PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Oct 13, 9P-12M ET.......MORE MOTOWN RARE TO RADIO!

test

midnight johnny
10-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Howdy Folks....sorry note note about the show earlier....my computer died on Sunday....still acquiring one.... Any whooooo....join me for mucho moro Motown Rare To Radio tonight. On WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting worldwide at www.womr.org
Thank you......see you on the radio! John

franjoy56
10-13-2015, 08:58 PM
Howdy Folks....sorry note note about the show earlier....my computer died on Sunday....still acquiring one.... Any whooooo....join me for mucho moro Motown Rare To Radio tonight. On WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and webcasting worldwide at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)
Thank you......see you on the radio! John looking forward to t show inspite of the mets playoff game on now. Could i request a truly rare supremes song from the love child album called: i ll set u free with diana and lovel vocals from mary and cindy on background it is a truly rare lp track that should have been a single.

midnight johnny
10-13-2015, 09:07 PM
looking forward to t show inspite of the mets playoff game on now. Could i request a truly rare supremes song from the love child album called: i ll set u free with diana and lovel vocals from mary and cindy on background it is a truly rare lp track that should have been a single.Awwww...Franjoy...great to see you!!! I will get that track on for you!!!

144man
10-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Good morning, MJ. Sorry about your computer.

If you're doing requests, one of my favourite 70s Supremes' tracks which I've never heard on the radio is "And I Thought You Loved Me".

midnight johnny
10-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Good morning, MJ. Sorry about your computer.

If you're doing requests, one of my favourite 70s Supremes' tracks which I've never heard on the radio is "And I Thought You Loved Me".

Hey Martin...great to see you...I will positiviely get your request on...come to think of it...I'VE never heard it on the radio either [[*smile)!

144man
10-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Hey Martin...great to see you...I will positiviely get your request on...come to think of it...I'VE never heard it on the radio either [[*smile)!

Thanks. Great track. Come to think about it, the version by composers Zesses and Fekaris under the name Marbaya is pretty good as well but the Thelma Houston version is surprisingly disappointing.

franjoy56
10-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Hey Martin...great to see you...I will positiviely get your request on...come to think of it...I'VE never heard it on the radio either [[*smile)! And I thought you loved me is a fabulous track great choice Martin, thanks for sharing it. I have that Jean Terrell Years 3 cd set what a blast of tracks on the promises kept sessions.

144man
10-13-2015, 09:55 PM
And I thought you loved me is a fabulous track great choice Martin, thanks for sharing it. I have that Jean Terrell Years 3 cd set what a blast of tracks on the promises kept sessions.

Yes Franjoy, the tracks from the Promises Kept sessions were pretty good.

johnjeb
10-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Hi John...sorry to hear about your computer... I had the same thing happen to me Christmas week two years ago....in Yarmouth now .... listening over the air on a one speaker bedside radio alarm clock about 20 years old...I was surprised I was able to tune in.... I haven't tried the slow DSL we have here to listen on my Kindle ...

midnight johnny
10-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Hi John...sorry to hear about your computer... I had the same thing happen to me Christmas week two years ago....in Yarmouth now .... listening over the air on a one speaker bedside radio alarm clock about 20 years old...I was surprised I was able to tune in.... I haven't tried the slow DSL we have here to listen on my Kindle ...

Hey there, John!!! Nice to know you're listening....even if it's on 2 Dixie cups and a string!!!

144man
10-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Whatever anyone thinks of the productions, Saundra actually sounded better vocally on the Motorcity recordings than she did on Motown in my opinion.

johnjeb
10-13-2015, 10:36 PM
Hey there, John!!! Nice to know you're listening....even if it's on 2 Dixie cups and a string!!!

It's like listening to my transistor in 1966! Hearing these Motown favorites on this small radio takes me back.

Beautiful day here on the Cape today....almost drove up to Ptown this afternoon but took a walk at a local beach instead.

midnight johnny
10-13-2015, 10:47 PM
It's like listening to my transistor in 1966! Hearing these Motown favorites on this small radio takes me back.

Beautiful day here on the Cape today....almost drove up to Ptown this afternoon but took a walk at a local beach instead.

After an amazing lightning storm this mornin'...it turned out beeeee-Utiful!