PDA

View Full Version : The Obama/Clinton Press Conference

test

skooldem1
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
What was that all about? I have never seen a President act that way [[Obama). What on earth was he thinking?

jobeterob
12-11-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/10/tax.plan/index.html

stephanie
12-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I am glad he brought President Clinton up there. If he felt that he needed him as an ally then so be it. I know this may have come off as weak but if he felt that Clinton could convey the message than Im all for it.

funky_fresh
12-12-2010, 12:05 AM
May have come off as weak???

As a person of color, I am especially embarrassed for the President.

This presidency is going down in flames fast.

jobeterob
12-12-2010, 01:42 AM
As a Canadian, I didn't see that as particularly weak; I saw it as odd I suppose.

But I am surprised how badly things continue to go for President Obama. Is it really worse than things went for Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush1, Bush2, or Clinton in their first terms?

bjmingo
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I pray that they stop fighting among themselves and start taking care of business and make some progress. People are suffering behind this foolishness. They should put theirselves in the position of the people that is hurting for work.

stephanie
12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Dems need to stick together no matter how you feel. No matter what Beck, Palin and Rush the other parts of their sideshow say they dont come down on each other that is why we got 8 years of Bush. All is not perfect in the land of the Dems but we need to stick together and vote and support Obama or at least our democratic senators and congressmen and women. This man has been judged since he sat in the Oval Office its amazing I dont remember people being against Bush this much.

soulster
12-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Somehow, I think Obama knows he kind of screwed up bigtime.

jonc
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Somehow, I think Obama knows he kind of screwed up bigtime.

I hope so. it's time for our President to grow a pair and realize that the Republicans have absolutely zero interest in working with him. He should use the veto next year whenever necessary. It’s also time to end DADT by executive order. He PROMISED he’d do that multiple times during his Presidential campaign and 2 years later we are still waiting.

It’s time to start making good on the promises he made to his base or he’ll be a one termer.

I’m still backing him but I am getting very tired of his reaching out to the far right on every issue.

stephanie
12-15-2010, 07:08 PM
JonC Im still behind Obama as well hopefully the economy will get better but he does need to have a spine behind some of these issues.