PDA

View Full Version : [[Super Rare!) Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs - "Stay"!

test

marv2
10-08-2015, 10:06 AM
I don't recall seeing them on television back in the day.......well here they are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5yiW3WgoY

marv2
10-08-2015, 10:10 AM
The program Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs appear on here is "The Village Square". It was a weekly TV series that originated in Charleston, South Carolina and was syndicated all across the USA. It aired every week from 1965-68. The show’s house band The Villagers would cover current top 40 hits while the Village Dancers would Frug and Pony in their ultra-groovy go-go boots

soulwally
10-09-2015, 09:01 AM
The program Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs appear on here is "The Village Square". It was a weekly TV series that originated in Charleston, South Carolina and was syndicated all across the USA. It aired every week from 1965-68. The show’s house band The Villagers would cover current top 40 hits while the Village Dancers would Frug and Pony in their ultra-groovy go-go boots
Maurice was interviewed in UK's Record Collector magazine earlier this year, and he's had a very interesrting career. And he still looks extremely well and healthy.

imnokid
10-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Wow. Thanx for this!

marv2
10-14-2015, 03:35 PM
Wow. Thanx for this!

Kev, my pleasure. Be sure to check the thread in the Motown forum called "Interviews & Performances with Dozens of Classic Motown Artists!". Some real nice clips of Miss Bettye from interviews on local Detroit TV stations and in the studio recording songs. These are all from the late 80s and early 90s.

Marv

imnokid
10-15-2015, 02:32 AM
Thanx for the heads up Marv. I don't visit that section too often.