PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross Has MAJOR B.O.

test

supremester
07-13-2015, 12:25 PM
My bud at The Venetian informed me they are certain they broke a Box Office house record last week with over a million dollars in ticket sales for Miss Ross in a single day. At prices 10-15% higher than last April, The Supreme Supreme is selling faster than last spring.
For those unable to get good seats for fast moving dates in Sept at BergenPac, Caesars Windsor, Foxwoods her 6th visit in 8 years to Boston area and other cities, I have good news as of this morning - and I quote:

Due to overwhelming demand, Diana Ross returns with her In The Name of Love Tour to the Mann September 20th.

In a remarkable career spanning almost five decades, Diana Ross has proven herself one of the most iconic female singers of all time as well as one of the most prominent women in popular music history.
As lead singer of The Supremes, in the 60s, Diana Ross helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paved the way for contemporary music. Her love of life, never-ending wonder, the appreciation of goals and achievements and sheer human spirit define the artist that is Diana Ross and continue to make her one of the most identifiable, unique, beloved and influential singers of successive pop generations.
Career milestones include induction into The Songwriters Hall of Fame, National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences [[Grammys) Lifetime Achievement Award, NAACP Entertainer Award, Billboard’s Female Entertainer of the Century Award, The Soul Train Legend Award and International Lifetime Achievement at the World Music Awards.

danman869
07-13-2015, 01:23 PM
See? That's what happens when you stop using Arrid Extra Dry--onstage or off: MAJOR B.O.

theboyfromxtown
07-13-2015, 01:39 PM
See? That's what happens when you stop using Arrid Extra Dry--onstage or off: MAJOR B.O.

Never leave home without your MUM

lolol

jobeterob
07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
I thought Marv had been saying this for years?!!

theboyfromxtown
07-13-2015, 02:24 PM
I wonder if Ross or Tracee are planning on getting married real soon!

RobertZ
07-13-2015, 04:21 PM
My bud at The Venetian informed me they are certain they broke a Box Office house record last week with over a million dollars in ticket sales for Miss Ross in a single day. At prices 10-15% higher than last April, The Supreme Supreme is selling faster than last spring.
For those unable to get good seats for fast moving dates in Sept at BergenPac, Caesars Windsor, Foxwoods her 6th visit in 8 years to Boston area and other cities, I have good news as of this morning - and I quote:

Due to overwhelming demand, Diana Ross returns with her In The Name of Love Tour to the Mann September 20th.

In a remarkable career spanning almost five decades, Diana Ross has proven herself one of the most iconic female singers of all time as well as one of the most prominent women in popular music history.
As lead singer of The Supremes, in the 60s, Diana Ross helped shape the sound of popular music, changing the landscape and paved the way for contemporary music. Her love of life, never-ending wonder, the appreciation of goals and achievements and sheer human spirit define the artist that is Diana Ross and continue to make her one of the most identifiable, unique, beloved and influential singers of successive pop generations.
Career milestones include induction into The Songwriters Hall of Fame, National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences [[Grammys) Lifetime Achievement Award, NAACP Entertainer Award, Billboard’s Female Entertainer of the Century Award, The Soul Train Legend Award and International Lifetime Achievement at the World Music Awards.

Great news; thanks! BTW, I checked the BergenPac site and the only mention of Diana Ross is in an old ad for the Mary show that had to be cancelled due to low ticket sales. I think you meant NJPAC in Newark - just in case people are looking for tix. If I'm wrong please correct me!

jobeterob
07-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Diana still has to sell Mary tix?

milven
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Great news; thanks! BTW, I checked the BergenPac site and the only mention of Diana Ross is in an old ad for the Mary show that had to be cancelled due to low ticket sales. I think you meant NJPAC in Newark - just in case people are looking for tix. If I'm wrong please correct me!

You are correct. She will be at NJPAC in September. Diana was at Bergen Pac a few years ago and performed to a sellout crowd. I live in NJ and sometimes get Bergen Pac and NJPAC confused, so it is an honest error

supremester
07-13-2015, 08:28 PM
I did think they were the same. I think Miss Ross was at NJPAC in 2013 cuz I went and the building looks familiar. Am I correct?

milven
07-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I did think they were the same. I think Miss Ross was at NJPAC in 2013 cuz I went and the building looks familiar. Am I correct?

I think just the names are similar. Diana was at NJ PAC in 2013 in Newark. I saw her there the night that she brought Gloria Gaynor out. NJ PAC is a big, fairly new complex.

Diana was also at the Bergen Pac in Englewood about four years ago. Bergen Pac is a large old movie theatre built in the '20's. It big, but not big like Radio City. She sold out both venues.

As I said, I live here and I get confused sometimes with the similar names

vgalindo
07-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Just amazes me how Diana Ross is still in so demand for her live performances. Everybody still loves her so much.

Bokiluis
07-13-2015, 11:48 PM
She said a long time ago and continues to say it and live it, "they're probably are going to have to pull me off the stage". Clearly, she wasn't kidding.

David J
07-14-2015, 12:56 PM
Just amazes me how Diana Ross is still in so demand for her live performances. Everybody still loves her so much.

I say good for her, she truly deserves it and she might as well enjoy it while she's still in demand and can still meet with that demand and continue to give amazing vocal performance and stage presence she has.
As much as I love seeing how great Diana is doing with her U.S tour, [[I can't afford to come to the U.S to see her), so I am still anxiously waiting/ wondering when she's going to tour Europe again? especially the UK, it's been way too way since she last performed in the UK, [[I think the last time she performed here in the UK was in 2007), way too long. SIGH!!!!:[[

I am sooooooooooo jealous of the American fans, I feel almost resentful. Sigh!!!!:[[

762rob
07-14-2015, 02:27 PM
I wish she would still record, her last album was wonderful. Aretha just had her highest initial charting album at 72 years old - Diana could too.
I saw her in Nashville a couple of years ago -such a pro and truly one of the greats.

soulster
07-14-2015, 05:47 PM
It's pitiful that you Ross fans have to resort to clickbait to get people to read your obsessive posts.

jobeterob
07-14-2015, 05:57 PM
It's a shame that you Ross fans have to resort to clickbait to get people to read your obsessive posts.

We just shoot it the way we see it. You just don't like it which is fair. And many others don't like some of what else is shot on here. So, as they say, what goes around comes around.

I will concede I would hope none of the Ross/Wilson/Laurence/Payne relatives ever drop in here but many of them are used to the bullshit and Wilson has asked that she be left out of the cheap Diane shots and it seems to make no difference.

soulster
07-14-2015, 06:40 PM
We just shoot it the way we see it. You just don't like it which is fair. And many others don't like some of what else is shot on here. So, as they say, what goes around comes around.

You don't get my point. Fine: you have a thread about Ross. But, don't make up a phony, titillating thread topic to MAKE people click on it. I personally don't care how bad Ross stinks, or what her bathing habits are, but a thread title like that will eventually lead to no good around here.

supremester
07-14-2015, 07:39 PM
The only discordant comment has been yours. I was just using a corny pun, not holding peeps at gun point to read it and what is the harm? if folks click on, yawn and click off, no harm done. I'm sorry that you are so bothered that it compelled you to spend time to lodge your complaint, but I would do it again as I do not see the harm. I think you must care about Eau D' Ross, or you woodna clicked on. I find it even more interesting as you have had your share of detractors concerning sound quality and other topics - I would think you'd be a bit less Sidney Sawyer about the whole thing. I hope you have a better day.

PS Miss Ross smells just fine - evidently it's ME who stinks ; )

jobeterob
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
I do agree that B.O. generated quite a few "clicks" and even the slightest slip can cause poopoo to hit the fanfan.

But in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal.

And I will always believe that ~ those that stir the poopoo and act like little twatettes, generally get what they had coming.............and that is they get poopoo's all over them.

milven
07-14-2015, 08:59 PM
… don't make up a phony, titillating thread topic to MAKE people click on it.
Supremester should write headlines. A headline will entice someone to open the paper, or in this case, read the thread. But only YOU can MAKE you read the thread.

… I personally don't care how bad Ross stinks, or what her bathing habits are,...
And yet, YOU made yourself open and read the thread, which means you must be at least slightly curious to know if Ross stinks or what her bathing habits are.

It’s a compliment to Supremester’s Headline writing skills.
President Ford never told NYC to drop dead. But that is what the headline said, and it caused many people to buy the paper and read the story. It served its purpose.

I think Supremester's headline was extremely clever.

milven
07-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Supremester, did you write any of these? :D

http://www.classicheadlines.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HeadlessBodyToplessBar.jpg

http://chexydecimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/post-headline.jpg

http://peasantswithpitchforks.com/point/images/nypost_cover.gif

DianaLove
07-14-2015, 09:27 PM
HAHA. This is great news! Funny headline. Anyone who has seen her live KNOWS that she smells like royalty! Does anyone know what she wears?

jobeterob
07-14-2015, 10:08 PM
I didn't know Bill was well hung either

supremester
07-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Monica Lewinksi is from Portland and, according to sources, he's home of the whopper - and not Jewish ; )

LuvHangOva
07-15-2015, 12:11 PM
It's pitiful that you Ross fans have to resort to clickbait to get people to read your obsessive posts.

Hmmm. Buh bye. [[click.... dial tone) NEXT ?!?!

RobertZ
07-15-2015, 12:29 PM
You are correct. She will be at NJPAC in September. Diana was at Bergen Pac a few years ago and performed to a sellout crowd. I live in NJ and sometimes get Bergen Pac and NJPAC confused, so it is an honest error

I thought so - I was just HOPING for 2 NJ shows!

RobertZ
07-15-2015, 12:31 PM
You don't get my point. Fine: you have a thread about Ross. But, don't make up a phony, titillating thread topic to MAKE people click on it. I personally don't care how bad Ross stinks, or what her bathing habits are, but a thread title like that will eventually lead to no good around here.
It was really just a play on words. As an avowed Ross-a-holic I thought it was cute. For me it's not the headlines here, per say, that makes me click, it's the 1) subject, and 2) poster.

RobertZ
07-15-2015, 12:32 PM
I do agree that B.O. generated quite a few "clicks" and even the slightest slip can cause poopoo to hit the fanfan.

But in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal.

And I will always believe that ~ those that stir the poopoo and act like little twatettes, generally get what they had coming.............and that is they get poopoo's all over them.

"Twatettes" - who did they sing background for? I LOVED their cover version of "Too Many Fish In The Sea".

jobeterob
07-15-2015, 01:07 PM
I'll go looking!

milven
07-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Well, keeping with the deceptive, but very clever ;):D headline of this topic, perhaps Diana should re-apply her Arrid Extra Dry Deodorant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0PrQyA8HU

supremester
07-17-2015, 11:20 AM
My all time fave TV commercial........still love it.

jobeterob
07-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Armpits everywhere! Been a long time since I saw that!