PDA

View Full Version : Dionne Warwick & Tom Jones - A Tribute to Diana Ross

test

jobeterob
07-06-2015, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTatMWZs8XI

captainjames
07-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Dionne along with Diana is my weakness.....Women with class.

jobeterob
07-07-2015, 01:43 AM
Tom did quite a good Lionel Job.

Dionne was also pretty good but it reminds you how good Diana's songs are and why the remakes never match what she does.

Bluebrock
07-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Dionne and Tom were both excellent vocalists when this was performed. Tom did some mighty fine duets on his TV show. This is just one of several goodies.

westgrandboulevard
07-07-2015, 07:27 AM
I seem to recall that Diana Ross & The Supremes were once due to appear on UK TV with Tom, and Diana was reported to be singing a duet with him....but the show was never transmitted? Cameramen were on strike?

Bluebrock
07-07-2015, 07:35 AM
I seem to recall that Diana Ross & The Supremes were once due to appear on UK TV with Tom, and Diana was reported to be singing a duet with him....but the show was never transmitted? Cameramen were on strike?
Yes. I cannot remember the exact circumstances but for whatever reason it failed to happen. Not sure if this was around the time Tom and Mary were having their little fling. Maybe that was another reason?

westgrandboulevard
07-07-2015, 08:05 AM
They were here in the UK early in 1968 [[January?) for the 'Talk Of The Town' shows in London, followed by a European tour, and then back to London for the Royal Variety Performance in November.

The TV show [[Eamonn Andrews?? - with Tom and Supremes as guests) would then seem likely to have been scheduled in early or late 1968. Mary would have been with Tom [[sometimes only a short distance from my home) when taking a break from work.

I will have to get out the box of cuttings, when I find a minute!

Bluebrock
07-07-2015, 09:32 AM
They were here in the UK early in 1968 [[January?) for the 'Talk Of The Town' shows in London, followed by a European tour, and then back to London for the Royal Variety Performance in November.

The TV show [[Eamonn Andrews?? - with Tom and Supremes as guests) would then seem likely to have been scheduled in early or late 1968. Mary would have been with Tom [[sometimes only a short distance from my home) when taking a break from work.

I will have to get out the box of cuttings, when I find a minute!
please do!!!