PDA

View Full Version : Junior Walker Mix up with CD Cover

test

paul_nixon
08-24-2015, 12:17 PM
I know there have been several mistakes in the past with CD reissues and this may have been talked about before but this is news to me.
I was going through my CD's and have noticed that a reissue CD of the Live LP [[Soul 725) has used the cover of the other Junior Live LP [[Soul 725). So the cover shows the early live album but contains the music from the latter........any more out there I think there was also a juxtaposition with a Temptations Live reissue at the same time

roger
08-24-2015, 12:46 PM
I know there have been several mistakes in the past with CD reissues and this may have been talked about before but this is news to me.
I was going through my CD's and have noticed that a reissue CD of the Live LP [[Soul 725) has used the cover of the other Junior Live LP [[Soul 725). So the cover shows the early live album but contains the music from the latter........any more out there I think there was also a juxtaposition with a Temptations Live reissue at the same time

Well, I think you have mixed up the catalogue numbers of those two "Live" LPs Paul ... surely they should read 705 and 725 .... or perhaps 705 and 705 :)

With THE TEMPTATIONS you could be thinking of the UK toofer of "Copa" and "Lot O Soul" where the studio version of "You're My Everything" [[as on "Lot O Soul") was omitted, presumably as they thought it was the same recording as the "Live" version on "Copa".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-The-Copa-With-Soul/dp/tracks/B00004WZ5N/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Roger

reese
08-24-2015, 12:59 PM
On the original Tempts LIVE AT THE COPA / WITH A LOT O SOUL 2fer, they mistakenly used a photo of the Tempts' first live album.

paul_nixon
08-24-2015, 01:17 PM
On the original Tempts LIVE AT THE COPA / WITH A LOT O SOUL 2fer, they mistakenly used a photo of the Tempts' first live album.

Yes typo Soul 705 and Soul 725

paul_nixon
08-24-2015, 01:19 PM
I think they may have done that on the single disc re-issue as well and like many 'motown myths' it got repeated on the twofers

sansradio
08-24-2015, 03:38 PM
My Going to a Go-Go CD contains the cover art and track listing for Away We a Go-Go.