PDA

View Full Version : Unsung hollywood: Billy dee williams

test

Bokiluis
08-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Tonight's airing of the Billy Dee Williams "Unsung Hollywood" is very well done. Of course since he once managed him, Mr. Gordy was interviewed quite a bit. Obviously lots of "Lady" and "Mahogany" clips.
It was really sad to hear the degree of racial prejudice he has had [[including most actors of color) to contend with.

[[It was nice to see Judy Pace, another unsung actresses from the 70s. Wasn't she in "Cotton Comes to Harlem?"

Side note: Both he and Diana deserved an Oscar nomination and to win. Forget the brilliant lover man scenes, Billy was amazing in the dramatic scenes. That fight scene between Diana and Billy is a slice of thespian excellence from both of them.

marv2
08-13-2015, 12:32 AM
If someone can explain to me how Billy Dee Williams is "Unsung" I might believe it. Did they talk about his role in the "Star Wars" film?

midnightman
08-13-2015, 11:09 AM
^ Yep, both films he was in lol

Sammy Davis, Jr. is the next subject next week. *scratching head*

I like Billy Dee's episode as well.

arr&bee
08-13-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna say something that might upset some, now i like billy dee in those love stories...but the guy can't act,you take him out of a love story and he's lost.

midnightman
08-13-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna say something that might upset some, now i like billy dee in those love stories...but the guy can't act,you take him out of a love story and he's lost.

He was mainly a pretty face for most of the '70s and '80s, that's all the producers who hired him wanted. BD even admitted such when he stated how he got in Star Wars because George Lucas felt hounded for making Darth Vader "a big ugly black man" lol

JimBagley
08-13-2015, 11:33 AM
The actors and comedians that they are profiling on Hollywood Unsung are even less Unsung than the musicians profiled on Unsung [[except for the early profile on Pam Grier). When I saw the ever beautiful Judy Pace interviewed last night, I thought that she should be the one being profiled! Other candidates for inclusion should include Jeannie Bell, Diana Sands, Rosalind Cash, Raymond St. Jacques, Thalmus Rasulala, and Delroy LIndo.

marv2
08-13-2015, 12:08 PM

He was best in "Brian's Song".

marv2
08-13-2015, 12:10 PM
The actors and comedians that they are profiling on Hollywood Unsung are even less Unsung than the musicians profiled on Unsung [[except for the early profile on Pam Grier). When I saw the ever beautiful Judy Pace interviewed last night, I thought that she should be the one being profiled! Other candidates for inclusion should include Jeannie Bell, Diana Sands, Rosalind Cash, Raymond St. Jacques, Thalmus Rasulala, and Delroy LIndo.

Billy Dee Williams is very famous and not just for the Malt Liquor commercials he did in the 80s. How in the World they can classify him as "unsung" is way beyond me! There are too many great, but now obscure actors and actress that would fit the bill.