PDA

View Full Version : The Persuasions - "Man, Oh Man"

test

RobertZ
07-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Rediscovering these wonderful men - what great singing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hus4UUhvfZQ

Soul Sister
07-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Best Accapella group eva!!!
My friend Stan Krause who won awards from producing accapella groups managed, produced, recorded them early on. He also had The Royal Counts, 14 Karat Soul, etc..... whom he mentored and took on tour.

S.S.

smooth
07-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Good Afternoon Soul Sister...

Hope you are well and in good spirits!

Do you remember the record store on Journal Square close to the old PIX theater where Jerry Lawson used to hang out and promote the Persuasions?

I always loved his voice but I couldn't get enough of the sweet tenor of Jayotis Washington.

The bass vocalist [[Hayes) was outstanding!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

RobertZ
07-26-2015, 07:04 AM
Best Accapella group eva!!!
My friend Stan Krause who won awards from producing accapella groups managed, produced, recorded them early on. He also had The Royal Counts, 14 Karat Soul, etc..... whom he mentored and took on tour.

S.S.

Wow - very cool! The Persuasions are extraordinary; they can be listened to as "entertainment", and if you are in the mood you can listen more closely and really absorb the amazing vocal arrangements. The newer albums [["Sing U2", "Knockin' On Dylan's Door") are great as well.

A while back you had commented about the various performing-artist charities - from your experience, which is most effective?
Best, Robert

nysister
07-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Rediscovering these wonderful men - what great singing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hus4UUhvfZQ

RobertZ, I love this song and have the Album, "We came To Play" in rotation on my IPOD. Thanks for posting this!

RobertZ
07-27-2015, 01:04 PM
RobertZ, I love this song and have the Album, "We came To Play" in rotation on my IPOD. Thanks for posting this!

You are most welcome! What's your favorite Persuasions song, and favorite album? I'm just rediscovering this wonderful group and look forward to others' opinions!

nysister
07-27-2015, 01:26 PM
You are most welcome! What's your favorite Persuasions song, and favorite album? I'm just rediscovering this wonderful group and look forward to others' opinions!

It's hard to pick one favorite, but the entire album "We Came To Play is my favorite and it has all of my favorite songs on there...lol!

RobertZ
07-27-2015, 07:20 PM
It's hard to pick one favorite, but the entire album "We Came To Play is my favorite and it has all of my favorite songs on there...lol!

That would do it! Far too many classic Persuasions LPs have not yet been released on CD.