PDA

View Full Version : What was the Outcome?

test

marybrewster
09-24-2015, 10:52 AM
So I've wondered:

Jean [[and the Supremes) sang "Bill, When are You Coming Back?" I assume this song is about a soldier overseas [[Vietnam?). Bill's Mom says "no news is good news......", but is still "is so afraid". So, do you think Bill returned home? Or.....?

Another one:

Did Diana ever find her "honey" from "Last Time I Saw Him"? Last we heard, she thought there was trouble, and was leaving on the double. Where did he go? What did he do with the money she gave him? Did she ever see him again? Or was Mama right not trusting him?

Both of these songs would have been great for follow-ups.

Bluebrock
09-24-2015, 12:08 PM
So I've wondered:

Jean [[and the Supremes) sang "Bill, When are You Coming Back?" I assume this song is about a soldier overseas [[Vietnam?). Bill's Mom says "no news is good news......", but is still "is so afraid". So, do you think Bill returned home? Or.....?

Another one:

Did Diana ever find her "honey" from "Last Time I Saw Him"? Last we heard, she thought there was trouble, and was leaving on the double. Where did he go? What did he do with the money she gave him? Did she ever see him again? Or was Mama right not trusting him?

Both of these songs would have been great for follow-ups.
Indeed they would! I l loved "bwaycb" and thought it could have been a potential A side.
Never really cared for "ltish". Much preferred "sorry doesn't always make it right" but I did like it when Motown attempted to go a little bit country.

captainjames
09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
funny you bring these songs up........................................back then my opinion was Bill died. and with LTISH was the LT she saw him.

Bluebrock
09-27-2015, 04:33 AM
funny you bring these songs up........................................back then my opinion was Bill died. and with LTISH was the LT she saw him.
I reckon you have hit the nail on the head captainjames!