PDA

View Full Version : Brand New "MOTOWN COLLECTION" CD/DVD Set From Star Vista/Time Life

test

Philles/Motown Gary
07-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Star Vista/Time Life has just announced the release of their new "Motown Collection" – a 10-CD + 1 DVD collection of Motown hits as well as videos of Motown artists’ performances from the Ed Sullivan show. [[$149.95)

Also available is the Deluxe version which contains the aforementioned 10 CD’s plus 7 DVDs featuring an extended version of the Motown 25 concert with over 40 classic hit performances. [[$224.90)

Here’s the link:
http://timelife.com/products/motown-collection/?utm_source=20150719_MotownCollection_0_6seg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=July2015EM&utm_content=CTA

Personally, I would love to be excited about this, and I may be wrong, but I have to wonder if the DVD’s on the deluxe set [[above) are merely a repeat of the previously-released Motown 25 Deluxe 6-disc DVD set plus 1 previously-unreleased DVD of additional Motown 25 performances, or if the DVD's are all new previously-unreleased video footage. The prices are pretty steep to risk buying a $225 set containing mostly duplicate video footage.

reese
07-19-2015, 03:18 PM
I doubt the dvds are anything especially created for this collection. The link shows a picture of the MOTOWN 25 dvd set so most likely that is what it is.

daviddesper
07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Who needs this collection if they can't even spell Velvelettes correctly?

lockhartgary
07-19-2015, 06:26 PM
If I did not already have 99% of these songs, I might consider purchasing the collection if I were so inclined. Strangely, there are only 15 songs per cd. If you average each song at 3 minutes, that's only 45 minutes per cd. Seems rather wasteful.

Jimi LaLumia
07-20-2015, 08:04 AM
I went to the site, clicked on 'Contact" and then' suggestions" and sent this message.. feel free to copy, paste and add your name if you're so inclined..
"after the success of MOTOWN 25 youy should be releasing the #1 NBC tv specials from the late 1960's, "TCB" and "GIT On Broadway" which both starred Diana Ross & The Supremes, and The Temptations..that is what people want, it is the most sought after item on the bootleg market for decades.. the new 'rehash' collection of hits is not gonna do it.. give us something we don't have yet!

Motown Eddie
07-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Who needs this collection if they can't even spell Velvelettes correctly?

And that's not all; they have "The Doobie Bros." listed as the artist on 'Take Me In Your Arms [[Rock Me A Little While)' instead of Kim Weston. Also, as someone else pointed out the 45 minutes per CD offered here is very skimpy. Time-Life can do better than this. They should put together a collection of vintage performance clips from the '60s [[and we know that Motown has a lot of clips like this in their vaults).

honest man
07-20-2015, 10:24 AM
I went to the site, clicked on 'Contact" and then' suggestions" and sent this message.. feel free to copy, paste and add your name if you're so inclined..
"after the success of MOTOWN 25 youy should be releasing the #1 NBC tv specials from the late 1960's, "TCB" and "GIT On Broadway" which both starred Diana Ross & The Supremes, and The Temptations..that is what people want, it is the most sought after item on the bootleg market for decades.. the new 'rehash' collection of hits is not gonna do it.. give us something we don't have yet!Cheers Jimi great to see you back,

Philles/Motown Gary
07-20-2015, 03:36 PM
"after the success of MOTOWN 25 youy should be releasing the #1 NBC tv specials from the late 1960's, "TCB" and "GIT On Broadway" which both starred Diana Ross & The Supremes, and The Temptations..that is what people want, it is the most sought after item on the bootleg market for decades.. the new 'rehash' collection of hits is not gonna do it.. give us something we don't have yet!

Thanks, Jimi. It's a done deal! I copied your suggestion, and then revised my way around and throughout it. Let's hope that our request to Star Vista makes a positive impact. - Gary

Motown Eddie
07-20-2015, 06:50 PM

I took your suggestion and sent Time-Life the message too. They should release "TCB", "GIT On Broadway" on DVD instead of yet another collection of Motown hits [[which anyone who loves classic Motown HAS already).