To The Disco' [[again the full length version is on this unique release).

• “Method To The Madness” was probably the Bands most successful album, and a tough act to follow, but “Smokin’” is a great album and featured classic cuts such as ‘Show Time’, ‘Atomic Funk’ and ‘Space Machine’.

• Sleeve notes by respected journalist Charles Waring of MOJO & Record Collector and co-founder of www.soulandjazzandfunk.com

Cosmic Truth
10-24-2015, 03:55 AM
"You + Me = Love" was the first 12 inch record I bought.

It was the first 12 inch single I bought as well.