PDA

View Full Version : Mary Makes Amazon Chart With 8 Mixes of Time To Move On

test

supremester
09-21-2015, 08:06 PM
If everyone pre-orders, she could debut high on the chart....Could the album, now 15 years in the making, be far behind?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Remixes-Sweet-Music-Wilson/dp/B01567713U/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1442877600&sr=1-1&keywords=Mary+Wilson

Bluebrock
09-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Let us hope so!! I would love to purchase a solo album by Mary but I am not holding my breath. If I did that I would be long deceased!! No snide comments thank you very much!

marybrewster
09-22-2015, 01:15 PM
It's nice to see that Mary is finally releasing some music, even if 15 years [[?) in the can. I listened to a few samples and "club" music really isn't my taste, but to each their own. I just wonder how "relevant" Mary is to the dance scene at 70+ years old. Back in the late 90's, Tina's "When the Heartache is Over" and Diana's "Not Over You Yet" were lucky enough to piggyback off the success of Cher's "Believe".

I'd like to say I'd buy this, but 60 minutes of the same song doesn't do it for me. A traditional 8-12 track release; I'd be all over it.

marv2
09-22-2015, 01:56 PM
It's nice to see that Mary is finally releasing some music, even if 15 years [[?) in the can. I listened to a few samples and "club" music really isn't my taste, but to each their own. I just wonder how "relevant" Mary is to the dance scene at 70+ years old. Back in the late 90's, Tina's "When the Heartache is Over" and Diana's "Not Over You Yet" were lucky enough to piggyback off the success of Cher's "Believe".

I'd like to say I'd buy this, but 60 minutes of the same song doesn't do it for me. A traditional 8-12 track release; I'd be all over it.

All very good points!

Roberta75
09-22-2015, 02:26 PM

It sounds real dated imo and not my cup of tea. I didnt care for Lifes been Good to me but I bought it to support Mary but I loved Mother Dear which i also bought. Im not buying this one though.

Roberta

marv2
09-22-2015, 03:07 PM
I will do as my Queen commands. I will buy the recordings or face exile....................hehehehehehe!

honest man
09-22-2015, 04:04 PM
would be nice to see Mary have a place on the charts ,i mean 40 years almost as a solo star and still never to chart would be terrific,

luke
09-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Much better than previous version and Mary sounds good.

bradsupremes
09-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I know there is the live Up Close CD, but I honestly feel if Mary recorded a jazz studio album she would soar. Vocally she is perfect for it and I honestly think it could chart on the jazz charts.

captainjames
09-22-2015, 08:48 PM
I support all the girls regardless. The original mix was a few years back and was okay.

luke
09-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Very true Brad!

marv2
09-22-2015, 11:17 PM
I know there is the live Up Close CD, but I honestly feel if Mary recorded a jazz studio album she would soar. Vocally she is perfect for it and I honestly think it could chart on the jazz charts.

Yes, I would love to go into the studio with some of the best musicians and record a Jazz Standard album.

Bluebrock
09-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Yes, I would love to go into the studio with some of the best musicians and record a Jazz Standard album.

I think it would have happened by now if it was going to. Sad but true.

jim aka jtigre99
10-09-2015, 02:03 PM
If everyone pre-orders, she could debut high on the chart....Could the album, now 15 years in the making, be far behind?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Remixes-Sweet-Music-Wilson/dp/B01567713U/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1442877600&sr=1-1&keywords=Mary+Wilson
I think the remixes sound fresh and recommend them highly. Mary sounds great on these. Miss Wilson's forte may be ballads but it seems lately in order for a vintage artist to chart in that genre, it is usually in a duets album like Tony Bennett, Barbra Streisand,Rod Stewart among others have done. I say, Go Mary! It sounds like a dance chart hit to me.

johnny_raven
10-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Except that this song was originally released around 2000 on vinyl, so it's not new. The remixes may be, but the vocals are 15 years old. I'm not slamming Mary, mind you. I'm just pointing out that it's not a recent recording. I liked it when it came out and the remixes are nice to have, but I don't think it will chart.