PDA

View Full Version : I've never been to me-the temptations

test

arr&bee
08-12-2015, 10:41 PM
A very powerful performance from the temps,dennis is all business on this one a nice message.

marv2
08-12-2015, 11:20 PM
I remember seeing them sing this on television. Dennis did a great job, but the lyrics I never really cared for.

Bluebrock
08-13-2015, 07:02 AM
It was more suited to a female performer but one cannot argue with the quality of the vocals.

midnightman
08-13-2015, 11:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSdjzNVZq-4

Soul Sister
08-13-2015, 11:58 AM
R & B,
Always liked the story told in the lyrics, great stuff!!

S.S.

captainjames
08-16-2015, 02:36 PM
First love this when it was performed by Charlene but then Nancy Wilson did and I have never heard anyone else sing it better. Dennis does a good job but Nancy takes it home.

captainjames
08-17-2015, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnmNZ1svLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnmNZ1svLk

Bluebrock
08-17-2015, 10:30 AM
First love this when it was performed by Charlene but then Nancy Wilson did and I have never heard anyone else sing it better. Dennis does a good job but Nancy takes it home.
Randy Crawford also recorded a mean version of it.

arr&bee
08-17-2015, 03:09 PM
I love nancy,but the temps version does it for me.

sansradio
08-17-2015, 07:01 PM
The Tempts were my introduction to this choon; always loved their take. Charlene's is...nice. But Nancy grabs it by the throat. I was listening to her version on the subway this weekend and swooning. Would love to hear Randy's; she's another who could sing the ingredients off of a Cheez-It box and make it work.

144man
08-18-2015, 03:12 AM
Nancy Wilson's version is slightly spoilt for me when she sings "moved like Barlow in Monte Carlo" instead "[Jean] Harlow".

sansradio
08-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Nancy Wilson's version is slightly spoilt for me when she sings "moved like Barlow in Monte Carlo" instead "[Jean] Harlow".

Aha! That never registered with me. I'll have to listen for it.

Bluebrock
08-19-2015, 07:37 AM

Good point 144man. Much as I adore Nancy I was never especially taken with her version and I hear what you are saying!

captainjames
08-23-2015, 08:32 PM
lol sorry Nancy's first .....................hey lady to her final ..............................hmm.... is just incomparable. it just seems fitting for a mature woman trying to educate a novice.

sansradio
09-29-2015, 09:37 AM

BUMP: On listening to Nancy's version again this morning, I distinctly heard her sing, "Moved like Bardot through Monte Carlo," which, though not in the original lyrics, makes a lot more sense. This has been troubling me since Nancy's always been such an intelligent song stylist; I didn't think she'd randomly sing "Barlow." Give it another listen and sound off when you do.

144man
10-02-2015, 06:36 AM
BUMP: On listening to Nancy's version again this morning, I distinctly heard her sing, "Moved like Bardot through Monte Carlo," which, though not in the original lyrics, makes a lot more sense. This has been troubling me since Nancy's always been such an intelligent song stylist; I didn't think she'd randomly sing "Barlow." Give it another listen and sound off when you do.

I pulled out my vinyl copy and also listened again to the version on YouTube and am now unsure what she sings. "Barlow" rhymes, "Bardot " makes more sense, but the pronunciation is too indistinct to tell.

While I was on YouTube, I listened to the Randy Crawford version for the first time. I liked it a lot.

Bluebrock
10-02-2015, 06:40 AM
I pulled out my vinyl copy and also listened again to the version on YouTube and am now unsure what she sings. "Barlow" rhymes, "Bardot " makes more sense, but the pronunciation is too indistinct to tell.

While I was on YouTube, I listened to the Randy Crawford version for the first time. I liked it a lot.

I think I prefer Randy's version to anyone elses. She puts so much warmth and emotion into her singing in a way that few other performers are capable off. She reminds me of Gladys knight in that respect. A class act just as Nancy is of course.