PDA

View Full Version : Labelle - Time Is Life [[Live) 1970

test

marv2
07-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Here's something very rare for you viewing and listening pleasure......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JUKt2SVVlQ

arr&bee
07-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Wow real powerful,i never heard this one before,cool marv cool!!

Bluebrock
07-14-2015, 06:47 AM
Oh Patti what a star you are. Wonderful stuff. Thank you again Marv. You sure know how to dig up these rare gems. Respect to you my friend.

luke
07-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks much! And Nona and Sarah help greatly to create their fantastic harmonies!

imnokid
07-15-2015, 09:04 PM
thanx for sharing!

marv2
07-16-2015, 07:15 AM
You all are welcome. Just imagine, they did this without auto-tuning!

brother_love
07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
I believe this clip is from the PBS show Soul.

luke
07-17-2015, 07:02 PM
They were supposed to tour again this year...don't know what happened.

midnightman
07-21-2015, 09:53 AM
^ Health issues??? I know Nona has solo projects, Patti, I'm not sure what she's up to [[could still be touring), but I'm not sure about Sarah but yeah they were supposed to tour to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Lady Marmalade's pioneering success.

And yes this is from Soul! so the year would've been 1972, not 1970.

motony
07-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes you forget just how GREAT these artists were[[and still are) compared to the phonie crap out today.

Bluebrock
07-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes you forget just how GREAT these artists were[[and still are) compared to the phonie crap out today.

Oh yes indeed!!!!

luke
07-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Outrageous they aren't in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

nysister
07-22-2015, 11:18 PM
You all are welcome. Just imagine, they did this without auto-tuning!

marv2, I thought you would enjoy this special moment with Patti and Tyrese in her kitchen.

http://radio.aazah.com/content/video-week-tyrese-and-patti-labelle-sing-shame-pattis-kitchen#.VbBaJv3bLmR

marv2
07-22-2015, 11:49 PM
marv2, I thought you would enjoy this special moment with Patti and Tyrese in her kitchen.

http://radio.aazah.com/content/video-week-tyrese-and-patti-labelle-sing-shame-pattis-kitchen#.VbBaJv3bLmR

Thank you Sister!

midnightman
07-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Outrageous they aren't in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It's very political in that Hall of Fame. I'm more shocked they're not in the RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME. You think a group so integral to the development of R&B as Patti LaBelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash [[and Cindy Birdsong) were, you think the officials there wouldn't hesitate to induct them and the fact they haven't stuns me. Maybe it's because they're very liberal in the way they presented themselves [[especially in the '70s) and their music? Maybe because they were symbols of the much maligned LGBT community? Maybe because they were too adventurous for either conservative R&B or neo-liberal pop to happen?

But I think they were too avant garde for R&B and too black for rock and roll... they're one of those groups who are a crossover act but didn't get respect from either side of the spectrum [[though Patti LaBelle herself has since become a national R&B treasure as a solo artist).

marv2
07-28-2015, 01:46 PM
It's very political in that Hall of Fame. I'm more shocked they're not in the RHYTHM AND BLUES HALL OF FAME. You think a group so integral to the development of R&B as Patti LaBelle, Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash [[and Cindy Birdsong) were, you think the officials there wouldn't hesitate to induct them and the fact they haven't stuns me. Maybe it's because they're very liberal in the way they presented themselves [[especially in the '70s) and their music? Maybe because they were symbols of the much maligned LGBT community? Maybe because they were too adventurous for either conservative R&B or neo-liberal pop to happen?

But I think they were too avant garde for R&B and too black for rock and roll... they're one of those groups who are a crossover act but didn't get respect from either side of the spectrum [[though Patti LaBelle herself has since become a national R&B treasure as a solo artist).

I believe they have been inducted into the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame.

midnightman
07-28-2015, 03:17 PM
^ They got a Pioneer Award from the R&B Foundation in 1999 but I don't know if they've been inducted to the so-called "official R&B Hall of Fame". I'll search later though.

brother_love
07-28-2015, 09:00 PM
^ Health issues??? I know Nona has solo projects, Patti, I'm not sure what she's up to [[could still be touring), but I'm not sure about Sarah but yeah they were supposed to tour to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Lady Marmalade's pioneering success.

And yes this is from Soul! so the year would've been 1972, not 1970.

I think it was 1971 the same year that their first album [[Labelle) came out. The song "Time" was written by Patti and her then husband Armstead Edwards was included on this album.

luke
07-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Wouldn't it be great if there was a video of the four of them performing at that Pioneer award ?!

midnightman
08-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I think it was 1971 the same year that their first album [[Labelle) came out. The song "Time" was written by Patti and her then husband Armstead Edwards was included on this album.

Ah! OK... I wish they had a site doing a timeline of their history so we can get a date on when they performed this. Didn't Soul! debut in 1972 though? But yeah the song is from their Warner debut.