PDA

View Full Version : Question About MP3 Recordings

test

thommg
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
So, I just got a bunch of CD's from Real Gone Music [[thanks to the fantastic sale!). Many of them are 2 albums on 1 CD. My question is this...
When you rip the CD's to put in your MP3 player, do you put them in as each separate album or as the entire 2 for 1 CD? When I did the Marvelettes Album set, I put them in as individual albums with the mono & stereo one after the other. I think I prefer doing them that way but I'm interested in other views. What say all of you?

Jerry Oz
10-02-2015, 12:16 AM
I use 'disc 1' and 'disc 2' designations for anthologies. Otherwise, I'd put them in as individual albums if they had two titles.

soulster
10-02-2015, 03:36 AM
So, I just got a bunch of CD's from Real Gone Music [[thanks to the fantastic sale!). Many of them are 2 albums on 1 CD. My question is this...
When you rip the CD's to put in your MP3 player, do you put them in as each separate album or as the entire 2 for 1 CD? When I did the Marvelettes Album set, I put them in as individual albums with the mono & stereo one after the other. I think I prefer doing them that way but I'm interested in other views. What say all of you? I split them us as separate albums. Of course, when i do that, I have to re-number the second album. I also attach dedicated artwork for each album. I, of course, place each album into its own folder.

soulster
10-02-2015, 03:38 AM
I use 'disc 1' and 'disc 2' designations for anthologies. Otherwise, I'd put them in as individual albums if they had two titles. For multi-disc sets, I also do the Disc one, Disc two...thing, and the entire things goes into a folder for that compilation/boxed set.

theboyfromxtown
10-02-2015, 04:26 AM
itunes seems to label them automatically and they are inconsistent. I am told its a big thing to rename them afterwards so I leave it. But its a nightmare trying to find disc 2, 3 etc of a multi disc set.

Those sets on the label rockhistory.co.uk are culprits

nabob
10-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I strongly recommend a utility called Mp3tag to remove the incorrect "generic" data sometimes placed by services like iTunes. This utility also allows placing your own images for covers. Just do a web search.

thommg
10-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I was quizing my nieces and they said, to them, 2 albums on 1 cd is just one album so it's all the same. I feel, because I grew up with each album as its own entity, that they should be split. Of course, my nieces also deal with mp3 files better than I do. I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks!

soulster
10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
itunes seems to label them automatically and they are inconsistent. I am told its a big thing to rename them afterwards so I leave it. But its a nightmare trying to find disc 2, 3 etc of a multi disc set.

Those sets on the label rockhistory.co.uk are culprits

That's why I don't use iTunes at all. In fact, I uninstalled it. It's worthless for a lot of reasons. I use Pono World, which is basically J.River, and I use a customized Foobar 2000.