PDA

View Full Version : Will DIANA ROSS make cameo apperarce on EMPIRE?

test

milven
09-16-2015, 12:22 AM
By Emily Smith

Diana Ross has been in talks for a cameo role on the Fox hit “Empire.”

The legendary diva has had discussions with the show’s co-creator Lee Daniels about appearing on the show, which starts its second season on Sept. 23. And Ross seems to be into the idea.

Before performing at last week’s Toronto Film Festival AMBI Gala, she told the Globe and Mail of the idea of joining “Empire”: “That would be wonderful.”

When asked who he would most like to see on the show in June, Daniels replied, “Diana Ross. I’m obsessed with Diana Ross.” Even Taraji P. Henson, who stars as the show’s resident diva, Cookie, revealed this summer, “My wish would be for Diana Ross and Billy Dee Williams to play my [Cookie’s] parents,” adding, “I have no idea [who it will be]. I want Oprah, too.”

An “Empire” source told us of the creative team’s plans for Season 2, “There have been informal talks with Diana. But we are very focused on servicing and developing the main characters played by Taraji, Terrance [[Howard) and Jussie [[Smollett). They are all superstar personalities.”

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/15/will-diana-ross-cameo-on-empire/

jobeterob
09-16-2015, 01:57 AM
Very cool.

ejluther
09-16-2015, 09:11 AM
Diana and Billy Dee together again? As Cookie's parents? Yes, please!!!

arr&bee
09-16-2015, 10:47 PM
I'd rather see denzel.

marv2
09-16-2015, 10:48 PM
I'd rather see denzel.

hehehebhehehehehehehe..........................

jobeterob
09-17-2015, 01:05 AM
Diana and Denzel would be awesome. But isn't Denzel a little young? Age matching, Billy Dee would be the man.

And don't we always want the originals?

jobucats
09-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Here's a really out there thought. Bring on Diana and Billy Dee in a recurring role as their characters from "Mahogany." Cookie was the daughter born to Tracey and Brian Walker after Tracey left the fashion world and returned to Chicago.

Yes, I am aware that this is a stretch of a concept. Yes, I do know there would be more trouble than what it is worth to get copyright and legal permission from the heads of the studio that produced "Mahagony." [[and to get legal promotion from the writers) Keep in mind that Taraji P. Henson was born around the same time as the movie which would make her character's parents more believable. And yes, I know Cookie is a character; Taraji is a real person.

This is just having fun with the idea of Diana making a cameo as Cookie's mother.

Bluebrock
09-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Here's a really out there thought. Bring on Diana and Billy Dee in a recurring role as their characters from "Mahogany." Cookie was the daughter born to Tracey and Brian Walker after Tracey left the fashion world and returned to Chicago.

Yes, I am aware that this is a stretch of a concept. Yes, I do know there would be more trouble than what it is worth to get copyright and legal permission from the heads of the studio that produced "Mahagony." [[and to get legal promotion from the writers) Keep in mind that Taraji P. Henson was born around the same time as the movie which would make her character's parents more believable. And yes, I know Cookie is a character; Taraji is a real person.

This is just having fun with the idea of Diana making a cameo as Cookie's mother.
If it does happen she will surely play Cookie's mother. They have more than a passing resemblence so it would be perfect casting.

arr&bee
09-17-2015, 02:00 PM
How bout diana making a guest shot on[seseme street]as the cookie monster's...oh never mind!!

Bluebrock
09-20-2015, 01:52 PM
If she does agree to appear it is likely to be after the mid season break because they have all but wrapped up production on the initial 9 episodes.

marv2
09-20-2015, 07:20 PM
how bout diana making a guest shot on[seseme street]as the cookie monster's...oh never mind!!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

detmotownguy
09-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Don't shoot me, but I always preferred her acting to her singing. Funny that everyone questioned acting ability for LSTB but she did a good job. Remember Mary laughed at those who questioned her ability. Not sure why she didn't continue pursuing acting opportunities because I think she could've made a solid career out of acting

marv2
09-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Don't shoot me, but I always preferred her acting to her singing. Funny that everyone questioned acting ability for LSTB but she did a good job. Remember Mary laughed at those who questioned her ability. Not sure why she didn't continue pursuing acting opportunities because I think she could've made a solid career out of acting

Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle have both appeared on Empire ,why not Diane?

jobeterob
09-21-2015, 01:01 AM

She's always said it keeps her away from the family and home too much. Now with the grandchildren and age, I don't expect we will see much more than a cameo at best

supremester
09-21-2015, 01:24 AM
Gladys & Patti do reality shows, 3rd tier interview shows - anything practically. Miss Ross doesn't seem to care much for that, so, just to say she's been on Empire, might not be worth the trouble to her. I think she won't do it. Maybe a specially well written, killer story arc would lure her if it was challenging and rewarding, but do do a Patti or Gladys bit on Empire - I just can't see her wanting to do it. For what? $50k? LOL

jobeterob
09-21-2015, 01:53 AM
Um, I'm sure we can think of someone else who would "do it " for nothing!

RobertZ
09-21-2015, 10:14 AM

I LOVE it!