PDA

View Full Version : Lauryn Hill Performs Simone Classic 'Feeling Good' on TONIGHT SHOW

test

marv2
08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
If anyone anyone out there doubted her, her talents. This should end it all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRKwiUyI4R0

glencro
08-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Thanks for posting...this was awesome. I really miss the talent of Lauryn Hill

marv2
08-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Thanks for posting...this was awesome. I really miss the talent of Lauryn Hill

You're welcome. She was totally on point. It looks like they spared no expense in mounting this performance.

arr&bee
08-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Great to see lauryn.

Bluebrock
08-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks for posting Marv. We do get the Jimmy Fallon show here in the UK so i have already seen it but it is well worth seeing again. Let us hope she is finally back on track. This woman could be one of the all time greats if she put her mind to it. What a voice.
She was banned from entering the UK a couple of weeks ago due to her past exploits. I hope she is allowed back in soon.

marv2
08-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks for posting Marv. We do get the Jimmy Fallon show here in the UK so i have already seen it but it is well worth seeing again. Let us hope she is finally back on track. This woman could be one of the all time greats if she put her mind to it. What a voice.
She was banned from entering the UK a couple of weeks ago due to her past exploits. I hope she is allowed back in soon.

You are welcome

Jerry Oz
08-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Did I miss it, or was "I'm Feeling Good" not featured in the NetFlix documentary about her?

marv2
08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Did I miss it, or was "I'm Feeling Good" not featured in the NetFlix documentary about her?

I saw it on NetFlix, but don't recall this song played.

nysister
08-02-2015, 11:48 PM
If anyone anyone out there doubted her, her talents. This should end it all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRKwiUyI4R0

Ms. Hill Killed it and she definitely directing that Band!!!!

splanky
08-03-2015, 09:58 AM
I've never doubted her talents, just her...sanity for lack of a better word, at times. Her past issues with Wyclef Jean and the music industry itself completely threw her off her game for
quite a while.I'm hoping she's finally got herself together and is ready to go forward.This
looks like a good move especially since as a member of the Fugees her only allusion to
Nina Simone was the line:
I'll be like Nina Simone defecating on your microphone...
Here she celebrates the woman's artistry not her own demons. There's enough mention of that in her bios and I'm sure the film, which I still haven't seen yet...

midnightman
08-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Wow. She KILT it. :o