PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Motown Singles - Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 7

test

motownlover1964
10-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Hello Motown Fans,

Since HipoSelect seems largely out of business I see that I won't be able to complete the collection so have decided to sell the four copies I have available. They are The Complete Motown Singles - Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 7. I was going to sell the via Amazon but thought those on this board may be interested.

Please contact me via my email. A couple of years ago I wrote to the board and asked if it was okay to sell items here but no one responded so thought I'd provide my email which is jimnegri@gmail.com

If I posted this in error or violation of forum rules please accept my apologies and Ralph or Lowell can delete the post.

Best,
Jim

RossHolloway
10-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Why are you selling your collection?

motownlover1964
10-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi RossHolloway...

I'm selling parts of my collection as I retired a few months ago and we're downsizing and moving to a much smaller space. For what it's worth I was an avid collector for over 50+ years and as I'm looking at what to keep or let get of the collections I'm offering have been sitting on the shelf for the longest time. I listened to Vol. 2 but not the others so they are in perfect condition. I never thought I'd let go of anything Motown but over time I find I listen to my Motown music less and less. I think I've finally maxed out on Motown. That said my connection to Motown is deep and I'm so very grateful I was a young teen living in the upper peninsula of Michigan when Motown "hit" in 1964 so I was there for all of the wonderful music and accomplishments made by Berry Gordy, et al. It was truly a magical time that I recall fondly.

Guess I got carried away with my answer. LOL

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
10-16-2015, 02:20 PM
At least burn them onto your computer first so that you still have the music before selling them :D

RossHolloway
10-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi RossHolloway...

I'm selling parts of my collection as I retired a few months ago and we're downsizing and moving to a much smaller space. For what it's worth I was an avid collector for over 50+ years and as I'm looking at what to keep or let get of the collections I'm offering have been sitting on the shelf for the longest time. I listened to Vol. 2 but not the others so they are in perfect condition. I never thought I'd let go of anything Motown but over time I find I listen to my Motown music less and less. I think I've finally maxed out on Motown. That said my connection to Motown is deep and I'm so very grateful I was a young teen living in the upper peninsula of Michigan when Motown "hit" in 1964 so I was there for all of the wonderful music and accomplishments made by Berry Gordy, et al. It was truly a magical time that I recall fondly.

Guess I got carried away with my answer. LOL

I grew up in SW Michigan but much later and have an affinity for the Motown Sound as well. Congrats on your retirement, I'm sad that you're parting with your music. Any chance you have volume 2 of the Eddie Kendrick or David Ruffin solo collections or This Is the Story? I may be able to take them off your hands.

motownlover1964
10-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Hi RossHolloway, sorry but I don't have any Eddie's volume 2. I do own Davd's collections and This Is the Story but they are keepers. Best, Jim

jboy88
10-17-2015, 03:50 PM
If you got an extra copy of the Four Tops and/or Vandellas L&F series, i'm down for that! Otherwise, i'm good!

robb_k
10-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Hi RossHolloway...

I'm selling parts of my collection as I retired a few months ago and we're downsizing and moving to a much smaller space.
Will the removal of 4 CD boxes really provide you enough extra space to make it worth losing that music?? I would guess that's less than half a square foot. Now you have, perhaps, room for 2 extra pairs of shoes!