PDA

View Full Version : Flo ballard movie director named

test

topdiva1
12-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Martha Coolidge who directed the fabulous INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANDRIDGE starring Halle Berry - has signed on to direct Faith Evans in BLONDIE - THE FLO BALLARD STORY, according to TONY TURNER.

Ms. Coolidge's work also includes - Sex In The City, CSI, Crime Scene Investigation, Shark, Psych and Weeds.

Turner stated that he believes Ms. Coolidge will be able to bring to the big screen the essence of the moods, joy, triumph, talent and pain that was Florence Ballard.

Based on the Peter Benjaminson book - THE LOST SUPREME - and the last known interviews of Supremes legend Florence Ballard - Turner stated - "at last Flo will speak in HER OWN WORDS".

topdiva1
12-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Tony Turner said that the movie is now slated for release in the fall of 2011. Turner is currently touring with The Three Degrees and will be with them in San Francisco on Jan 6, 2011 at the Razz Room in the Nikko Hotel.

jonc
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Tony Turner said that the movie is now slated for release in the fall of 2011. Turner is currently touring with The Three Degrees and will be with them in San Francisco on Jan 6, 2011 at the Razz Room in the Nikko Hotel.

Oh you'll enjoy that. Have you been to San Francisco before? It's a lovely city.

luke
12-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow great news-good director!!

smark21
12-14-2010, 09:28 PM

How nice Tony Turner is keeping in touch with you since the two of you met when he lectured at your college.

topdiva1
12-15-2010, 11:36 AM
I am thinking that there will not be any real bashing of anyone in this movie - just stating the facts - I have done some research on the director - and gossip and trash tabloid things are not here stlye. We will likely get a balanced and moving picture of Ms. Ballard.

jobeterob
12-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Some really good posts lately Tony; here and on "Has Diana Lost Interest" especially.

jonc
12-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I am thinking that there will not be any real bashing of anyone in this movie - just stating the facts - I have done some research on the director - and gossip and trash tabloid things are not here stlye. We will likely get a balanced and moving picture of Ms. Ballard.

I have to agree Tony. I wonder if they have secured the rights to the Supremes music.

topdiva1
12-15-2010, 06:14 PM
If one looks at this directors work - especially her direction of INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANRIDGE - we may get more of a real movie/documentary - however, is Faith Evans gonna be able to pull it off. This is like old stories on can Diana Ross pull off Billie Holiday - and she did. Flo has been gone long enough for her actual style and mannerisms to be somewhat blared - except for the youtube stuff - I am betting that Ms. Evans will surprise us all.

topdiva1
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Some really good posts lately Tony; here and on "Has Diana Lost Interest" especially.

I am Top Diva - and - I thank you.

topdiva1
12-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I have to agree Tony. I wonder if they have secured the rights to the Supremes music.

Top Diva - shall ask Tony Turner, if he knows, on your behalf.

jonc
12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Top Diva - shall ask Tony Turner, if he knows, on your behalf.

Thanks Tony.

topdiva1
12-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Tony.

Some Things You Never Get Use To!!!

smark21
12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
If one looks at this directors work - especially her direction of INTRODUCING DOROTHY DANRIDGE - we may get more of a real movie/documentary - however, is Faith Evans gonna be able to pull it off. This is like old stories on can Diana Ross pull off Billie Holiday - and she did. Flo has been gone long enough for her actual style and mannerisms to be somewhat blared - except for the youtube stuff - I am betting that Ms. Evans will surprise us all.

Biggest concern is whether Faith Evans will be credible portraying Flo as a teenager. Faith is almost 40 years old. If she plays Flo as a teen, Martha Coolidge will have to resurrect the filters the director of Mame had to use to shoot Lucille Ball.

topdiva1
12-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Biggest concern is whether Faith Evans will be credible portraying Flo as a teenager. Faith is almost 40 years old. If she plays Flo as a teen, Martha Coolidge will have to resurrect the filters the director of Mame had to use to shoot Lucille Ball.

True to that - what Ross in the Wiz - I do however wonder how much of Flo's early years pre Supremes will be done - perhaps the director will use the flash back story telling method.

marv2
12-19-2010, 09:42 PM
True to that - what Ross in the Wiz - I do however wonder how much of Flo's early years pre Supremes will be done - perhaps the director will use the flash back story telling method.

I think the flashback technique would work well in covering certain events in Florence's childhood, however, they are going to have to put some substantial work into covering Florence's years with the Supremes.

topdiva1
12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Tony.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MESSY, JONC - perhaps on an extended vacation from SDF - the postings have been more civil and informative without Jonc's messy tone. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

jillfoster
12-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Topdiva, I don't think Faith Evans' age will be any problem at all. As we all know, black women 95 percent of the time, look 10 years younger than they actually are. Teenage scenes? Maybe some problem there... but during the Supremes heyday, Faith looks perfectly young enough for any of that.

midnightman
12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Simple: they'll get a younger actress to play Flo in her younger years. Depends if they're gonna use her early years in this film...

nomis
12-24-2010, 04:02 PM
They could start the movie with Flo talking to Bejaminson with ice tinkling in the kool aid and the kids happily playing around their mother then go back to Flashback scenes as Flo tells her life story..you know Ive never forgotten that story about when Flo was depressed after she left and would sit and watch game shows with her mother..Ive always found that story sad...her mother telling her to sing but she was too beat by life...

Penny
12-24-2010, 10:24 PM
This movie is very exciting and I can't wait.

topdiva1
12-25-2010, 02:10 PM
This movie is very exciting and I can't wait.

And Penny - that is putting it mildly - the speculation is running wild on this movie - will it get done or not - what's in it and what's not - no one knows for sure. But what fun we will have here with new and endless debates on the Flo Ballard film - if it gets done and even if it does not.

Welcome to SDF Penny!!! Your in for an interesting, never dull ride - so - fasten your seatbelt, honey!!!

marv2
12-25-2010, 02:39 PM
It will get done! The best part is the secret of what will and will not be included..........LOL!