PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross: "Revelations"

test

longtimefan
09-18-2015, 06:24 AM
Diana's "Revelations" album at Motown was to be released following "To Love Again," but it was cancelled because she had gone to RCA by that point. Do any of you SDF "Super Fans" know what the track listing was to be? The only track that I know of was a remix of "Come Together."

Let's see if we can reconstruct the track listing. :-)

captainjames
09-18-2015, 08:01 AM
We may have discussed this before, possibly "Fire Don't Burn" and "Never Light That Fire Again". A good thing Diana moved on because Motown was in bit of a funk. They were still selling but I think creativity was at a fork in the road.

marv2
09-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Here's a "revelation". I knew Diana copied from other artists, but she will NEVER look as good as Ms. Freda Payne! I knew that "diana ross" album cover looked familiar to me........

marv2
09-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Eat your heart out Diane..................hehehehehehehe...

dba
09-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Amazing how a good thread goes south and negative so quickly. No wonder I don't come to this site very much any more.

sansradio
09-18-2015, 10:01 AM
I believe that "Sweet Summertime Livin'" and "Share Some Love" may have been slated for this release as well. Is that the official cover Motown was going with or just fan art?

RobertZ
09-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Amazing how a good thread goes south and negative so quickly. No wonder I don't come to this site very much any more.

You and way too many others, unfortunately. "As if" Diana Ross needs to "eat her heart out" about Freida Payne's career ... [[though I do love Ms. Payne - )

jobeterob
09-18-2015, 10:18 AM
There is terrible jealousy and angst every time she takes that tour out with sellouts and spectacular reviews

thommg
09-18-2015, 11:07 AM
I believe that "Sweet Summertime Livin'" and "Share Some Love" may have been slated for this release as well. Is that the official cover Motown was going with or just fan art?

I thought the cover looked a little too familiar! It has to be fan art. Still, a similar type of cover would be nice for a collection titled Revelations. I love Diana's hair in the picture. I'm not near my collection at the moment, though, where is the remixed Come Together found? It was released, correct? A Revelations playlist would be a fun thing to have.

sansradio
09-18-2015, 11:20 AM
where is the remixed Come Together found?

It's on the Everything Is Everything expanded edition.

dba
09-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Also keep in mind that Motown was mining the vaults at this time. They knew she was on the way out and wanted to make as much cash as they could before she had new product on RCA. When Diana Ross was interviewed by Rolling Stone [[cover article) in 1976 while playing the Palace she told the interviewer that after the shows she was recording in a midtown recording studio. I believe she also said she was producing. Whether some of these tracks would have wound up on Revelations or were they tracks that she was recording on her own. Only folks who have had a look see in the vaults can answer this question. Andy are you on this Board?

supremester
09-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Ignore the dumb ass - he's allowed. For whatever reason, he's allowed. That isn't a Ross album cover - just an idiot wishing it was lol.

I don't think any songs we've heard would have made her '82 release. For that matter, I don't think To Love Again would have been issued as is in '81 had Ross stayed at Motown. She had great LP sales from '75 on at Motown except for '78 Ross and that may be why she took over after that. Another rehash LP like To Love Again would not pass muster with her.

Bluebrock
09-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Eat your heart out Diane..................hehehehehehehe...

You cannot help yourself can you? Just when i thought you were begining to behave like a normal mature sensible person you once again come back with your pathetic, childish and moronic statements about a woman you are unaturally obsessed about. I feel sorry for you, i really do. You are capable of making wonderful contributions to this forum and i greatly enjoy most of the links you post yet you obviously have serious issues to address.
I find it all the more annoying because you are driving good people away from this forum.
Please seek the help you so obviously need. Thank you.

longtimefan
09-18-2015, 02:36 PM

Can we get back to the topic that I posted, please? What songs might have been on this slated for this album. This is not a Freda Payne thread, with all respect to Miss Payne.

sup_fan
09-18-2015, 03:06 PM
I've read about a few of the tracks that might have been included. Share Some Love, Summertime Livin.

I've also read that a remix of her Come Together from Everything is Everything lp was readied.

I've made a bunch of my own playlists - my version of released LP's, how I might have made them better :) also some fo the unreleased concepts like Tribute to the Girls, Broadway to Hollywood and Revelations

Side A
We Can never Light That Old Flame [[since it was released as one of the final singles)
Come Together [[1982 mix)
Sweet Summertime Livin
Harmony
Fire Don't Burn

Share Some Love
Baby it's me [[2014 mix)
Old Funky Rolls
Go where your mind is
le Lo Li
Room Enough For two [[2014 mix)

yes I realize that 2014 mixes wouldn't have been available in 1982 lolol. but makes for a fun play list :)

Side A

marv2
09-18-2015, 03:39 PM
You cannot help yourself can you? Just when i thought you were begining to behave like a normal mature sensible person you once again come back with your pathetic, childish and moronic statements about a woman you are unaturally obsessed about. I feel sorry for you, i really do. You are capable of making wonderful contributions to this forum and i greatly enjoy most of the links you post yet you obviously have serious issues to address.
I find it all the more annoying because you are driving good people away from this forum.

If you don't like what I have to say....don't read it! Diana Ross will never come close to the level of beauty of a Freda Payne so wishful thinking and stealing of Freda's image cannot even help her!

RobertZ
09-18-2015, 07:21 PM
We ALL agree. Best is to just ignore, though it is difficult.

Roberta75
09-18-2015, 08:24 PM
We ALL agree. Best is to just ignore, though it is difficult.

Yes dear Roberttz and Bluebrock and its best to ignore him for hes obsessed with Diane Ross and protected in this here form. smh just smh.

Fondly,

Roberta

marv2
09-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Yes dear Roberttz and Bluebrock and its best to ignore him for hes obsessed with Diane Ross and protected in this here form. smh just smh.

Fondly,

Roberta

Man.....go back to sleep. Who asked you?

Roberta75
09-18-2015, 08:34 PM
Man.....go back to sleep. Who asked you?

You are rude and disrespectful and inconsiderate and childish and vindictive and obviously real real unhappy. I could say a lot more but im not allowing myself to stoop to your level.

captainjames
09-19-2015, 02:09 PM
Its a Fan mock up cover which Diana has no knowledge of. Amazing how it turn into a Diana vs. Freda. Sorry if I brought out the WWOTW.

Glenpwood
09-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Is it that hard to stare at that Diana picture then the Freda one to realize it's nothing more than someone photoshopping Ross' head onto Payne's body?

I will second that the negativity that seemed to go away after Ralph stepped in last year seems to be back in full force and keeps me away from here. It's just a bunch of music from decades ago. The people who made it deserve more respect than to be used as pawns in board members arguments and grudges against other members. I clicked on this thread hoping to learn something. Sadly this topic, like so many of late, have nothing of real value besides updating me on who hates who on the board which I doubt Ralph intends this forum to be used for....

Bluebrock
09-19-2015, 04:41 PM
You are rude and disrespectful and inconsiderate and childish and vindictive and obviously real real unhappy. I could say a lot more but im not allowing myself to stoop to your level.
Well said Roberta. Let's hope he crawls back up Mary Wilson's ass or wherever it is he lives!

Bluebrock
09-19-2015, 05:03 PM
If you don't like what I have to say....don't read it! Diana Ross will never come close to the level of beauty of a Freda Payne so wishful thinking and stealing of Freda's image cannot even help her!
Yes it must have been so tough for Diana to live in Freda's shadow for the past 50 years but somehow she managed to make a teeny weeny little career for herself. I love both of these ladies but with the utmost respect to Ms Payne this particular thread has nothing to do with her despite your typically moronic attempts to cause more trouble.

marv2
09-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes it must have been so tough for Diana to live in Freda's shadow for the past 50 years but somehow she managed to make a teeny weeny little career for herself. I love both of these ladies but with the utmost respect to Ms Payne this particular thread has nothing to do with her despite your typically moronic attempts to cause more trouble.

Bite me!!!!!

captainjames
09-19-2015, 10:43 PM
I wonder if there was actually ever a cover done for Reflections.. I remember Mary Wilson saying at the time that Diana would never leave Motown as Diana walked away to RCA. It was the best thing she ever did regarding her career, financially and gaining creative control.

marv2
09-19-2015, 10:50 PM
I wonder if there was actually ever a cover done for Reflections.. I remember Mary Wilson saying at the time that Diana would never leave Motown as Diana walked away to RCA. It was the best thing she ever did regarding her career, financially and gaining creative control.

And she has not had a hit since! LOL!!!!

Mary [[and others) have also said that Berry created a monster and it turned on him............

captainjames
09-19-2015, 11:02 PM
And BAM !!!
"Why Do Fools Fall In Love"
"Missing You"
"Mirror Mirror"
and " Chain Reaction" was embraced by all her fans.

marv2
09-19-2015, 11:09 PM
And BAM !!!
"Why Do Fools Fall In Love"
"Missing You"
"Mirror Mirror"
and " Chain Reaction" was embraced by all her fans.

When did those come out 30 -35 years ago? I never hear them anywhere.

supremester
09-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Diana had her biggest hit in Motown history after signing with RCA - ever hear of Endless Love? She also had top ten albums and singles in every country of the world and continues to do very well live. It's estimated that she's earned a quarter billion since leaving Motown.

PS Mary also said you were "a disturbed fool, to stay away from her and keep her name out of your petty squabbles." hehehehehehehehehehehe

And she has not had a hit since! LOL!!!!

Mary [[and others) have also said that Berry created a monster and it turned on him............

Bluebrock
09-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Diana had her biggest hit in Motown history after signing with RCA - ever hear of Endless Love? She also had top ten albums and singles in every country of the world and continues to do very well live. It's estimated that she's earned a quarter billion since leaving Motown.

PS Mary also said you were "a disturbed fool, to stay away from her and keep her name out of your petty squabbles." hehehehehehehehehehehe
I have been pulling a few strings and if all works out well i am due to meet Mary Wilson backstage after her Legends tour hits Manchester, England next month. I should get 15 minutes with her which should give me ample time to briefly discuss this person and see just exactly what Mary thinks of him, if indeed she even knows him. Only another 3 weeks to go folks before your patience should be rewarded. Happy days!

captainjames
09-20-2015, 10:35 AM
I have been pulling a few strings and if all works out well i am due to meet Mary Wilson backstage after her Legends tour hits Manchester, England next month. I should get 15 minutes with her which should give me ample time to briefly discuss this person and see just exactly what Mary thinks of him, if indeed she even knows him. Only another 3 weeks to go folks before your patience should be rewarded. Happy days!

Bluebrock,
I have already asked Mary and you already know the answer. To sum up her response it is similar to that of a granola bar.

Bluebrock
09-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Bluebrock,
I have already asked Mary and you already know the answer. To sum up her response it is similar to that of a granola bar.
That is fair enough captainjames!!

Bokiluis
09-21-2015, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Bluebrock;300919]You cannot help yourself can you? You are capable of making wonderful contributions to this forum and i greatly enjoy most of the links you post yet you obviously have serious issues to address.
[\QUOTE]

Fewer sadder, but, true words have been spoken. Ralph, on a personal note though I want to share for the greater good, thank you for being a great meditator. Now looking at my 6th decade [[eeeech!) on this earth, I trust that music, and the love of, will continue to reign over the insanity and infantile behavior.....for which I am no better or worse than others.

Bluebrock
09-21-2015, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=Bluebrock;300919]You cannot help yourself can you? You are capable of making wonderful contributions to this forum and i greatly enjoy most of the links you post yet you obviously have serious issues to address.
[\QUOTE]

Fewer sadder, but, true words have been spoken. Ralph, on a personal note though I want to share for the greater good, thank you for being a great meditator. Now looking at my 6th decade [[eeeech!) on this earth, I trust that music, and the love of, will continue to reign over the insanity and infantile behavior.....for which I am no better or worse than others.
Indeed, but there are enough decent people who remain on this forum who are capable of debating in a respectful, dignified and mannerly way. The unpleasant people will get their comeuppance. At least we can hold our heads up and continue to treat each other in the way we would wish to be treated.
One bad apple don't make the whole bunch bad.......