PDA

View Full Version : Could The Supremes Have Pulled It Off?

test

blackguy69
09-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Since we're asking this question [[David and Diana). I might as well ask away. Could the girls pull off Diana's solo stuff. We already heard them[[with the Tops) doing Reach out and Touch Somebody's Hand, but how about the rest. Now I know some fans would disagree but I always thought Diana's first 3 albums sounded too much like the Supremes but it was until the sucess of LAdy Sings the Blues and Touch Me in the Morning that she finally moved away from the old sound. I always pictured diana and the girls doing Aint no Mountain wearing the Butterfly gowns and being very dramatic. any thoughts. [[and lets keep this civil, im calling out both sides to keep it a good convo.)

luke
09-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Now that would be a sight to see !!

Bluebrock
09-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Interesting topic. I am sure Jean could have handled many of the songs on the first 3 solo albums. Jean was the real deal and should have become a major solo star in her own right.
I don't think Mary's voice would have suited Diana's early solo material so I guess my response to the question depends upon which Supreme would have handled the lead vocals.