PDA

View Full Version : Isley brothers box set released

test

woodward
08-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Although the box set only covers their RCA and T-Neck albums, the article which appeared on Philly.com mentions a performance with Martha and the Vandellas and mentions This Old Heart of Mine.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/music/20150827_Isley_brother_talks_career-spanning_box_set.html

soulster
08-27-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm not going to get the box, but I can download the albums and individual tracks in CD quality or hi-rez from 7-digital or Pono. I'm digging the "Baby" Cortez tracks.

Bokiluis
08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
The T-Neck catalog is most appealing. I have most albums through "Winner Takes All", but, I bought the first generation of CDs and if the remastering is top notch.....it's tempting. I can seem to find a complete track listing so if anyone has one....it would be great to see.

jack020
08-28-2015, 02:14 AM
http://theseconddisc.com/2015/05/21/its-your-thing-the-isley-brothers-rca-and-t-neck-albums-and-more-collected-on-23-cd-box-set/

I got it from Amazon UK for 40 UK pounds but the price went up quickly after the first announcement!:)

Bluebrock
08-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Not much in the way of unreleased stuff to justify the hefty price tag in my opinion. I love the Isleys but I don't think I will be bothering unless one of you good people insist it is a must buy in which case I may reconsider.........

soulster
08-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Not much in the way of unreleased stuff to justify the hefty price tag in my opinion. I love the Isleys but I don't think I will be bothering unless one of you good people insist it is a must buy in which case I may reconsider.........

Better sound and single versions are the reason I would buy it [[them). Again, if you download the lossless or hi-rez versions, you can pick and choose what you want, and are not tied to having to buy the whole box.

Bluebrock
08-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Better sound and single versions are the reason I would buy it [[them). Again, if you download the lossless or hi-rez versions, you can pick and choose what you want, and are not tied to having to buy the whole box.
Thanks for that. I shall give it some careful thought.

Mark Desjardines
08-30-2015, 10:00 PM
I received my Isley Brothers Box Set on Friday afternoon and right off the bat, was impressed with the look of this 23 disc set. Each recording is presented in a cardboard miniature version of the original release complete with liner notes and gatefold covers where applicable. Great booklet as well. Of course it's all about the music and I have just finished listening to the 12 track, previously unreleased "Wild In Woodstock" tracks albeit re-recorded versions of previously recorded tracks, but interestingly re-arranged, clocks in at almost 70 minutes. Apart from the very early recordings, "Shout!" and "In The Beginning...The Isley Brothers & Jimi Hendrix" which some fans may not have a copy of, I'm happy to have all their T-Neck recordings collected together. Hope this helps some fence sitters.

Bluebrock
08-31-2015, 08:31 AM
I received my Isley Brothers Box Set on Friday afternoon and right off the bat, was impressed with the look of this 23 disc set. Each recording is presented in a cardboard miniature version of the original release complete with liner notes and gatefold covers where applicable. Great booklet as well. Of course it's all about the music and I have just finished listening to the 12 track, previously unreleased "Wild In Woodstock" tracks albeit re-recorded versions of previously recorded tracks, but interestingly re-arranged, clocks in at almost 70 minutes. Apart from the very early recordings, "Shout!" and "In The Beginning...The Isley Brothers & Jimi Hendrix" which some fans may not have a copy of, I'm happy to have all their T-Neck recordings collected together. Hope this helps some fence sitters.
I am currently sat on that fence. It certainly sounds very appealing but i am still not quite convinced enough to shell out that amount of cash quite yet.