PDA

View Full Version : DR: Not Over You Yet

test

marybrewster
07-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Let me start out with: I LOVED this long. Still do. I think it's one of Diana's strongest from the 90's.

It did well in the UK, but I wonder why it wasn't a smash here in the States? To me, this was Diana's "Believe" a la Cher.

Much like "Take Me Higher" and "I Will Survive", this was another song that was constantly played in the clubs, and always got a favorable response. If I remember correctly, this was released around the same time that Tina's "When the Heartache is Over" was all over the place.

reese
07-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Diana wasn't in the best place when the EVERYDAY IS A NEW DAY album was released, and besides appearances on OPRAH and THE VIEW, I don't think she did a lot of promotion for it, at least not in the US. She was also honored by BET around this time, and she sang NOYY, while the video played behind her.

Also, this was her first album that didn't have a commercial single released from it. They only released a 12-inch of UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN. Other songs from the cd like SUGARFREE and the title track were sent to radio stations, but I don't think NOYY was one of them.

Not to mention that by 1999, Diana had not had a major hit record in the States since 1985. No mater how much promotion you get, it is hard to bounce back from that.