PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify the song!

test

jillfoster
09-05-2015, 04:03 PM
This is gonna be a toughie. I heard it today on the muzak in our store, too much background noise to pick out lyrics, except it's a relatively slow love song. Pretty sure it was recorded between 1971 and 1976. Male vocalist, similar in sound to Johnnie Taylor/Marvin Gaye. I've heard the song before, but it's been like 35 years since I've heard it, and when it came on today a HUGE light bulb went on, becuase I'd heard it before, but totally forgotten about it. I know it's not a BIG hit, but a smaller hit. the most distinctive thing about it was the background vocals, through the verses, he would sing a line, then high female voices would go "ahhh!" at the end of each line he sings [[held for a couple of seconds, high and somewhat operatic). Like I said, not much to go on, any suggestions would be helpful.

daviddesper
09-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Jill:

I can't help you personally, but I can tell you from the times I have posted similar questions that the gang on here will do their absolute best to help you. So you might get lucky.

jillfoster
09-05-2015, 11:30 PM
the more I listen and think about it, It REALLY sounds like Johnnie Taylor... is there any of his songs that have that distinctive background vocal like that?

jillfoster
09-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Well, I found it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0iS-bEWsQA

Sotosound
09-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Featuring Jerry Knight's vocals, if I recall.

theboyfromxtown
09-11-2015, 09:25 AM
How did you find it?

jillfoster
09-11-2015, 11:58 PM
Well.. since it was on the muzak at our store, I found out what station it was set on, then kept watching the running playlist, until something came up that I thought could be it. And there it was!

theboyfromxtown
09-13-2015, 09:56 AM
Sherlock Holmes has noting on you! LOL

Good thinking.