PDA

View Full Version : Gladys Knight at the Royal Albert Hall

test

Sharpmoves
08-01-2015, 06:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZAu5SL51k

The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me - live at the RAH last month. She was looking and sounding good. A legend, she is!

westgrandboulevard
08-01-2015, 07:22 AM
It's tempting to think that Gladys has 'been lucky' in retaining her voice and appearance...but that must have involved a whole lot of work, constant focus and attention, for her now to be appearing on stage as so 'unchanged', yet also freshly contemporary.

That's a very focused, tough professional performer on that stage and, in singing, is simply doing what comes naturally to her...and also a lady who is possessed of great charm.

Well done Gladys ;)

theboyfromxtown
08-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Wonderful posting. Thank you

Bluebrock
08-01-2015, 02:27 PM
It's tempting to think that Gladys has 'been lucky' in retaining her voice and appearance...but that must have involved a whole lot of work, constant focus and attention, for her now to be appearing on stage as so 'unchanged', yet also freshly contemporary.
I
That's a very focused, tough professional performer on that stage and, in singing, is simply doing what comes naturally to her...and also a lady who is possessed of great charm.

Well done Gladys ;)
I couldn't have put it better myself so i shall not even to try! Perfect response westgrandboulevard, just perfect. Gladys is quite simply the best.

midnightman
08-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Words can't explain how great Gladys Maria Knight is...

PhillyKen
08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Just got my tix to see with The Ojays at Count Basie theatre in Red Bank NJ.Tickets were a bit pricey but we never know how many performances our friends will do.

RobertZ
08-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Superb; thanks!

carlo
08-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Looking and sounding amazing, as always. Also found a video of her singing "License To Kill", haven't heard her sing this one in a while...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Oxkn2mHDo