PDA

View Full Version : 4 Star Guardian Review for Martha, Lois and Delphine!

test

Sharpmoves
07-13-2015, 09:41 AM
;)
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/13/martha-reeves-and-the-vandellas-review-still-hitting-a-high-note

"There are cheers as Miss Reeves, now 73 and still regularly touring, hits the first high note, and she is visibly moved when the crowd chant: “Martha! Martha!”

What a great review, and how wonderful to know these great ladies are so well loved here in the UK. Just wait till Roberta reads this!

westgrandboulevard
07-13-2015, 09:46 AM
It won't tell Roberta anything she doesn't already know, and full well.....;)

RobertZ
07-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Great article; thanks for posting. Nice way to start the week!

Bluebrock
07-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Good for Martha! She was on good form here. I was ever so slightly worried about attending having been less than impressed by her previous tour but I am happy to be say that appeared to be a one off, and she is back on form. She was enthusiastic, professional and visibly moved by the crowd reaction. Much respect due to this great legend. Over to you Roberta..........

Roberta75
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you dear sharpmoves for this glorious review of the First Lady of Motown records Dr Martha Reeves. Ive always known shes the GREATEST singer ever to come out of Motown record and shes live the energizer bunny she just keep going going going. Theres nobody can touch her and how lovely that the UK love her more than any other Motown performer. My biggest wish is a 3 week gig at the Catalina jazz club or Hollywood Bowl in LA. Miss Martha could sell out both. God bless the First Lady of Motown records Dr Martha Reeves.

A a very happy smiling fan.

Roberta