PDA

View Full Version : The Original Video for "Me and Mrs. Jones" by Billy Paul

test

marv2
10-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Here's one I have never seen. I guess because back at the time of it's release we did not have any video programs or channels. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOTdt9Bovk

theboyfromxtown
10-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Blocked in the UK

marv2
10-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Blocked in the UK

Darn it! Why do they do that?

theboyfromxtown
10-05-2015, 04:28 PM
To annoy me.....

...and they succeeded.

jillfoster
10-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Marv, I used to see the Abba videos on the Midnight Special... I think in the United States, we didn't see these promo videos very often because we had American Bandstand, Soul Train, Mike Douglas, Dinah, Merv Griffin, etc that all the artists would appear on live. These videos many times were sent off the foreign countries by the record company to be played on music oriented shows in places like Israel, Australia, Japan, most anywhere... far away locales that some artists may or may not be traveling to. This way it promotes the recording without the artist having to go there.

marv2
10-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Marv, I used to see the Abba videos on the Midnight Special... I think in the United States, we didn't see these promo videos very often because we had American Bandstand, Soul Train, Mike Douglas, Dinah, Merv Griffin, etc that all the artists would appear on live. These videos many times were sent off the foreign countries by the record company to be played on music oriented shows in places like Israel, Australia, Japan, most anywhere... far away locales that some artists may or may not be traveling to. This way it promotes the recording without the artist having to go there.

I understand. It's kind of like back around 1979-80 those videos by folks like Paul McCartney and Wings. Actually I think the Beatles were some of the first to use videos in lieu of in person performances. I remember as a kid seeing videos of "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields" on the Ed Sullivan Show as they were no longer touring at that point.