PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who continue to defend Bill Cosby: Cosby's court testimony jusreleased

test

soulster
07-06-2015, 08:20 PM
This is why Cosby has been trying to fight the release of these court documents. It contains his admission of intent. It certainly doesn't help his defense, as he is being sued.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill-cosby-said-he-gave-sedative-women-document-n387671 [[http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill-cosby-said-he-gave-sedative-women-document-n387671)

Bill Cosby Admitted to Drugging Women in 2005 Deposition 1:20

Bill Cosby said in a 2005 legal deposition that he obtained prescriptions of a powerful sedative to give to women he wanted to have sex with, according to documents released Monday in a Pennsylvania court.

The comedian's testimony was part of a civil suit involving a woman who accused him of drugging her and sexually assaulting her. At one point, Cosby was asked by the woman's attorney about his use of prescriptions for the pills, known as Quaaludes.

"When you got the Quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these Quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes," Cosby said, according to the document, which was released after a request by The Associated Press.

Cosby also recalled an encounter in the 1970s in Las Vegas with a woman whose name was redacted in the document. "She meets me back stage. I give her Quaaludes. We then have sex."

Cosby, now 77, would've been 38 or 39 on the date of the incident.
The actor was not charged in connection with these claims and the case was dismissed in 2006. His lawyers had fought the documents' release [[http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-lawyer-unsealing-court-docs-terribly-embarrassing-n382956), saying it would be "terribly embarrassing."

Calls to Cosby's Philadelphia-based attorney by NBC News were not immediately returned.
More than a dozen women have since accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them. Cosby, who has never been charged, denies the allegations, and is trying to get several court cases thrown out.

blackguy69
07-06-2015, 08:44 PM
I read this story earlier, but I also read that the ladies knew what they were taking. I never once said he didn't have sex with all of these women, but to prove rape is a whole different battle.

Roberta75
07-06-2015, 09:27 PM
This dont belong in the Motown section this belong in the clubhouse section.

supremester
07-06-2015, 09:27 PM
The story clearly says that Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking. So now, it's going to be that they were asking for it by taking overdoses of Benedryl and or Ludes on purpose? Over two dozen women ALL knew what they were doing and now just decided to claim Celebrity F*ck Amnesia? That he just happened to buy Ludes "for the purpose of having sex with women" and I guess tell them, "You are gonna get so high, you'll prolly pass out and will miss all the fun, but take these anywy????" I admit it's been 43 years since I last conibulated with a female, but none of the times I did required coercion - especially THAT kind. Bill Cosby is a creepy poopie face!!!!!

thanxal
07-06-2015, 09:37 PM
a creepy poopie face!!!!!
Dear Supremester. I'm not gonna comment on the rest, but at least this... yep...made me go laugh.

blackguy69
07-06-2015, 09:39 PM
http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAcDJrB?a=1&m=EN-US

This was the version I read.

sansradio
07-06-2015, 09:48 PM

Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown, so he technically is Motown family. Although who'd want to claim him now is anyone's guess. I need to take a long, hot shower after reading this.

jobeterob
07-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Well Bill certainly knew how to "slut it up".

Roberta75
07-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown, so he technically is Motown family. Although who'd want to claim him now is anyone's guess. I need to take a long, hot shower after reading this.

hes a horrible man imo sansradio and hes guilty guilty guilty imo. It make me sick to read what he has done.

soulster
07-06-2015, 10:58 PM
I read this story earlier, but I also read that the ladies knew what they were taking. I never once said he didn't have sex with all of these women, but to prove rape is a whole different battle.

I don't know what you read, because, according to court documents, the woman testified that Cosby gave her pills, and she did not know what they were. She said that Cosby gave her antihistamines and three little blue pills. He said they were "her friends". The woman did not know they were Quaaludes. If she really did know, she did not give sexual consent with Cosby. As for Cosby, he answered "yes" twice to the questions of if he gave the woman Quaaludes with the intent of having sex with them. But, when asked several times if he told women what they were talking, and what his intent was, he refused to answer. That is enough to convince me that he did exactly what he has been accused of by all those women for all of those years. Bottom line, the man is a rapist.

soulster
07-06-2015, 11:00 PM

Cosby was on the Motown label in the 80s.

soulster
07-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Well, Roberta, he did release his Himself LP on Motown,
See, now if he had released himself on a Motown record, he wouldn't be having these problems. I know, that's sick! :)

Roberta75
07-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Cosby was on the Motown label in the 80s.

This still belong in the clubhouse imo.

jobeterob
07-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Probably does but the Forum that gets read is the Motown Forum; that's where all the viewers are...........or the most of them.

I don't know if Mr. Cosby would be found criminally guilty; there is a higher onus there and I don't know the facts or the evidence and we sure don't find it in blogs and articles.

But he was an icon in his various communities and he was successful beyond belief. In that situation, his behaviour had to be impeccable and he fell far short of any reasonable standard.

He has himself to blame for his trashy behaviour.

midnightman
07-07-2015, 03:09 AM
Bill Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking, but they themselves DIDN'T know, according to their testimony.

He's a monster.

thomas96
07-07-2015, 03:42 AM
Don't care one bit. Don't know the guy, never met him, have no association with him whatsoever. Don't know what happened, and am not willing to assume he's guilty of rape based on anything that's been circulating in the media recently. I enjoy his comedic talents and if he can get a venue to allow him to perform near me, I'd go see the show. Still watch the Cosby Show and movies like Uptown Saturday Night, A Piece of the Action, even the Bill Cosby Show and his various stand-up specials or appearances on tv or guest hosting of the Tonight Show, etc. and always will. His personal life, and these women's personal lives aren't my business. I certainly don't wish for a serial rapist to get away with those crimes, but there's nothing I can do about it. Or anybody at this point. And that's if he even is guilty, which still is a mystery. Anybody here who disagrees with continuing to enjoy his comedic talents, fine that's your opinion and your stance and you can choose not to watch him any more if you want. But be consistent. Don't watch any other movie or tv show that had criminals associated with it. Don't listen to any songs Lawrence Horn or Phil Spector had anything to do with. Don't watch sports that have criminals playing them.

RobertZ
07-07-2015, 07:15 AM
Though a Cosby fan for decades, I can no longer tolerate the sight of him. For me it makes matters worse that I bought into his wiser-than-thou/holier-than-thou persona while he was involved in these activities. Instead of criticizing wardrobe choices of young men, Cosby should have spent some of his millions on personal-psychiatric-religious counseling to keep his behaviors in check.

The way I see it, I don’t need to know the church shooter to know he is a murderous beast; I don’t need to know members of the South Carolina state senate to know they are doing the correct thing in voting to take down the confederate flag; I don’t need to know President Obama personally to know he is an intelligent and thoughtful president, and I don’t need to know Cosby personally to be repulsed by his hypocrisy and criminal behavior.

soulster
07-07-2015, 07:24 AM
Bill Cosby's lawyers said the women knew what they were taking, but they themselves DIDN'T know, according to their testimony.

He's a monster.

Of course his lawyers are going to say that to the media. But, when Cosby was asked in court if they women knew what they were taking, he was advised not to answer the question. Hmmmm...I wonder why....

soulster
07-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Though a Cosby fan for decades, I can no longer tolerate the sight of him. For me it makes matters worse that I bought into his wiser-than-thou/holier-than-thou persona while he was involved in these activities. Instead of criticizing wardrobe choices of young men, Cosby should have spent some of his millions on personal-psychiatric-religious counseling to keep his behaviors in check.

Psychiatric religious counseling? Like the kind Josh Dugger went to after he sexually molested [[probably raped, too) is own sisters? Yeah, right! Don't even bring religion into this! Religious people are as fucked-up as Cosby is. Cosby should be behind bars!

Eddie Murphy has to be laughing right now. Cosby once phoned him to tell him to clean up his act. Cosby, to the delight of the people at Faux news, publicly berated young Black men for the very type of thing he has been doing all of his career!

soulster
07-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Don't care one bit. Don't know the guy, never met him, have no association with him whatsoever. Don't know what happened, and am not willing to assume he's guilty of rape based on anything that's been circulating in the media recently. I enjoy his comedic talents and if he can get a venue to allow him to perform near me, I'd go see the show. Still watch the Cosby Show and movies like Uptown Saturday Night, A Piece of the Action, even the Bill Cosby Show and his various stand-up specials or appearances on tv or guest hosting of the Tonight Show, etc. and always will. His personal life, and these women's personal lives aren't my business. I certainly don't wish for a serial rapist to get away with those crimes, but there's nothing I can do about it. Or anybody at this point. And that's if he even is guilty, which still is a mystery. Anybody here who disagrees with continuing to enjoy his comedic talents, fine that's your opinion and your stance and you can choose not to watch him any more if you want. But be consistent. Don't watch any other movie or tv show that had criminals associated with it. Don't listen to any songs Lawrence Horn or Phil Spector had anything to do with. Don't watch sports that have criminals playing them.

If I recall, you denied Cosby did anything wrong several months ago. You're taking this pretty hard, aren't you? No one who liked Cosby's work is enjoying this. I just deleted all of my Cosby comedy albums.

sansradio
07-07-2015, 08:20 AM
hes a horrible man imo sansradio and hes guilty guilty guilty imo. It make me sick to read what he has done.

No arguments from me there, Roberta. Skeevy to the nth degree.

RobertZ
07-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Psychiatric religious counseling? Like the kind Josh Dugger went to after he sexually molested [[probably raped, too) is own sisters? Yeah, right! Don't even bring religion into this! Religious people are as fucked-up as Cosby is. Cosby should be behind bars!

Eddie Murphy has to be laughing right now. Cosby once phoned him to tell him to clean up his act. Cosby, to the delight of the people at Faux news, publicly berated young Black men for the very type of thing he has been doing all of his career!

Weelll - what I was meaning to say is that Cosby, with his fortune and contacts, could have sought out ANY sort of counseling he could find to help cease the behavior. I did not mean to recommend any particular sort of counseling. Re: Murphy/Faux, that's just what I was agreeing with re: my "wardrobe choices" comment.

blackguy69
07-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Probably does but the Forum that gets read is the Motown Forum; that's where all the viewers are...........or the most of them.

I don't know if Mr. Cosby would be found criminally guilty; there is a higher onus there and I don't know the facts or the evidence and we sure don't find it in blogs and articles.

But he was an icon in his various communities and he was successful beyond belief. In that situation, his behaviour had to be impeccable and he fell far short of any reasonable standard.

He has himself to blame for his trashy behaviour.
criminally, he won't be charged. Statue of limitations kicks in. Depending on how this information is used against him, don't be surprised if a settlement comes up.

soulster
07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Weelll - what I was meaning to say is that Cosby, with his fortune and contacts, could have sought out ANY sort of counseling he could find to help cease the behavior. I did not mean to recommend any particular sort of counseling. Re: Murphy/Faux, that's just what I was agreeing with re: my "wardrobe choices" comment.

Well, you did mention religion. Josh Duggar went to counseling and then did it again!

Why is a wealthy person going to seek help for something he apparently feels no guilt about? It was working for him, so why stop? If you found a way to have your way with young, vulnerable...drugged-up women, and got away with it for decades, you wouldn't stop either.

Cosby made his mistake by deciding to be a hypocrite and get on a soapbox and moralize. That's exactly the reason the judge decided to release the transcripts.

midnightman
07-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Of course his lawyers are going to say that to the media. But, when Cosby was asked in court if they women knew what they were taking, he was advised not to answer the question. Hmmmm...I wonder why....

Yep! And it was telling that his current lawyers tried to keep them hidden because, "it would embarrass their client". That's shit you don't say about someone innocent!!!

midnightman
07-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Well, you did mention religion. Josh Duggar went to counseling and then did it again!

Why is a wealthy person going to seek help for something he apparently feels no guilt about? It was working for him, so why stop? If you found a way to have your way with young, vulnerable...drugged-up women, and got away with it for decades, you wouldn't stop either.

Cosby made his mistake by deciding to be a hypocrite and get on a soapbox and moralize. That's exactly the reason the judge decided to release the transcripts.

Funny thing is Cosby definitely was trying to come off as someone with morals, the judge said Cosby had positioned himself over the years as a "moralist" and he was so disgusted with Cosby and his lawyers that he said "eff it, I'm releasing this, people have GOT to know what type of monster he really is".

The fact that he admitted using drugs on women makes him guilty by default!

kenneth
07-07-2015, 10:23 AM

He's a monster.

It simply doesn't make sense that they would knowingly take Quaaludes. Quaaludes are a prescription only sleeping pill and they do what they're supposed to do - knock people out. So why would anyone knowingly take one if they wanted to enjoy having sex with someone?

I can't even look at the guy's face anymore. The creep factor is just everywhere. Ugh.

jobeterob
07-07-2015, 10:57 AM
It simply doesn't make sense that they would knowingly take Quaaludes. Quaaludes are a prescription only sleeping pill and they do what they're supposed to do - knock people out. So why would anyone knowingly take one if they wanted to enjoy having sex with someone?

I can't even look at the guy's face anymore. The creep factor is just everywhere. Ugh.

Cosby also liked having sex with rubber dolls.

This would come as no surprise.

At least there isn't a consent issue if he'd have stuck to the dolls.

RobertZ
07-07-2015, 11:09 AM
This from today's "Billboard":
"Bill Cospy Deposition Changes Jill Scott's Mind: "I was wrong".
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6620198/bill-cosby-deposition-jill-scott-twitter

arr&bee
07-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Does this mean that there're gonna take the cosby show off again???

soulster
07-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Funny thing is Cosby definitely was trying to come off as someone with morals, the judge said Cosby had positioned himself over the years as a "moralist" and he was so disgusted with Cosby and his lawyers that he said "eff it, I'm releasing this, people have GOT to know what type of monster he really is".

The fact that he admitted using drugs on women makes him guilty by default!

Yeah. The only thing he'll have to do is shell out some more money. Like so many other common rapists, he'll never see the inside of a prison cell.

It is clear now that Cosby cultivated his squeaky-clean image in the attempt to counteract the reaction to the charges if they ever came to light. I never bought into his squeaky clean image. I never even liked the Cosby Show. Only Mr. Rogers and Casey Kasem were beyond reproach.

I get it: Cosby has needs, but he could have simply hired prostitutes. And, it's not like his WIFE didn't know, unless she's really stupid!

RobertZ
07-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Yeah. The only thing he'll have to do is shell out some more money. Like so many other common rapists, he'll never see the inside of a prison cell.

It is clear now that Cosby cultivated his squeaky-clean image in the attempt to counteract the reaction to the charges if they ever came to light. I never bought into his squeaky clean image. I never even liked the Cosby Show. Only Mr. Rogers and Casey Kasem were beyond reproach.

I get it: Cosby has needs, but he could have simply hired prostitutes. And, it's not like his WIFE didn't know, unless she's really stupid!
I had the same thought about prostitution, but most likely it was the "victimhood" of his victims that he was after. And I do wonder about the wife as well as friends, etc - meaning, how many people knew for how many years and said/did nothing [[like the Jerry Sandusky crimes).

Roberta75
07-07-2015, 02:35 PM

They need to take it off forever imo.

thomas96
07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
If I recall, you denied Cosby did anything wrong several months ago. You're taking this pretty hard, aren't you? No one who liked Cosby's work is enjoying this. I just deleted all of my Cosby comedy albums.

I never "denied he did anything wrong." I accepted that we don't know what happened, and never will. He may have raped them, he may not have. I just didn't blindly accept that he raped them all like you all have. Doesn't mean that I said he was innocent. Just that it's a possibility--which it still is. And this testimony doesn't change anything at all. If you think I'm taking this pretty hard then you must not have read anything in my post that you replied to.

thomas96
07-07-2015, 04:24 PM
They need to take it off forever imo.

Then take everything off, because there are rapists and murderers acting in thousands of television programs or films. Even if he is guilty, it wouldn't be fair to all the other actors and actresses and people associated with the show.

And may I ask you a question Roberta? Do you still listen to Martha & the Vandellas recordings? I'd appreciate a response.

soulster
07-07-2015, 05:19 PM
I never "denied he did anything wrong." I accepted that we don't know what happened, and never will. He may have raped them, he may not have. I just didn't blindly accept that he raped them all like you all have. Doesn't mean that I said he was innocent. Just that it's a possibility--which it still is. And this testimony doesn't change anything at all. If you think I'm taking this pretty hard then you must not have read anything in my post that you replied to.

Dude, sometimes you have to connect the dots. Mr. Cosby just said it self in the deposition after at least a dozen women claimed the same thing. That's all the proof most people need. Did we get proof that OJ killed? No, but his actions before, and after the trial says he did. That wasn't a rush to judgement, that was based on cognitive knowledge of the behavior of guilty criminals and the facts we do know. This was based on the knowledge of how predatory rapists and narcissists behave, especially those with privilege.

marv2
07-07-2015, 05:30 PM
All I know is that all of those women knew that he was married and went somewhere to visit with him alone at least for part of an evening or meeting. They all also waited many years before deciding to try to action. They did not go directly to the authorities 10, 20, 30 and even 40 years ago! I am not upholding Bill Cosby if he did wrong because all of us have or are capable of doing wrong. What I question is why all of a sudden now? That is also not to say I believe each of those women.

jobeterob
07-07-2015, 09:36 PM
All I know is that all of those women knew that he was married and went somewhere to visit with him alone at least for part of an evening or meeting. They all also waited many years before deciding to try to action. They did not go directly to the authorities 10, 20, 30 and even 40 years ago! I am not upholding Bill Cosby if he did wrong because all of us have or are capable of doing wrong. What I question is why all of a sudden now? That is also not to say I believe each of those women.

Greed, attention, notoriety; plus probably at the time, many of them wanted to "date" "be in the presence of" or "potentially have sex with" or "get married to" superstar money!

He should have known a lot better than he did.

arr&bee
07-07-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm kinda sick of the whole thing..free bill cosby.

soulster
07-08-2015, 03:29 AM

And none of it...NONE OF IT...age any man the permission to have sex with them. I don't care if those women got naked in front of him sober, that is not consent for sexual contact. And, he drugged them first. He admitted that that was his MO. If they took the pills knowingly, that did not give Cosby permission to take advantage of them. Case closed! He's a RAPIST. It doesn't matter if these women were alone with him. All you seem to be doing is blaming the victim.

When the hell are we, as a society going to get it in our heads that sexual contact without permission is NOT O.K.. It is a FELONY! Period! If one of those women Cosby stuck his dick into was your sister or daughter, I guarantee you wouldn't be thinking of how they knew he was married and all that other bullshit.

RobertZ
07-08-2015, 05:45 AM
And none of it...NONE OF IT...age any man the permission to have sex with them. I don't care if those women got naked in front of him sober, that is not consent for sexual contact. And, he drugged them first. He admitted that that was his MO. If they took the pills knowingly, that did not give Cosby permission to take advantage of them. Case closed! He's a RAPIST. It doesn't matter if these women were alone with him. All you seem to be doing is blaming the victim.

When the hell are we, as a society going to get it in our heads that sexual contact without permission is NOT O.K.. It is a FELONY! Period! If one of those women Cosby stuck his dick into was your sister or daughter, I guarantee you wouldn't be thinking of how they knew he was married and all that other bullshit.
Perfectly stated.

milven
07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
People like Al Capone, Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson have functioned for years thinking that they were omnipotent.

They couldn't get Al Capone for murder, but they got him for tax evasion and jailed him.

OJ Simpson supposedly got away with murder, thought he was omnipotent and did foolish things and now he is in jail - although not for murder.

And now the released SWORN deposition that was just released where Cosby admitted that he used sedatives for sex with women can be used against him, not for rape - but for perjury

Now, the prosecutor who chose not to press criminal charges in 2005, says Cosby has potentially opened himself up to perjury charges in statements made in the deposition, which carry a sentence of up to seven years. Anything he said in there that is a lie, could be used in a perjury prosecution.

Also, there is an effort underway to get the entirety of the deposition unsealed and victims lawyers say that this could lead to new civil suits against him.

And even if it doesn't lead to a civil suit, I'm betting that Cosby will eventually be in an orange suit when he is found guilty for perjury.

The prosecutor, who chose not to press charges in 2005, is currently running for re-election.

nosey
07-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I used to have so much respect for that man but hes a predator whose demon driven . He deserves whatever he has coming to him.

milven
07-08-2015, 11:04 AM

jboy88
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Everything I have to say is in this article I wrote.

http://sharbates.com/bill-cosby-allegations-a-comedians-perspective/

Roberta75
07-08-2015, 11:52 AM
I used to have so much respect for that man but hes a predator whose demon driven . He deserves whatever he has coming to him.

Me too Nosey. he make me sick to my stomach. Disney took down his statue yesterday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/disney-world-florida-confirms-removal-bill-cosby-statue-n388506

Hope you are feeling good dear nosey.

Fondly,

Roberta

soulster
07-08-2015, 12:24 PM

http://sharbates.com/bill-cosby-allegations-a-comedians-perspective/ Excellent, sir!

Roberta75
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM

http://sharbates.com/bill-cosby-allegations-a-comedians-perspective/

Real fair and well written article jboys88.

Fondly,

Roberta

thomas96
07-08-2015, 01:09 PM

Were you in the room when this happened? Nothing has indicated that any sex that may have happened wasn't consensual, except for the women's accusations. That's not evidence.

thomas96
07-08-2015, 01:11 PM
People like Al Capone, Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson have functioned for years thinking that they were omnipotent.

They couldn't get Al Capone for murder, but they got him for tax evasion and jailed him.

OJ Simpson supposedly got away with murder, thought he was omnipotent and did foolish things and now he is in jail - although not for murder.

And now the released SWORN deposition that was just released where Cosby admitted that he used sedatives for sex with women can be used against him, not for rape - but for perjury

Now, the prosecutor who chose not to press criminal charges in 2005, says Cosby has potentially opened himself up to perjury charges in statements made in the deposition, which carry a sentence of up to seven years. Anything he said in there that is a lie, could be used in a perjury prosecution.

Also, there is an effort underway to get the entirety of the deposition unsealed and victims lawyers say that this could lead to new civil suits against him.

And even if it doesn't lead to a civil suit, I'm betting that Cosby will eventually be in an orange suit when he is found guilty for perjury.

The prosecutor, who chose not to press charges in 2005, is currently running for re-election.

Well you'd be betting wrong because there's no case there.

soulster
07-08-2015, 01:27 PM
They are looking for a way to nail Cosby, and this looks like a possibility. Let's let this play out before we start deciding that there is no case.

It is becoming crystal clear that Cosby is absolutely guilty as charged by his accusers, and others who say they were responsible for getting procuring women for him. Also, the question that comes to my mind is how many of the females were underage, and if he assaulted them, too. One accuser was supposed to have been something like 15 at the time he allegedly drugged and assaulted her. Is there a statue of limitation for that?

What will happen if the entire deposition is made public? What else do we no yet know? I have a feeling that this is only the tip of the iceberg. And, when will this get racial by the media pundits?

arr&bee
07-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Ok,then since we're on a persecution roll then how about tearing down that monument to the biggest rapist in american history....i don't have to say his name but,did sally hemmings give her consent?

Roberta75
07-08-2015, 01:31 PM

In a civil court theres a strong case imo and you dont need a majority. Put 9 women on the civil jury and he will pay plenty imo.

thomas96
07-08-2015, 08:24 PM
In a civil court theres a strong case imo and you dont need a majority. Put 9 women on the civil jury and he will pay plenty imo.

Civil court wouldn't put him "in an orange suit." He was talking about a possible perjury charge, and there's no case there.

Roberta75
07-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Civil court wouldn't put him "in an orange suit." He was talking about a possible perjury charge, and there's no case there.

It would sure empty his wallet a bit though and be a huge blow to his inflatted ego.

soulster
07-08-2015, 11:24 PM
Pretty disgusting to see people defending Cosby today.

supremester
07-09-2015, 02:35 AM
9 humans of any sort will nail this vomit bag - and the courts will see to it that the civil penalties HURT. THE DA knows what's yet to be released and is talking perjury charges - I hope they slap his ass in with the sodomites as they distribute 75% of his wealth to his victims. Camille can try to survive on the other 100 mil or so.

Any any Numbnuttians who think they were asking for it, looking to get famous, shouldn't have waited so long to come forth or, stoopidest of all "knew he was married" LOLOLOL I just hope they don't have daughters. Or children. Or are around children. Or me.

REDHOT
07-09-2015, 03:23 AM
That Janice Dickinson and that other model,i wouldn't believe anything from them,they want publicity,and Janice Dickinson what a joke,everything about her is a mess lol

soulster
07-09-2015, 08:19 AM
9 humans of any sort will nail this vomit bag - and the courts will see to it that the civil penalties HURT. THE DA knows what's yet to be released and is talking perjury charges - I hope they slap his ass in with the sodomites as they distribute 75% of his wealth to his victims. Camille can try to survive on the other 100 mil or so.

Any any Numbnuttians who think they were asking for it, looking to get famous, shouldn't have waited so long to come forth or, stoopidest of all "knew he was married" LOLOLOL I just hope they don't have daughters. Or children. Or are around children.

You and I don't agree on much around here, but i'm with you 100% on this! But, let's see how this plays out. And, as we see above, the trolls are back.

They need to remove is start on the Hollywood Walk of fame.

RobertZ
07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Pretty disgusting to see people defending Cosby today.

... and what's the deal with the supporters? I "understand" Whoppi Goldberg as far as saying that he has not yet been tried and proven guilty [["understand", but I don't agree) - but the "blame it on the victim" defense is a major reason why most of the women say they did not come forward sooner.

arr&bee
07-09-2015, 12:08 PM
No,they didn't come forward sooner,like when the cosby show was raking in million for nbc because those good execs would've killed it don't kill the golden goose,but how times change now nobody will touch him so all the wolves come out...the real crime..cosby was stupid and those ...[girl scouts]from the playboy mansion.....hmmmmmmm???????

Roberta75
07-09-2015, 02:40 PM
No,they didn't come forward sooner,like when the cosby show was raking in million for nbc because those good execs would've killed it don't kill the golden goose,but how times change now nobody will touch him so all the wolves come out...the real crime..cosby was stupid and those ...[girl scouts]from the playboy mansion.....hmmmmmmm???????

It doesnt matter if those Playboy girls was running around buck naked or laying on the grass nake with they legs open. Unless a woman gives CONSENT to sex it is rape plain and simple. Thee women may have put themselves in real bad situations but every woman has to give PERMISSION for any man to enter her vagina.

Roberta

thomas96
07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
It doesnt matter if those Playboy girls was running around buck naked or laying on the grass nake with they legs open. Unless a woman gives CONSENT to sex it is rape plain and simple. Thee women may have put themselves in real bad situations but every woman has to give PERMISSION for any man to enter her vagina.

Roberta

And where is evidence that they didn't give consent? It's their word, that's all they have. And that's not enough to prove anything. Not saying he didn't do it. But it's possible that he didn't. Nobody will ever know. And you still haven't answered my question from my other post.

Roberta75
07-09-2015, 03:41 PM
And where is evidence that they didn't give consent? It's their word, that's all they have. And that's not enough to prove anything. Not saying he didn't do it. But it's possible that he didn't. Nobody will ever know. And you still haven't answered my question from my other post.

30 women lied about the exact same thing. Dream on babe.

soulster
07-09-2015, 03:42 PM

We live in a world where people are unlikely to believe women. Somehow, the benefit of the doubt is always given to men. People tend not to believe anything women say until a man backs them up. It is the very reason why these women didn't speak up after it happened. Who is going to believe their word against such a wholesome figure who does so much with children? He gave Black people such pride because he was a very funny and successful BLack comedian that crossed race and generations when we were still in the first Jim Crow era. Cosby was the first Black co-star in a major, successful TV series, one of the first Blacks who produced his own TV show in the early 70s, then again in the 80s, presented a cartoon full of lovable Black, urban cartoon characters to kids that taught them lessons of respect and caring. He presented a new image of Black families to White America in the 80s. He is a philanthropist. How could they compete with that? Forget White audiences acceptance of him, what about how Blacks almost blindly accept him just because of the great things he has done? After all, he made Blacks look better to Whites.

And, now, it appears that everything women, dating back to at least 1965, have been sating what he's really like, is true, and some people have trouble believing it, preferring to instead blame the victims. Proof? In addition to the victims, and even a man who worked for Cosby at NBC in the 80s, we now have Cosby's own words of admission of most of what we have been hearing. No, he won't answer the crucial question, but, c'mon! Connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty! It's the same blindness that caused so many Black Americans to deny O.J.'s Simpson's guilt. Yes, he was found not guilty, but remember the reasons some of those jurors gave for their vote? Remember how he behaved and what he said after it all? That sealed his guilt.

Again, if you had a daughter or wife who was violated by Bill Cosby in such a way, would you blame them for being alone with him?

jobeterob
07-09-2015, 05:03 PM
As a matter of interest, why do you think there is no case??

I think that quite often Milven is right in that eventually, "what goes around comes around".

At a bare minimum, Cosby is a scuzzbucket slut ~ and that is if he wasn't doing anything bad like drugging people that didn't understand what was going on and having sex with them; and it sounds like this was hardly just consensual "tax drugs and have sex".

thomas96
07-09-2015, 06:31 PM
As a matter of interest, why do you think there is no case??

There is absolutely nothing concrete that indicated he lied in that case or that he could be convicted of perjury charges. Just because some random lawyer who has been after Cosby for year said he "can tear that deposition apart." Another former D.A. calls this argument a "creative one, but a stretch." And there is a statute of limitations on perjury charges as well. That's why I think there's no case and that he won't spend a second in jail as was suggested. I'm not saying they shouldn't pursue it or try to get him on these charges, but there really isn't anything there. Cosby has the money to get the best possible lawyers. It's a fantasy to think he'll spend time in jail or prison. Just using logic, no opinion on the matter.

thomas96
07-09-2015, 06:37 PM
At a bare minimum, Cosby is a scuzzbucket slut ~ and that is if he wasn't doing anything bad like drugging people that didn't understand what was going on and having sex with them; and it sounds like this was hardly just consensual "tax drugs and have sex".

Absolutely. He cheated on his wife probably thousands of times over the years. That alone makes me not like him as a person. But it doesn't affect how I view his acting and comedy career. I'm just not going to act like he's guilty of being a serial rapist based on allegations. It's possible, but it's also possible he's innocent. That's all I'm saying. And frankly, I really don't even care whether he did it or not. I will still enjoy and appreciate his tv shows, movies, stand up, etc. regardless. Just as I still enjoy and listen to records that Lawrence Horn recorded, and I'm sure most here still do as well.

thomas96
07-09-2015, 06:49 PM
We live in a world where people are unlikely to believe women. Somehow, the benefit of the doubt is always given to men. People tend not to believe anything women say until a man backs them up. It is the very reason why these women didn't speak up after it happened. Who is going to believe their word against such a wholesome figure who does so much with children? He gave Black people such pride because he was a very funny and successful BLack comedian that crossed race and generations when we were still in the first Jim Crow era. Cosby was the first Black co-star in a major, successful TV series, one of the first Blacks who produced his own TV show in the early 70s, then again in the 80s, presented a cartoon full of lovable Black, urban cartoon characters to kids that taught them lessons of respect and caring. He presented a new image of Black families to White America in the 80s. He is a philanthropist. How could they compete with that? Forget White audiences acceptance of him, what about how Blacks almost blindly accept him just because of the great things he has done? After all, he made Blacks look better to Whites.

And, now, it appears that everything women, dating back to at least 1965, have been sating what he's really like, is true, and some people have trouble believing it, preferring to instead blame the victims. Proof? In addition to the victims, and even a man who worked for Cosby at NBC in the 80s, we now have Cosby's own words of admission of most of what we have been hearing. No, he won't answer the crucial question, but, c'mon! Connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty! It's the same blindness that caused so many Black Americans to deny O.J.'s Simpson's guilt. Yes, he was found not guilty, but remember the reasons some of those jurors gave for their vote? Remember how he behaved and what he said after it all? That sealed his guilt.

Again, if you had a daughter or wife who was violated by Bill Cosby in such a way, would you blame them for being alone with him?

In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. But the girl kept the money, and never went to jail. A friend of mine was accused by his girlfriend of beating her and was arrested and charged for it, when in reality she was on coke and was trying to beat the shit out of him hitting him with her heels and throwing shit at her and all he did was restrain her. He called the cops trying to get her out of the house, and HE got arrested. He was initially found guilty by a female judge before appealing and having it overturned by a jury [[consisting of 7 women). I'm not saying the women are all lying just because the ones in these situations were, I'm just not blindly labeling Cosby as guilty based only on accusations.

You say "connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty." Have you not listened to a word I said [[or rather, read a word I wrote)? I don't care whether he's guilty or not. He's not my hero at all. I enjoy his acting just like I enjoy other actors and comedians. None of them are my "heroes." It's a silly notion. Because I respect the judicial process in this country I'm "trying to deny [[my) hero is guilty?" Right...

If I had a daughter or wife who was violated by anybody, they would have come out with immediately if it actually happened. And if I had a daughter or wife and I trusted them I would believe them and would want the violator in prison for life. But that's not what this situation is. I don't know any of the accusers. I don't know if they are trustworthy or not. Nowhere have I blamed the women for anything or said they did anything wrong. I've said that if they are lying that they would be pieces of shit. I don't know whether they are lying or not, but if any are, they deserve blame for lying about that. If they are indeed telling the truth then they wouldn't deserve blame for anything.

midnightman
07-10-2015, 09:15 AM

EW! That's a new one! :eek: This guy is truly one of the creepiest I ever read about... jeez!

midnightman
07-10-2015, 09:16 AM

Centric just took it off.

midnightman
07-10-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking in the case of Bill, here we have a guy who had people who backed him up and was able to keep any scandal circulating around him to stay completely silent. There were already hints before the scandal broke that Bill was often cheating on his wife Camille. There were also hints that Bill was sexually harassing women on the set of his shows [[mainly the first Bill Cosby Show, I think some producer came out a year ago saying how Cosby used to touch girls' butts or something, something he admitted to in his 2005 deposition).

Bill Cosby the man and Bill Cosby the entertainer were two different people. The guy knew how to play the PR machine better than ANY entertainer ever did, black or white. He didn't make you think of his race when he was on television, that was the type of magic, if you call it that, that he had. It was the same with OJ, same with Michael later on, and also the same with Sammy Davis, Jr. [[though Sammy at times couldn't escape being black because he openly showed his embrace for white women when society at the time didn't think that was cool). But Bill's it factor spread further than OJ and Sammy [[shoot I think BC and MJ were the only two whose work reached everyone in ways not seen anymore).

Bill had to produce an image that would not let anyone seek into who he really was. He was a great storyteller, which is why he was able to make fantasies of the harsh surroundings of his North Philly neighborhood and what was now his post-I Spy/stand up fame: the farting games with his father, the bed jumping and water spitting with his brother, his father cursing him out for not putting gas in his car, Fat Albert, giving kids chocolate cake for breakfast, his wife whupping their kids after they fought while trying to take baths, etc.

He made fantasy into reality and made people relate to him. But some things from his actual life did slip through the surface as heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx6KAd_Su3I

From all perspectives, the man Bill Cosby is and the entertainer he was were like two different people. While being loving onscreen, he would scold his producers out, he called a black Notre Dame graduate dumb for "only" having a 2.5 GPA, Teddy Pendergrass dedicated a few pages where he said Bill was mean to him [[and this was after Teddy's accident), of course let's not forget the "Pound Cake" incident AND he had been the subject of lawsuits of sexual misconduct in the past.

So I'm guessing at some point between 1992 [[when the Cosby Show left the air) and 2005 [[when the first molestation case was brought to the surface), something snapped in Bill Cosby where people start to really hear how he wasn't like what he seemed. Now, who wants to deal with that?

It goes deeper than him being a "black entertainer/humanitarian", it goes deeper than wondering WHY the women agreed to be with him, you have to wonder what levels of depravity this guy pulled and somehow remained unscathed until now. Bill's a sick man.

RobertZ
07-10-2015, 10:41 AM

I read this too quickly and now have a mental image of Cosby stuck to a rubber doll that I wish would go away.

RobertZ
07-10-2015, 10:44 AM
On a more serious note I'm quite surprised at the number of commentators who choose, in this "day and age", to blame the victims. As Soulster says, it's still "a world where people are unlikely to believe women". Which is troubling.

soulster
07-10-2015, 04:46 PM
On a more serious note I'm quite surprised at the number of commentators who choose, in this "day and age", to blame the victims. As Soulster says, it's still "a world where people are unlikely to believe women". Which is troubling. I'm alarmed at how many misogynists there are on this forum!

Roberta75
07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
On a more serious note I'm quite surprised at the number of commentators who choose, in this "day and age", to blame the victims. As Soulster says, it's still "a world where people are unlikely to believe women". Which is troubling.

Oh its real shocking how Cosbys defenders stick up for him. Theyve little or no respect for women smh just smh.

Roberta

arr&bee
07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Umm now let me see...would be actress-models meet famous celeb knowing exactly who he is and how the game is played, would be actress plays the game but no big splash career wise now would be actress knowing that she got p-l-a-y-e-d is pissed off and looking for revenge,even if it takes forty years!!

Roberta75
07-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Umm now let me see...would be actress-models meet famous celeb knowing exactly who he is and how the game is played, would be actress plays the game but no big splash career wise now would be actress knowing that she got RAPED is pissed off and looking for revenge,even if it takes forty years!!

Would be actress plays the game but no big splash career wise now would be actress knowing that she got RAPED. Unless she agree to sex with Cosby it is RAPE.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penettration against a person without that persons CONSENT.

thomas96
07-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Umm now let me see...would be actress-models meet famous celeb knowing exactly who he is and how the game is played, would be actress plays the game but no big splash career wise now would be actress knowing that she got p-l-a-y-e-d is pissed off and looking for revenge,even if it takes forty years!!

Certainly a possibility, and one in which everyone is ignoring. It could have been rape, or all of it could have been consensual. We'll never know.

soulster
07-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Certainly a possibility, and one in which everyone is ignoring. It could have been rape, or all of it could have been consensual. We'll never know.

Oh please!

marv2
07-10-2015, 09:25 PM
In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. .

Hell, look at what happened to Michael Jackson! Those two little punks admitted they lied on Michael.......AFTER he died! One said his Dad made him lie for the money.

marv2
07-10-2015, 09:28 PM

Uh huh JAI, now this is what I'm saying! Those women were not saints. Cosby did not go pull them off the street at knife point, drug them in the alley and raped them. What the Hell were they doing with a well known married man to begin with? They are not innocent.

soulster
07-10-2015, 10:13 PM
In the court system there is a bias against men. Women are always awarded the custody of the children. Look up a guy by the name of Brian Banks who had his life ruined because he was accused of raping a girl, and was convicted only on that accusation. She later admitted she lied just to get money and Banks' conviction was overturned. But the girl kept the money, and never went to jail. A friend of mine was accused by his girlfriend of beating her and was arrested and charged for it, when in reality she was on coke and was trying to beat the shit out of him hitting him with her heels and throwing shit at her and all he did was restrain her. He called the cops trying to get her out of the house, and HE got arrested. He was initially found guilty by a female judge before appealing and having it overturned by a jury [[consisting of 7 women). I'm not saying the women are all lying just because the ones in these situations were, I'm just not blindly labeling Cosby as guilty based only on accusations.

The court system is not biased against men. For every woman who lies about rape, 100 more men never serve any time, much less are arrested and charged for committing it. I know about only two females who wrongly charged family members of raping them. They were under therapy by questionable people, or mentally ill. But, I personally know plenty of men who were never even arrested for rape, and that was sometimes with the help of the police. The victims were too scared of reporting them for fear or retribution or being rejected by their families. Most women in this country are given custody of children, and most me are still arrested and/or removed from the home when there is a call of domestic violence or abuse. So, don't give me that crap about how the courts discriminate against men. That sounds like those mens' groups who supported the college kid who randomly shot innocent women because he couldn't get attention from women.

You say "connect the dots and stop trying to deny your hero is guilty." Have you not listened to a word I said [[or rather, read a word I wrote)? I don't care whether he's guilty or not. He's not my hero at all. I enjoy his acting just like I enjoy other actors and comedians. None of them are my "heroes." It's a silly notion. Because I respect the judicial process in this country I'm "trying to deny [[my) hero is guilty?" Right...

I have been reading every word. You say you don't care either way, but you still seem to want to give Cosby the benefit of the doubt. I question why.

If I had a daughter or wife who was violated by anybody, they would have come out with immediately if it actually happened. And if I had a daughter or wife and I trusted them I would believe them and would want the violator in prison for life. But that's not what this situation is. I don't know any of the accusers. I don't know if they are trustworthy or not. Nowhere have I blamed the women for anything or said they did anything wrong. I've said that if they are lying that they would be pieces of shit. I don't know whether they are lying or not, but if any are, they deserve blame for lying about that. If they are indeed telling the truth then they wouldn't deserve blame for anything.

This shows me that you understand very little about behavior, much less the behavior of victims.

RobertZ
07-10-2015, 10:32 PM
I'm alarmed at how many misogynists there are on this forum!
I am, too.

RobertZ
07-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Oh its real shocking how Cosbys defenders stick up for him. Theyve little or no respect for women smh just smh.

Roberta
I believe you are correct, Ms. Roberta - it's an anti-women thing. I hope you have a good weekend.

midnightman
07-11-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm not shocked that there are misogynists on this board. You have to understand, society has made it seem normal for men to get away with crimes like this because of their beliefs that if a woman dressed or acted a certain way, they shouldn't be taken seriously. Look how many sex workers don't get taken seriously because they report to the police that they got raped or someone was trying to kill them. Look how many women who TRIED to tell their story of being raped and no one really believed them. And this is just not because of fame, they do that to little known people too, local people.

Some have this idea that if they were presented with "evidence", then they'll believe the victims. That's a false analogy and very harming. Because even WITH the proof, the man themselves would go "oh no someone planted my DNA there" especially if they were found to have killed that woman.

So of course some here want to think Mr. "Heathcliff Huxtable", Mr. "Jello Pudding Pop", Mr. "I'm the only black person to tell you what to do, black people" can't POSSIBLY do that because of his record. PHUCK his record, he was living a damn lie! Nearly FIFTY WOMEN have said something happened to them but there's people who think all of them are "shady hoes who don't deserve to have their voice heard".

At this point, there's no way of getting through to them. They would be the same ones questioning a CHILD who said they were abused by someone. Shoot look at how they treat the people who said Michael Jackson was doing heinous things to THEM! So of course people will find a reason to defend Cosby despite the hints into his behavior: the Spanish Fly comic monologue, the "barbecue sauce" episode in the Cosby Show where everyone got horny and docile [[especially the women) after they were arguing about a woman's role and this was why discussing what should be going on in someone's bachelor party [[Theo suggested his future brother-in-law have a stripper in his party), his hypocritical comic monologues about how bad men are [[while he was doing those bad deeds himself).

But yeah 48 women are lying, right? Despite what came out of BILL COSBY'S mouth, they still don't wanna hear it. At this point, it's a moot cause. Let them believe in their fantasy that this dude is innocent. Saner minds know the truth and that is, he's guilty.

midnightman
07-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Hell, look at what happened to Michael Jackson! Those two little punks admitted they lied on Michael.......AFTER he died! One said his Dad made him lie for the money.

No they didn't.

They only reported ONE was lying, but he NEVER TOOK IT BACK!!! That was a LIE! Jordan Chandler never said anything. He never said his father made him lie or none of that. That's PR bullshit from the Jackson camp.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chandler.asp

And who was the "second punk"? No, no one took it back about MJ...

kenneth
07-11-2015, 10:58 AM
@midnightman...very well said...!

splanky
07-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Given that the most recent evidence does indeed make Bill out to be the sick pervert all these
women insist him to be I won't try here or anywhere else to defend Bill Cosby. That said I
won't ignore or try to erase from memory all of the work he's done that I still appreciate and
enjoy , regardless of what some others think. He's not the first artist to abuse women, won't
be the last, and we still celebrate others who got away with for years. Still, there appear to be some people here making this out to be a forum problem when it's obvious it's nation
wide in real time. Look at all the ties being cut, plaques and statues removed. Two things
do bother me, I admit. First, I still don't get so many women not telling some one who could
have helped them somehow after so many years...Not their mothers, sisters, fathers, brothers, aunts or uncles?......Second, a lot of the things Bill used to talk about going
on with younger generations of people I still think are relevant points though I wouldn't
necessarily paint them all black...With Bill knocked down would anyone ever have the
balls to call some people on their bullshit?...I'm still seeing a lot of it everyday...
BTW, this definitely would have been better off in the clubhouse than sandwiched between
the other , you know , threads here...

supremester
07-11-2015, 07:14 PM
What has married got to do with it? If anything, they should have been safer. These women are not saints? Next to Cosby, everyone is a saint![

If they were "asking for it" or "playing the game" they wouldn't NEED to be drugged. He's admitted using drugs to get sex and you are still vilifying the victims??? God bless you, M2!!!

QUOTE=marv2;291791]Uh huh JAI, now this is what I'm saying! Those women were not saints. Cosby did not go pull them off the street at knife point, drug them in the alley and raped them. What the Hell were they doing with a well known married man to begin with? They are not innocent.[/QUOTE]

Roberta75
07-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm not shocked that there are misogynists on this board. You have to understand, society has made it seem normal for men to get away with crimes like this because of their beliefs that if a woman dressed or acted a certain way, they shouldn't be taken seriously. Look how many sex workers don't get taken seriously because they report to the police that they got raped or someone was trying to kill them. Look how many women who TRIED to tell their story of being raped and no one really believed them. And this is just not because of fame, they do that to little known people too, local people.

Some have this idea that if they were presented with "evidence", then they'll believe the victims. That's a false analogy and very harming. Because even WITH the proof, the man themselves would go "oh no someone planted my DNA there" especially if they were found to have killed that woman.

So of course some here want to think Mr. "Heathcliff Huxtable", Mr. "Jello Pudding Pop", Mr. "I'm the only black person to tell you what to do, black people" can't POSSIBLY do that because of his record. PHUCK his record, he was living a damn lie! Nearly FIFTY WOMEN have said something happened to them but there's people who think all of them are "shady hoes who don't deserve to have their voice heard".

At this point, there's no way of getting through to them. They would be the same ones questioning a CHILD who said they were abused by someone. Shoot look at how they treat the people who said Michael Jackson was doing heinous things to THEM! So of course people will find a reason to defend Cosby despite the hints into his behavior: the Spanish Fly comic monologue, the "barbecue sauce" episode in the Cosby Show where everyone got horny and docile [[especially the women) after they were arguing about a woman's role and this was why discussing what should be going on in someone's bachelor party [[Theo suggested his future brother-in-law have a stripper in his party), his hypocritical comic monologues about how bad men are [[while he was doing those bad deeds himself).

But yeah 48 women are lying, right? Despite what came out of BILL COSBY'S mouth, they still don't wanna hear it. At this point, it's a moot cause. Let them believe in their fantasy that this dude is innocent. Saner minds know the truth and that is, he's guilty.

Preach MidnightMan preach.

Roberta75
07-12-2015, 10:52 AM
And Mrs Camille Cosby is Bill cosbys biggest enablers. She “stopped being embarrassed long ago” smh just smh at her indifirence to this.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/12/bill-cosbys-wife-says-accusers-consented-to-drugs-and-sex/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow

soulster
07-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Camille an enabler? You ain't kidding!
http://thegrio.com/2015/07/12/source-says-camille-cosby-believes-accusers-consented-to-drugs-and-sex/

Roberta75
07-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Camille an enabler? You ain't kidding!
http://thegrio.com/2015/07/12/source-says-camille-cosby-believes-accusers-consented-to-drugs-and-sex/

Although I think shes backtracking cause before she was coming across like Bill Cosby wasnt running with other woman.

RobertZ
07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Although I think shes backtracking cause before she was coming across like Bill Cosby wasnt running with other woman.
I never knew Ms. Cosby was Bill's manager! Kinda puts a new light on things. Like, just MAYBE, theirs was a business marriage-of-convenience all along?

BayouMotownMan
07-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Well, if you have to drug someone to have sex with you, you must be pretty lousy in the sack to start with. Just sayin....

RobertZ
07-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Well, if you have to drug someone to have sex with you, you must be pretty lousy in the sack to start with. Just sayin....

Ha! You made me snort beer through my nose with that one!

supremester
07-13-2015, 02:29 AM
I was never much of a drug user [[beyond pot and occasional ups) but I was "slipped" half of a lude in a scoop of Cold Stone peppermint because I refused to try it during a card game with buds. I realized as I got high as a kite and the laughs I was not in on that I had, in fact, been given a lude without knowing it and after an hour, requested the other half. I became, and remain, a huge admirer of Methaqualone and stick pins in my Reagan doll every night for his role in taking them off the market. They were heaven: cheap, plentiful and, for me, the ideal Saturday night or party buzz. Had I been given more than one, especially without prior use, I would prolly not be able to refuse the advances of a man that I've found creepy looking since I first laid eyes on him on "Why Is There Air?" There's a reason that vomit bag chose Ludes to give to his victims: it could easily render them defenseless. What a creepy yeech he is - I hope they do find a loophole, prosecute his ass and lock him up in civil court until he's broke and rots away.

jboy88
07-13-2015, 11:24 AM
I read about the incident with the Notre Dame student. His exact words were "a 2.6 GPA is OK, if you have a mental disorder". Not only did i graduate from Alabama with a similar GPA, I actually have a disorder [[Asperger's Syndrome). To read that about someone I'd idolized and aspired to be like someday, Dishearten doesn't even begin to describe it.

midnightman
07-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Yeah, Bill Cosby was always a d*ck, which is why I'm surprised when black folks defend his character [[like Chuck D did today on Twitter - he got railroaded for his comments too of course). A character that judgmental always got some shady background so BC was/is no different than the average politician who gets caught doing some evil stuff...

midnightman
07-13-2015, 05:33 PM
I never knew Ms. Cosby was Bill's manager! Kinda puts a new light on things. Like, just MAYBE, theirs was a business marriage-of-convenience all along?

Of course it was. Camille had connections in the entertainment industry that helped Bill get ahead so quickly than he did [[which is why people like Richard Pryor and George Carlin envied him though they eventually decided to follow their own paths as counterculture pioneers in stand up).

Camille was the reason why Bill styled "The Cosby Show" the way it was because Bill's original plan was to have his Heathcliff Huxtable character be a limo driver and Clair Huxtable was a Latina [[or Puerto Rican) maid. Camille advised that Cliff be an obstetrician and Clair be a black lawyer [[enter Phylicia Rashad).

Camille was also where the money was, if Bill is to be believed, she controls the money pile and handles the PR. At one point early in their marriage, she did show some concern about Bill's ways but after a certain point "turned the other cheek". Doubt they were really in love to begin with even with five children birthed out of it.

It definitely does put things in a new light though, Robert. And I agree about the backtracking, Roberta... I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.

milven
07-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Whoopee Goldberg continues to defend Cosby. And this hilarious clip of her olther defenses deserves a wider audience. The clip about Cosby in this video is old, but last week, Whoopi Goldberg doubled down in her defense of Bill Cosby despite his admission in sworn testimony he gave women Quaaludes to have sex with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkQ3t7tnds

soulster
07-13-2015, 08:11 PM
I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.

Unfortunately, in the last week or so, she broke her silence and came out supporting him.

marv2
07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately, in the last week or so, she broke her silence and came out supporting him.

Everybody don't believe what you believe. You believe he did everything those women said he did. A lot of people don't!

Roberta75
07-13-2015, 10:08 PM

Cosbys her meal ticket the more stations that drop the Cosby Show the less money in residual she make.

midnightman
07-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Lol what would she gain by saying anything? Her shows with Cosby have been YANKED!

Bokiluis
07-13-2015, 11:59 PM
So many emotions from grave disappointment to anger and even slightly embarrassed for his extremely egregious actions. Why? Why? So utterly disrespectful to women......

RobertZ
07-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Of course it was. Camille had connections in the entertainment industry that helped Bill get ahead so quickly than he did [[which is why people like Richard Pryor and George Carlin envied him though they eventually decided to follow their own paths as counterculture pioneers in stand up).

Camille was the reason why Bill styled "The Cosby Show" the way it was because Bill's original plan was to have his Heathcliff Huxtable character be a limo driver and Clair Huxtable was a Latina [[or Puerto Rican) maid. Camille advised that Cliff be an obstetrician and Clair be a black lawyer [[enter Phylicia Rashad).

Camille was also where the money was, if Bill is to be believed, she controls the money pile and handles the PR. At one point early in their marriage, she did show some concern about Bill's ways but after a certain point "turned the other cheek". Doubt they were really in love to begin with even with five children birthed out of it.

It definitely does put things in a new light though, Robert. And I agree about the backtracking, Roberta... I hope Phylicia [[Clair) stays quiet because she embarrassed herself last year and if she repeats what she says last year, she shouldn't be taken serious either.
Interesting; I knew of Camille but I was never aware of her part in his career. Slightly off the subject - I find the pictures and clips of Camille in the past few months smiling, laughing, and generally beaming as if she hasn't a care in the world, to be incredibly creepy. She could at lease maintain an appearance of gravitas ...

splanky
07-14-2015, 06:52 AM
Interesting; I knew of Camille but I was never aware of her part in his career. Slightly off the subject - I find the pictures and clips of Camille in the past few months smiling, laughing, and generally beaming as if she hasn't a care in the world, to be incredibly creepy. She could at lease maintain an appearance of gravitas ...

And how are we to really know she hasn't? Not defending either Camille or Bill but I do know one of the many ways media shapes public opinion is to decide which images and print is presented to outlets where and when....

soulster
07-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Lol what would she gain by saying anything? Her shows with Cosby have been YANKED!

Royalty checks.

BayouMotownMan
07-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Camille Cosby would have nothing to worry about financially if she leaves Bill.

I too did not want to believe these charges. But I can't see all these women making up the same story with the same details. A couple of these women I still don't believe; many people jump on a money bandwagon.

When the judge released the testimony and he admitted he drugged this one young woman to have sex, that is a damning statement. There's no way around it, even if the entire transcript was not released. A yes or no question got a yes answer.

People around the country are sufficiently convinced, as I am, that Mr. Cosby has a serious problem and has been leading a double life at the expense of other innocent people. That is why statues are coming down, buildings named after him are being removed and his show pulled from the networks because we now know Cliff Huxtable was an even more fictitious character than we first thought. It would take a small miracle for him to change the perceptions. In fact...I am wondering if Mr. Cosby is on suicide watch. Would not surprise me.

marv2
07-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Camille Cosby would have nothing to worry about financially if she leaves Bill.

I too did not want to believe these charges. But I can't see all these women making up the same story with the same details. A couple of these women I still don't believe; many people jump on a money bandwagon.

When the judge released the testimony and he admitted he drugged this one young woman to have sex, that is a damning statement. There's no way around it, even if the entire transcript was not released. A yes or no question got a yes answer.

People around the country are sufficiently convinced, as I am, that Mr. Cosby has a serious problem and has been leading a double life at the expense of other innocent people. That is why statues are coming down, buildings named after him are being removed and his show pulled from the networks because we now know Cliff Huxtable was an even more fictitious character than we first thought. It would take a small miracle for him to change the perceptions. In fact...I am wondering if Mr. Cosby is on suicide watch. Would not surprise me.

Bill Cosby is not going to commit suicide. Stop that shit LOL! Man.........................

BayouMotownMan
07-14-2015, 04:17 PM
How low class to repond with obscenity. Hopefully Mr Terrana will address this. Again

REDHOT
07-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Janice Dickerson and that other model jumped on it,i don't believe them at all,they are jokes.Janice shes the worst,something is mental about her.

BayouMotownMan
07-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Yes, that was the name I couldn't think of. Somehow I just don't believe Dickerson

REDHOT
07-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Me either BayouMotownMan,Janice Dickerson loves publicity,she'll do,or say what ever to get it smh.

soulster
07-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Looks like Whoppie Goldberg has changed her tune a bit:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/entertainment/whoopi-goldberg-bill-cosby-feat/index.html

soulster
07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
How low class to repond with obscenity. Hopefully Mr Terrana will address this. Again The occasional use of a cuss word is no big deal. I think it's only an issue when it is used excessively and gratuitously.

BayouMotownMan
07-14-2015, 06:15 PM
The occasional use of a cuss word is no big deal. I think it's only an issue when it is used excessively and gratuitously.

Why say it in an open forum? I use that word and ones a lot stronger, but typically within my group of friends. I am aware that such language is offensive to some people and my parents raised me to have manners, I'd like to think. Profanities are acceptable when used for effect within a group that does likewise. To others, just like racial epithets, it is unacceptable.

REDHOT
07-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Sorry,i don't believe Whoppie has really changed her mind,you gotta remember they know more then we know,don't believe her.

BayouMotownMan
07-14-2015, 06:26 PM
I believe her RedHot if for no other reason than that viewers were expressing dissatisfaction in her constant defense of Cosby.

thomas96
07-14-2015, 09:13 PM
Cosbys her meal ticket the more stations that drop the Cosby Show the less money in residual she make.

That's not even the slightest bit true.

thomas96
07-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Why say it in an open forum? I use that word and ones a lot stronger, but typically within my group of friends. I am aware that such language is offensive to some people and my parents raised me to have manners, I'd like to think. Profanities are acceptable when used for effect within a group that does likewise. To others, just like racial epithets, it is unacceptable.

Comparing Marv saying "shit" not directed towards anybody to racial epithets is outrageous. People who would be offended by "shit" need to grow up.

soulster
07-15-2015, 03:41 AM

We are adults here, I hope. Being an adult is realizing that there are always going to be things in the world that offend us in some way.

soulster
07-15-2015, 10:47 AM
More fallout:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/15/entertainment/joseph-phillips-cosby-feat/index.html

Now Cammille is in the headlights:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/entertainment/camille-cosby-bill-cosby-feat/index.html

arr&bee
07-15-2015, 03:10 PM
All the turncoats are coming out now i see,phillips should keep his mouth shut,cosby put money in his pockets and now he's on the crusade too..incredible.

Roberta75
07-15-2015, 05:22 PM
All the turncoats are coming out now i see,phillips should keep his mouth shut,cosby put money in his pockets and now he's on the crusade too..incredible.

so because Cosby gave work to actors there supposed to remain silent about a egotisticall serial rapist which is what Bill Cosby is imo

marv2
07-15-2015, 06:21 PM

Oh this Phillips dude needs to just shut his mouth. I had never heard of him before Bill Cosby gave him a job and have heard of him since! He's just trying to get some publicity again off of this Bill Cosby controversy. It is none of his business.

marv2
07-15-2015, 06:26 PM
I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up? Also, why didn't they go to the police at least in the same year these alleged incidents with Bill Cosby occurred?

Roberta75
07-15-2015, 06:40 PM
President Obama said drugging women for sex is RAPE.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/obama-comments-on-bill-cosby-allegations-thats-rape-20150715

marv2
07-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Comparing Marv saying "shit" not directed towards anybody to racial epithets is outrageous. People who would be offended by "shit" need to grow up.

Thanks Thomas.

marv2
07-15-2015, 07:00 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/obama-comments-on-bill-cosby-allegations-thats-rape-20150715

He was very careful not to even mention Bill Cosby's name. President Obama is great.

thomas96
07-15-2015, 07:12 PM

"I’ll say this: If you give a woman — or a man for that matter — without his or her knowledge, a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that’s rape,"

This is absolutely true. But there is no factual evidence that he drugged anybody without their knowledge or that he had sex with anybody without their consent. And he didn't admit to drugging women without their knowledge for sex. He said he acquired the drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. That's no different than a couple having consensual sex while drunk on alcohol or high on any other drug. President Obama never said Bill Cosby raped anyone as that headline implies.

thomas96
07-15-2015, 07:13 PM
I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up?

No because they'd be out of a job. You can't question someone who says they were raped by Bill Cosby. It's an unwritten law now.

supremester
07-15-2015, 07:20 PM
yes, they have been asked over and over. Their replies have been quoted over and over. Fear, shame, lack of knowledge as to what rape is..... fear of the rich and powerful.

Has anyone ever asked YOU why it matters how long they waited? Has anyone asked you what they have to gain? They don't seek money, fame or notoriety. Many have not allowed to have their names released.

has anyone asked Bill Cosby why he doesn't go on national TV and take a polygraph test live? It would get a 30 share easily. I would want to clear my name and go on with my career instead of being a pariah.
I may have missed it, but has any of these TV reporters asked any of these women why did they wait so long to speak up? Also, why didn't they go to the police at least in the same year these alleged incidents with Bill Cosby occurred?

RobertZ
07-15-2015, 07:26 PM
yes, they have been asked over and over. Their replies have been quoted over and over. Fear, shame, lack of knowledge as to what rape is..... fear of the rich and powerful.

Has anyone ever asked YOU why it matters how long they waited? Has anyone asked you what they have to gain? They don't seek money, fame or notoriety. Many have not allowed to have their names released.

has anyone asked Bill Cosby why he doesn't go on national TV and take a polygraph test live? It would get a 30 share easily. I would want to clear my name and go on with my career instead of being a pariah.

Perfectly stated.

Roberta75
07-15-2015, 07:26 PM
"I’ll say this: If you give a woman — or a man for that matter — without his or her knowledge, a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that’s rape,"

This is absolutely true. But there is no factual evidence that he drugged anybody without their knowledge or that he had sex with anybody without their consent. And he didn't admit to drugging women without their knowledge for sex. He said he acquired the drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. That's no different than a couple having consensual sex while drunk on alcohol or high on any other drug. President Obama never said Bill Cosby raped anyone as that headline implies.

The implications there and President Obama knows good and well what Cosby did. Hes a serial rapist and his depositions about drugging women speak volume after volunme. He will pay for these vile crimes in a civil court and he and his wife will really pay when they meet there maker.

Roberta75
07-15-2015, 07:29 PM

Well let's be real honest here you trying to reason with a person who backs violent wife beaters like Ike Turner and Pedro Ferrer so they defense of a seriel rapist shouldnt surprise you.

roberta

marv2
07-15-2015, 08:04 PM
No because they'd be out of a job. You can't question someone who says they were raped by Bill Cosby. It's an unwritten law now.

Ok, I understand. Just take their words for it just like we were suppose to take the words of those boys and their parents regarding Michael Jackson?

supremester
07-16-2015, 01:14 AM
This has nothing to do with MJ - HIS accusers sought and received compensation. I have a very rare copy of Michael Jackson Was My Lover that escaped the buyout in Bolivia. Interesting read but it has nothing to do with this thread.

Cosby's do NOT seek compensation - although I hope they do.I noticed you ignored my questions above. Cat got your tongue?

thomas96
07-16-2015, 01:25 AM
Cosby's do NOT seek compensation

Do you know what a 'civil suit' is?

jobeterob
07-16-2015, 01:30 AM
I can change Marv's mind about Bill Cosby! He once said Diana Ross was the most important black entertainer of her time!

There!

supremester
07-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Point taken. You are so right: it shouldn't surprise me, but yet, it still does. As hard as it is to relate to Cosby defenders, it's even harder to relate to those defending wife beaters. Mary Wilson's lies and duplicity concerning The Supremes is very irritating, but the thought that she or any woman, or anyone would be subjected to physical beatings sickens me. On top of her being his wife - she was his meal ticket. Where does this sicko get off beating a defenseless woman? even if his reasons for anger were justified, you leave a wife for her infidelity - not beat her. sicko - like Cosby. Yeeeech.

Well let's be real honest here you trying to reason with a person who backs violent wife beaters like Ike Turner and Pedro Ferrer so they defense of a seriel rapist shouldnt surprise you.

roberta

thomas96
07-16-2015, 02:28 AM
I can change Marv's mind about Bill Cosby! He once said Diana Ross was the most important black entertainer of her time!

There!

Aww shit, he's guilty. Hang the man.

thomas96
07-16-2015, 02:29 AM

roberta

Roberta, do you listen to Ike Turner ever, or to James Brown ever? Simple yes or no question.

supremester
07-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Yeah, I think so - what you wear to work at DMV? Yes, I do. So far, no one is filing one that I know of. I hope they will. Polygraphs are allowed. A simple preponderance of evidence is all that is required. Cos would be toast and broke.

Do you know what a 'civil suit' is?

thomas96
07-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I think so - what you wear to work at DMV? Yes, I do. So far, no one is filing one that I know of. I hope they will. Polygraphs are allowed. A simple preponderance of evidence is all that is required. Cos would be toast and broke.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/06/us/bill-cosby-accusers-defamation-lawsuit/

That article's from January, I'm pretty sure there have been more since then. Add on the ones that have already been settled, including the one that the most recent testimony of Cosby's was unsealed from. So to say that none of them are looking for money or that they would have nothing to gain, as was stated earlier, is ridiculous. Maybe what they have to gain is to ruin his reputation and his image because he promised them help with starting their acting careers in exchange for consensual sex and they're upset that their career never took off or that he didn't follow through on his promise. Not saying that happened, but it's a possibility. Just like it's a possibility that he raped them. But none of us know, and there is no evidence. So there's really no point in discussing it.

Polygraph is inadmissible in civil and criminal court, so you're wrong. And there is no "evidence" at all that rape occurred at any point so the cases wouldn't be easy wins. Right now it's strictly a "he-said she-said" situation, which wouldn't go anywhere in court. If it went to a jury though I'm sure he'd lose because 99% of the country believes that multiple accusations equal guilt even without any factual evidence. But that would be a breach of justice because pretty much everybody in the country has been swayed by the media on this for probably a year now, and would have prior knowledge of the case and a bias. Unfortunately for everybody who believes Cosby to automatically be guilty, he's unlikely to face any legal consequences.

supremester
07-16-2015, 03:09 AM
Actually, I'm not wrong. Most of these women were not initially seeking money until being called liars. They did not come forward asking for money. Many remain anonymous.

You are wrong about polygraph. see below.
http://www.truthorlie.com/admissible.html

He'd lose because he's guilty and people would sense it and because he admitted in court that he bought ludes to give to women for sex. If it was consensual, why would ludes be needed? I'm not trying to sway your opinion - just informing you that the evidence so far points to quilty without much thought at all. I still say all Cos has to do is go on TV and take a polygraph - he knows this.

That article's from January, I'm pretty sure there have been more since then. Add on the ones that have already been settled, including the one that the most recent testimony of Cosby's was unsealed from. So to say that none of them are looking for money or that they would have nothing to gain, as was stated earlier, is ridiculous. Maybe what they have to gain is to ruin his reputation and his image because he promised them help with starting their acting careers in exchange for consensual sex and they're upset that their career never took off or that he didn't follow through on his promise. Not saying that happened, but it's a possibility. Just like it's a possibility that he raped them. But none of us know, and there is no evidence. So there's really no point in discussing it.

Polygraph is inadmissible in civil and criminal court, so you're wrong. And there is no "evidence" at all that rape occurred at any point so the cases wouldn't be easy wins. Right now it's strictly a "he-said she-said" situation, which wouldn't go anywhere in court. If it went to a jury though I'm sure he'd lose because 99% of the country believes that multiple accusations equal guilt even without any factual evidence. But that would be a breach of justice because pretty much everybody in the country has been swayed by the media on this for probably a year now, and would have prior knowledge of the case and a bias. Unfortunately for everybody who believes Cosby to automatically be guilty, he's unlikely to face any legal consequences.

REDHOT
07-16-2015, 03:51 AM
These 2 Clown's are bring up Mary Wilson again,when this whole post is about Bill Cosby,they are Sick,they'll say anything to get a respond,the best thing is to pay no attention to them.

midnightman
07-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Act like there's tumbleweeds when the two BC defenders show up. :)

Anyway, did anyone else post this? Whoopi Goldberg is NOW saying BC "may" be guilty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ejBC_U2NaBU

Also President Obama was asked about the Cosby thing. They asked if it was possible to revoke BC's Presidential Medal of Freedom award and he said it was impossible due to the way the medal is given out, like once it's given to you, they can't take it away kinda thing. That said, he CLEARLY wasn't on BC's side of things when it came to his admission of "offering" drugs to women, saying "if you give drugs to women for 'sex', it's rape".

thomas96
07-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Actually, I'm not wrong. Most of these women were not initially seeking money until being called liars. They did not come forward asking for money. Many remain anonymous.

You are wrong about polygraph. see below.
http://www.truthorlie.com/admissible.html

He'd lose because he's guilty and people would sense it and because he admitted in court that he bought ludes to give to women for sex. If it was consensual, why would ludes be needed? I'm not trying to sway your opinion - just informing you that the evidence so far points to quilty without much thought at all. I still say all Cos has to do is go on TV and take a polygraph - he knows this.

Polygraph can only be submitted to the court in certain states and only if both parties agree to it--and in many states is completely inadmissible. Even if Cosby is guilty [[or innocent and wouldn't want to take it because they're based on pulse and breathing rates which can change--indicating lies--when one is nervous about something even if they're not lying) he could not be forced to take it for use in court, therefore there is no way a polygraph could be used against him in court.

It would be illegal for people in a jury to base their opinions in a new case off of his testimony from a previous case that was settled. He said he acquired the drugs to give to women he wanted to have sex with. That's not rape. He never said they were needed. Maybe that's just what he enjoys and with the woman's consent there is nothing wrong with that. It doesn't matter though because that testimony has nothing to do with any of the other accusations and couldn't be used against him in any other case.

You saying "he'd lose because he's guilty and people would sense it" is completely outrageous and I hope to God that you never serve on a jury, because that would be a breach of justice in and of itself.

You're not informing me of any "evidence" at all as you so claim because none of what you said is factual evidence that he raped anybody.

Taking a polygraph on TV would not help Cosby at all. They vary so much that he could be asked 100 questions and tell the absolute 100% truth on all of them and it would show that he was likely lying on at least 5-10 of them just based on changes in pulse and breathing rate, which would occur when one is in the spotlight on national television. Even if it showed 1 out of 100 he was lying, he would get destroyed my the media and general public based on that 1. He'd have nothing to gain at all by doing that. Even if he did it and it said he was telling the truth, the media would be writing about how he's a master manipulator or a sociopath who believes he isn't lying even when he is. The media is after him because this is selling and making headlines, and I don't blame them because the general public is stupid enough to eat it up, so they'd spin that into a negative story any way they could. He's smart to just keep his mouth shut and not say anything. Whether he's guilty or not.

Roberta75
07-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Roberta, do you listen to Ike Turner ever, or to James Brown ever? Simple yes or no question.

Yes I do listen to both.

Roberta75
07-16-2015, 11:12 AM

Well ill hes ruined his own legacy and hes pretty much a leper in society so this must be eating him up inside. He drugged and raped darned near 40 ladies and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

hes no Cliff Huxtable thats for darned sure and his wife is his greatest enabler IMO. Smh at both of them and they few defenders.

thomas96
07-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Yes I do listen to both.

Why would you listen to such horrible people yet also believe that the Cosby Show should not be aired because a horrible person acted in it? Even if he's guilty I really don't understand how anybody can support not airing movies or shows that Cosby has acted in. Hundreds of other actors and actresses and writers and directors, etc. were all involved in those, why punish them? They were entertaining and funny with a lot of values in them as well. Why does 1 actor's personal life change anything? Yes he's a PoS. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the show, or give reason to punishing everybody else involved.

Roberta75
07-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Why would you listen to such horrible people yet also believe that the Cosby Show should not be aired because a horrible person acted in it? Even if he's guilty I really don't understand how anybody can support not airing movies or shows that Cosby has acted in. Hundreds of other actors and actresses and writers and directors, etc. were all involved in those, why punish them? They were entertaining and funny with a lot of values in them as well. Why does 1 actor's personal life change anything? Yes he's a PoS. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the show, or give reason to punishing everybody else involved.

I listen to Ike Turner cause I like Ike and Tina music but I don't have to look at Ike's evil face when listening to CDs and I paid for the CDs. I really like James brown music. I will watch the Cosby show once hes paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to the women he drug and raped and when hes donated money to rape shelters and abused women shelters. Thats showing me hes trying to making it right with God and taking responsibility for his actions.

jobeterob
07-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Barack & Whoopi are now against him!

As soon as Diana drops the axe, I'm convinced!

Relax, I was convinced before. He's a loser.

thomas96
07-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Oh how I'd love the ensuing meltdown here if Diane Ross came out publicly in support of Bill Cosby.

milven
07-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Oh how I'd love the ensuing meltdown here if Diane Ross came out publicly in support of Bill Cosby.

I don't think that will happen. She seems to be a private person who does few interviews, and does not do the red carpet scene. So, if she has an opinion, one way or the other, she likely will not share it.

marv2
07-16-2015, 02:22 PM

Yeah like Stephen Collins who admitted to molesting children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnWqrt_rvM

thomas96
07-16-2015, 02:38 PM
I listen to Ike Turner cause I like Ike and Tina music but I don't have to look at Ike's evil face when listening to CDs and I paid for the CDs. I really like James brown music. I will watch the Cosby show once hes paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to the women he drug and raped and when hes donated money to rape shelters and abused women shelters. Thats showing me hes trying to making it right with God and taking responsibility for his actions.

I can absolutely understand you personally not wanting to see Cosby's face, but why should they take the show off? Others enjoy watching it regardless of Bill's personal life. The other actors and actresses are all tremendous and it's an entertaining and funny show. I understand you already have the Ike and JB CDs [[similarly I have Cosby Show dvds) but pretend that you didn't. How would you feel if they stopped selling all of the CDs and records and took them off of the internet too--just because some people didn't want to hear a wife-beater's voice--so you wouldn't be able to hear these singers that you enjoy listening to? My point is, there is nothing wrong with the show being aired and there's no reason to take it off. If some don't want to watch it then they don't have to. Don't stop others from watching it and the other actors and actresses, producers and directors from making money from it that they've earned and deserve. Did James Brown and Ike Turner pay out hundreds of millions of dollars or try to make it right?

supremester
07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
What a spiteful little k_________ you are! Why do you delight in other's unhappiness? Are you so bothered by Diana Ross fans that you actually daydream of their folly??????

There is a Facebook group for you! Would you like the link?

QUOTE=thomas96;292574]Oh how I'd love the ensuing meltdown here if Diane Ross came out publicly in support of Bill Cosby.[/QUOTE]

Roberta75
07-16-2015, 03:03 PM
I can absolutely understand you personally not wanting to see Cosby's face, but why should they take the show off? Others enjoy watching it regardless of Bill's personal life. The other actors and actresses are all tremendous and it's an entertaining and funny show. I understand you already have the Ike and JB CDs [[similarly I have Cosby Show dvds) but pretend that you didn't. How would you feel if they stopped selling all of the CDs and records and took them off of the internet too--just because some people didn't want to hear a wife-beater's voice--so you wouldn't be able to hear these singers that you enjoy listening to? My point is, there is nothing wrong with the show being aired and there's no reason to take it off. If some don't want to watch it then they don't have to. Don't stop others from watching it and the other actors and actresses, producers and directors from making money from it that they've earned and deserve. Did James Brown and Ike Turner pay out hundreds of millions of dollars or try to make it right?

I dont have to buy any more Ike Turner CDs Ive got the ones I need and karma paid Ike Turner back real bad. Tina Turner went on to make hundreds of millions of dollars and Ike ended up a leper in society and spent time in jail. Cosby has lost of of his endorsementts and networks are dropping him like hot cake. The Duggars 19 and Counting just got canceled for harboring a molester and thats the right thing to do IMO. Cosbys chickens are coming home to roost. Universities dropped him and Disney dropped him and Netflix dropped him. Oh hes feeling this.now he needs to donate money to rape centers and abused women's shelters.

jobeterob
07-16-2015, 04:51 PM

Switch sides!

I can't wait.

Trouble is DianA never says anything about the antics of others.

soulster
07-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Why do you guys have to turn every thread into a diana ross thread?

soulster
07-16-2015, 06:18 PM
I can absolutely understand you personally not wanting to see Cosby's face, but why should they take the show off? Others enjoy watching it regardless of Bill's personal life.

Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, and it was his show. That's why it should be removed. The 19 Kids ans Counting show was also cancelled. These criminals have to be shown that violence against women and children should never be tolerated. The collateral damage is Cosby's fault.

And, if anyone does find a way to criminally charge Mr. Cosby, they should go after anyone complicit in his crimes.

supremester
07-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Are you call this a "Diana Ross Thread"?????????? She was MENTIONED. Like Tina, Ike and others. It's not an Ike Thread. Or a Tina Thread. OR a Ross Thread. YOU have Ross Paranoia. I can't wait for YOUR autubiography, "Supreme Indignation - My Life After Diana Ross Is Even Mentioned."

jobeterob
07-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Are you call this a "Diana Ross Thread"?????????? She was MENTIONED. Like Tina, Ike and others. It's not an Ike Thread. Or a Tina Thread. OR a Ross Thread. YOU have Ross Paranoia. I can't wait for YOUR autubiography, "Supreme Indignation - My Life After Diana Ross Is Even Mentioned."

Anxiety?

In a sense I understand it. It is about her omnipresence, how she ended every show, did every finale in her heyday, how Whoopi just had to stand there at Motown 40 with her hands up and her back to the audience and everyone KNEW what it was all about. It's about Bill Cosby and Harry Belafonte calling her the most important black artist of her time.

And more than anything, she left the other Supremes in the dirt - that's the real issue.

And there really isn't much to discuss about Bill Cosby other than an academic discussion for the sake of discussion. He has become of those pariahs - Sandusky, OJ Simpson etc. Thank goodness for us Motown Fans that Michael Jackson doesn't seem to have his name included in that group - at least not all the time.

Roberta75
07-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Bill Cosby is a serial rapist, and it was his show. That's why it should be removed. The 19 Kids ans Counting show was also cancelled. These criminals have to be shown that violence against women and children should never be tolerated. The collateral damage is Cosby's fault.

And, if anyone does find a way to criminally charge Mr. Cosby, they should go after anyone complicit in his crimes.

I fully agree with you.

RobertZ
07-16-2015, 07:08 PM
What a spiteful little k_________ you are! Why do you delight in other's unhappiness? Are you so bothered by Diana Ross fans that you actually daydream of their folly??????

There is a Facebook group for you! Would you like the link?

QUOTE=thomas96;292574]Oh how I'd love the ensuing meltdown here if Diane Ross came out publicly in support of Bill Cosby.[/QUOTE]
As a person of Jewish ancestry I really, really hope you are not using the "K-word" I think you are using.

RobertZ
07-16-2015, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=soulster;292607]Why do you guys have to turn every thread into a diana ross thread?[/QUOTE

Honestly, I have NO idea why Ms. Ross was dragged into this thread.

supremester
07-16-2015, 07:50 PM
LOL......oh, dear Moses - some of your kin are enough to give a Saint the conniptions!

How the hell would I possibly know ANYTHING about your ancestry? Is your last name Zion? Give me a f'n break please. I hadn't even heard the K word until college - and it was used in a list of bad words I had to have explained. Geez, some people are quick to play their particular card. How sad.

PS: In and out Of Love was the current DR&TS 45 during my Bar Mitzvah - what was yours?

As a person of Jewish ancestry I really, really hope you are not using the "K-word" I think you are using.[/QUOTE]

RobertZ
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM
LOL......oh, dear Moses - some of your kin are enough to give a Saint the conniptions!

How the hell would I possibly know ANYTHING about your ancestry? Is your last name Zion? Give me a f'n break please. I hadn't even heard the K word until college - and it was used in a list of bad words I had to have explained. Geez, some people are quick to play their particular card. How sad.

PS: In and out Of Love was the current DR&TS 45 during my Bar Mitzvah - what was yours?

As a person of Jewish ancestry I really, really hope you are not using the "K-word" I think you are using.[/QUOTE]

What word did you mean?

supremester
07-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll tell you when you answer my previous questions.

thomas96
07-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Alright I'm done with this discussion. Carry on.

supremester
07-16-2015, 09:00 PM
2 K's & 2 vowels

supremester
07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
KOOK

schlamazzle

midnightman
07-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Alright now, guys...

jobeterob
07-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Motown is old, the artists are aging and leaving us

To entertain the rabble, the behaviour of Bill Cosby took over.

RobertZ
07-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Motown is old, the artists are aging and leaving us

To entertain the rabble, the behaviour of Bill Cosby took over.
"The rabble"? Well, I NEVER! I didn't come here to be insulted!
[[Everyone: Where do you usually go? :))
To continue:
I have heard/read that though the statute of limitations would nullify an accuser's ability to sue Cosby, he could still be sued for perjury during deposition and/or defamation of character [[of a few of the women he has made statements about).

RobertZ
07-17-2015, 08:19 AM
ps: Have we heard anything about the judge who released the 'lude confession part of the deposition? Is is thinking of releasing the entire deposition?

midnightman
07-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Not yet. But more have said more of the deposition should be released to the public.

jobeterob
07-17-2015, 11:35 PM
"The rabble"? Well, I NEVER! I didn't come here to be insulted!
[[Everyone: Where do you usually go? :))
To continue:
I have heard/read that though the statute of limitations would nullify an accuser's ability to sue Cosby, he could still be sued for perjury during deposition and/or defamation of character [[of a few of the women he has made statements about).

Ya mostly we are just average Robs, certainly we do have some very special people though

Roberta75
07-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Bill Cosby is a disgusting pig. This desposition is real real disturbing. Hes a sick and dangerous man imo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/arts/bill-cosby-deposition-reveals-calculated-pursuit-of-young-women-using-fame-drugs-and-deceit.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=1

soulster
07-19-2015, 03:01 AM
Bizarro! If this doesn't convince anyone that Cosby is a sexual predator, nothing will:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/19/us/bill-cosby-deposition/index.html

[[CNN)Bill Cosby said he had sexual relationships with at least five women and tried to hide the affairs from his wife, the New York Times reported Saturday.

The paper told CNN it obtained a copy of the deposition where Cosby said he obtained seven prescriptions for the sedative Quaaludes from a Los Angeles doctor, ostensibly for a bad back, but really to give to young women he partied with. He said the sex and drug-taking were consensual, the Times reported. [[http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/arts/bill-cosby-deposition-reveals-calculated-pursuit-of-young-women-using-fame-drugs-and-deceit.html)
The deposition was taken 10 years ago and stems from a civil lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand -- one of the dozens of women who have publicly accused the comedian of sexual assault.

Cosby, 78, has never been criminally charged and has vehemently denied wrongdoing.

CNN has not yet obtained the full deposition and cannot independently confirm the veracity of the Times story. When reached for comment Saturday night, Cosby publicist Andrew Wyatt said, "We're not making any comments right now. Thank you." Constand attorney Dolores Troiani had no comment when reached by CNN.

Earlier this month, documents relating to the Constand lawsuit were released [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/) in which Cosby has admitted to getting prescription Quaaludes to young women he wanted to have sex with.
In those earlier documents, Cosby says he gave Constand one and a half tablets of Benadryl to relieve stress.

Bill Cosby admitted to getting Quaaludes to give to women [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html)
In the deposition, Cosby mostly discusses his years-long relationship with Constand but described sexual relationships with at least five women in different cities across the nation, in hotels and in one of his homes, the Times reported.

Constand was a staffer for the women's basketball team [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/) at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University, when she visited Cosby's Pennsylvania home in 2004. According to Constand, Cosby gave her medication that made her dizzy. She said she later woke up to find her bra undone and her clothes in disarray.

Cosby eventually settled the legal suit, which claimed that 13 "Jane Does" had similar stories of sexual abuse. The suit was settled under confidential terms. Since then, more than 25 women have publicly accused [[http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/20/showbiz/bill-cosby-allegations-repercussions/index.html) Cosby of raping or assaulting them over the past 40 years, often alleging he gave them some sort of drug without their knowledge.

In the deposition, Cosby said he tried to keep his wife, Camille Cosby, in the dark, at one point funneling money to a woman so his wife wouldn't find out, the Times reported. He said he offered to pay for Constand's further education, the Times reported. Cosby said he imagined his wife would have known he was helping pay for Constand's education but not because they'd had sex and Constand was now upset, the Times quotes him as saying in the deposition.

Cosby said in the deposition that he was a mentor to Constand, the Time reported. He said he deepened his relationship with her by inviting her to his house to talk about "personal situations dealing with her life, growth, education," the Times reported, quoting the deposition.
The Times said Cosby talked about his philosophy of sex in the deposition, saying he tried to avoid sexual intercourse because he didn't want women falling in love with him. The Times said: "To him, he said, the act of sexual intercourse 'is something that I feel the woman will succumb to more of a romance and more of a feeling, not love, but it's deeper than a playful situation.' As far as he and Ms. Constand went, he said, they were 'playing sex, we're playing, petting, we're playing.' "

The entertainer described his seduction strategy, saying he asked one woman about her father's cancer because he wanted to have sex with her, the Times reported. He said he was good at reading nonverbal clues that showed a woman was consenting to sex, the Times said. "I think I'm a pretty decent reader of people and their emotions in these romantic sexual things, whatever you want to call them," he said, according to the Times story.

Roberta75
07-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Bizarro! If this doesn't convince anyone that Cosby is a sexual predator, nothing will:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/19/us/bill-cosby-deposition/index.html

[[CNN)Bill Cosby said he had sexual relationships with at least five women and tried to hide the affairs from his wife, the New York Times reported Saturday.

The paper told CNN it obtained a copy of the deposition where Cosby said he obtained seven prescriptions for the sedative Quaaludes from a Los Angeles doctor, ostensibly for a bad back, but really to give to young women he partied with. He said the sex and drug-taking were consensual, the Times reported. [[http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/arts/bill-cosby-deposition-reveals-calculated-pursuit-of-young-women-using-fame-drugs-and-deceit.html)
The deposition was taken 10 years ago and stems from a civil lawsuit filed by Andrea Constand -- one of the dozens of women who have publicly accused the comedian of sexual assault.

Cosby, 78, has never been criminally charged and has vehemently denied wrongdoing.

CNN has not yet obtained the full deposition and cannot independently confirm the veracity of the Times story. When reached for comment Saturday night, Cosby publicist Andrew Wyatt said, "We're not making any comments right now. Thank you." Constand attorney Dolores Troiani had no comment when reached by CNN.

Earlier this month, documents relating to the Constand lawsuit were released [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/) in which Cosby has admitted to getting prescription Quaaludes to young women he wanted to have sex with.
In those earlier documents, Cosby says he gave Constand one and a half tablets of Benadryl to relieve stress.

Bill Cosby admitted to getting Quaaludes to give to women [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html)
In the deposition, Cosby mostly discusses his years-long relationship with Constand but described sexual relationships with at least five women in different cities across the nation, in hotels and in one of his homes, the Times reported.

Constand was a staffer for the women's basketball team [[http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/) at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University, when she visited Cosby's Pennsylvania home in 2004. According to Constand, Cosby gave her medication that made her dizzy. She said she later woke up to find her bra undone and her clothes in disarray.

Cosby eventually settled the legal suit, which claimed that 13 "Jane Does" had similar stories of sexual abuse. The suit was settled under confidential terms. Since then, more than 25 women have publicly accused [[http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/20/showbiz/bill-cosby-allegations-repercussions/index.html) Cosby of raping or assaulting them over the past 40 years, often alleging he gave them some sort of drug without their knowledge.

In the deposition, Cosby said he tried to keep his wife, Camille Cosby, in the dark, at one point funneling money to a woman so his wife wouldn't find out, the Times reported. He said he offered to pay for Constand's further education, the Times reported. Cosby said he imagined his wife would have known he was helping pay for Constand's education but not because they'd had sex and Constand was now upset, the Times quotes him as saying in the deposition.

Cosby said in the deposition that he was a mentor to Constand, the Time reported. He said he deepened his relationship with her by inviting her to his house to talk about "personal situations dealing with her life, growth, education," the Times reported, quoting the deposition.
The Times said Cosby talked about his philosophy of sex in the deposition, saying he tried to avoid sexual intercourse because he didn't want women falling in love with him. The Times said: "To him, he said, the act of sexual intercourse 'is something that I feel the woman will succumb to more of a romance and more of a feeling, not love, but it's deeper than a playful situation.' As far as he and Ms. Constand went, he said, they were 'playing sex, we're playing, petting, we're playing.' "

The entertainer described his seduction strategy, saying he asked one woman about her father's cancer because he wanted to have sex with her, the Times reported. He said he was good at reading nonverbal clues that showed a woman was consenting to sex, the Times said. "I think I'm a pretty decent reader of people and their emotions in these romantic sexual things, whatever you want to call them," he said, according to the Times story.

Yeah the woman will have sexual intercourse when shes been drugged and asleep. This man is a chronic rapist. May God forgive him.

arr&bee
07-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Ok,so he's been crucufied,vilified,his show has been pulled,and i can't find a[jello pudding pop]in the stores,i hear that the census folks are taking his name off the census reports so he won't officially exist oh and his family tree is gonna be dug up too and every stage that he ever appeared on will be burned...did i leave out anything?

Roberta75
07-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Ok,so he's been crucufied,vilified,his show has been pulled,and i can't find a[jello pudding pop]in the stores,i hear that the census folks are taking his name off the census reports so he won't officially exist oh and his family tree is gonna be dug up too and every stage that he ever appeared on will be burned...did i leave out anything?

And if all that was true it would be his own doin. 40 women FORTY and you think its all a joke. SMH just smh.

soulster
07-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Ignoring arr & bee's sarcasm...

The following bit is very telling of a sexual predator:

He [Bill Cosby] said he was good at reading nonverbal clues that showed a woman was consenting to sex, the Times said. "I think I'm a pretty decent reader of people and their emotions in these romantic sexual things, whatever you want to call them," he said, according to the Times story.

What makes me even more angry about what he has done is that he's Black, and this just reinforces the stereotype that Black men are obsessed with sex and are rapists.

midnightman
07-19-2015, 07:28 PM
To be honest, soulster, the stories of Bill being a pig in Hollywood was actually commonplace going back to his initial '60s stand up heyday... what makes Bill stand out is he acted like he was so moral, that's what hurt him: his hypocrisy.

supremester
07-19-2015, 07:37 PM
A) I can honestly say I've never even heard of that stereotype. Most men, I believe, are obsessed with sex at some point in their lives. I don't think it has anything to do with color but instead something to do with testicles.

B) Not one person, anywhere, not one I've talked to about this has even mentioned or hinted to race. I think if it ever was a stereotype - it isn't anymore. I think that the days of equating bad behavior with minority stereotypes are waning or are gone except for the few loons that will always be hiding under their rocks. Anyway, I'm guessing that the heinousnosity of Mr Cosby is so great that no one can even think past what groups he might belong to - he's in a class by himself.

Ignoring arr & bee's sarcasm...

The following bit is very telling of a sexual predator:

What makes me even more angry about what he has done is that he's Black, and this just reinforces the stereotype that Black men are obsessed with sex and are rapists.

marv2
07-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Anyway, I'm guessing that the heinousnosity of Mr Cosby is so great that no one can even think past what groups he might belong to - he's in a class by himself.

Nah, I can think of two immediately that were much, much worse:

John Wayne Gacey and Jeffrey Dahmer! Bill didn't kill and eat his partners after having sex.......

soulster
07-19-2015, 11:50 PM
To be honest, soulster, the stories of Bill being a pig in Hollywood was actually commonplace going back to his initial '60s stand up heyday... what makes Bill stand out is he acted like he was so moral, that's what hurt him: his hypocrisy.

And that's why the judge released transcripts from the deposition. If Mr. Cosby had kept his mouth shut about certain matters, he would have gotten away clean.

soulster
07-19-2015, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE]A) I can honestly say I've never even heard of that stereotype. Most men, I believe, are obsessed with sex at some point in their lives. I don't think it has anything to do with color but instead something to do with testicles.

The stereotype of Black people, both male and female, that we are hyper-sexual and aggressive, is very real, and one I had heard of all my life. It grew out of the fear White men had that goes all the way back to slavery. The rumor was created to cause fear of mainly Black men, and to dehumanize the women.

B) Not one person, anywhere, not one I've talked to about this has even mentioned or hinted to race. I think if it ever was a stereotype - it isn't anymore.

You can be sure that if it is some White people, they're thinking about it! Men of all races can be sexual predators, but it is Black men who get tagged with it because of the history of race in our country.

I think that the days of equating bad behavior with minority stereotypes are waning or are gone except for the few loons that will always be hiding under their rocks.

You may not think so or see it, but, trust me: the myth of the hyper-sexual Black man, with the larger-than-"normal" junk still thrives. And, it's not just White people that think this, it's across all races and ethnicities. I don't know where you live, but here is still tons of ignorance out there. I meet these people all the time!

milven
07-20-2015, 12:43 AM
Bill didn't kill and eat his partners after having sex.......

Maybe he ate them while having sex.

soulster
07-20-2015, 01:38 AM
Maybe he ate them while having sex.

I know this isn't a laughing matter, but that was funny!

supremester
07-20-2015, 12:38 PM
You left out Hitler, Stalin and Bush/Cheney whose body count is still not, unfortunately, finished mounting up. Yes, there's worse, but that makes Cosby only a few cuts above the worst killers history has ever heard of.
Nah, I can think of two immediately that were much, much worse:

John Wayne Gacey and Jeffrey Dahmer! Bill didn't kill and eat his partners after having sex.......

supremester
07-20-2015, 05:39 PM
OK Please see below:

[QUOTE=soulster;293050][QUOTE=supremester;293039]
You said:
The stereotype of Black people, both male and female, that we are hyper-sexual and aggressive, is very real, and one I had heard of all my life. It grew out of the fear White men had that goes all the way back to slavery. The rumor was created to cause fear of mainly Black men, and to dehumanize the women.

I say:
I believe you, but please believe me that I've never heard anything of the sort - and I'm 60 and fascinated by social cancers such as racism, homophobia, classism etc. so I've done some reading and brain picking on the subjects. Also, my mixed daughter minored in it at St Marys College and we discuss it a lot. I'm not arguing - just sending another perspective.

You said:

You can be sure that if it is some White people, they're thinking about it! Men of all races can be sexual predators, but it is Black men who get tagged with it because of the history of race in our country.

I say:
ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I'M white - I'M not thinking about it and I don't believe any of my social circle is - no one has even hinted at such. Do you see how you are part of the problem? [["ALL white people are thinking this???") ALL white people are only one thing: white. We don't all think alike, eat alike, screw alike or anything else alike. When my oldest was in 7th grade she asked her friends to stop using the phrase "that's gay" and told them that I am gay and it hurts her to hear it. It did not affect my relationship with any of the kids - half of them jocks - one bit. Although a few did say, "wow - he doesn't ACT gay" but none felt threatened because they weren't taught that. They no more thought I'd be after them than they would think Tina's mom would be. My point: not everyone is into stereotypes - most of those holding those thoughts are dying off. I live in Portlandia - yes, we are a notch to the left of center, but you need to cease painting groups all the same with wide strokes. Throw that wide brush away!!!

soulster
07-20-2015, 06:39 PM
I say:
I believe you, but please believe me that I've never heard anything of the sort - and I'm 60 and fascinated by social cancers such as racism, homophobia, classism etc. so I've done some reading and brain picking on the subjects. Also, my mixed daughter minored in it at St Marys College and we discuss it a lot. I'm not arguing - just sending another perspective.

[QUOTE]I say:
ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I'M white - I'M not thinking about it and I don't believe any of my social circle is - no one has even hinted at such. Do you see how you are part of the problem? [["ALL white people are thinking this???")

First of all, I am not part of a problem if I just point out the issue. I realize that some people believe it it best not to say anything and maybe it will quietly go away. Well, it doesn't go away.

ALL white people are only one thing: white. We don't all think alike, eat alike, screw alike or anything else alike. When my oldest was in 7th grade she asked her friends to stop using the phrase "that's gay" and told them that I am gay and it hurts her to hear it. It did not affect my relationship with any of the kids - half of them jocks - one bit. Although a few did say, "wow - he doesn't ACT gay" but none felt threatened because they weren't taught that. They no more thought I'd be after them than they would think Tina's mom would be. My point: not everyone is into stereotypes - most of those holding those thoughts are dying off. I live in Portlandia - yes, we are a notch to the left of center, but you need to cease painting groups all the same with wide strokes. Throw that wide brush away!!!

I didn't say ALL white people. I grew up around almost all white people, so I know better. Yeah, that "acting gay" is as bad as the "acting black" or acting White" accusation I hear all the time, or whatever have you.

You don't have to be into stereotypes to have heard them or have been affected by them. You are a gay man, so you know all about stereotypes. Just because they don't affect you doesn't mean they aren't there. Granted, I live in a more "backward" type of area, so I hear it more.

midnightman
07-21-2015, 12:08 AM
And that's why the judge released transcripts from the deposition. If Mr. Cosby had kept his mouth shut about certain matters, he would have gotten away clean.

Yep. Don't preach about values when you don't have any... that was where Bill messed up.

soulster
07-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Yup. The lesson is don't be a hypocrite! It makes people suspicious when you go overboard with a goody-goody-two-shoes image. How many politicians and preachers have been caught? If you're gonna be a perv, don't be preachin' to people about how to behave or raise your kids.

All this kind of makes you wonder what he's thinking when he looks at his daughters.

jobeterob
07-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Who's reputation got sullied worse - Jackson or Cosby?

RobertZ
07-21-2015, 05:37 AM

Both were quite ruinous, though Michael Jackson seems to have suffered more than "Tell 'yer momma" Cosby.

RobertZ
07-21-2015, 05:40 AM
Yup. The lesson is don't be a hypocrite! It makes people suspicious when you go overboard with a goody-goody-two-shoes image. How many politicians and preachers have been caught? If you're gonna be a perv, don't be preachin' to people about how to behave or raise your kids.

All this kind of makes you wonder what he's thinking when he looks at his daughters.
Seems to have been a classic "Do as I say, not as I do". Would be funny to see Cosby's punishment to lose ALL his money and go live in the projects on SS and see how well he adapts.

lakedistrictlad1
07-21-2015, 06:38 AM
I can't believe this very tenuous link to Motown thread has received more than double the posts on the new Fantastic Four CD.

midnightman
07-21-2015, 09:47 AM

I think their reputations were/are both damaged. The stories about Jackson haven't faded with his death and I'm guessing it'll get worse for Cosby.

jobeterob
07-21-2015, 11:14 AM
The entwinement of Jackson with "children" was devastating.

soulster
07-21-2015, 11:16 AM
I have a feeling that there is something else about Cosby we are all about to find out, and it won't be good.

arr&bee
07-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Yeah,like he didn't eat any of those[jelly pudding pops]he pushed all those years!!

soulster
07-21-2015, 07:07 PM
You mad, bro?

arr&bee
07-22-2015, 01:48 PM
yes I am but I'm gonna leave it here, no more sarcastics. .I'm out.

soulster
07-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Are you mad because your hero was cold-busted, or because you still think people are making it up?

soulster
07-23-2015, 01:35 AM
New news: Cosby faces new deposition in California:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-could-face-new-deposition-after-he-loses-california-n396861

midnightman
07-23-2015, 03:26 AM
Yeah I heard. Good for that old fart.

Roberta75
07-23-2015, 08:47 AM
New news: Cosby faces new deposition in California:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-could-face-new-deposition-after-he-loses-california-n396861

Good. This has to be done. You cant drug and rape almost 40 women and get away with it. And his biggest enabler his wifes still with him. Smh.

arr&bee
07-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Are you mad because your hero was cold-busted, or because you still think people are making it up?well my brother, i'll try to break it from my point of view, first of all cosby's no hero of mine, he's a hypocrite and a sex addict now having said that let me say this, I have no doubt that he gave some of those women drugs but I don't believe they didn't know what was happening now I'm gonna say something else and from an historical perspective and some may scream-here we go again, so be it.. since we came here in[1619]if it looks like a white woman was touched by a blackman America's ears perk up and the guns get loaded...Emmett till-the scottsboro boys,let me give you another example..can you imagine what would've happened to a man who is a hero-dr.king if it had been proven that he had intimate relations with a white woman while he were alive,do you think his statue would be up today?i don't care how many marches he led the answer is HELL NO, before ya'll get up in arms in no way is cosby in the class of dr.king but I had to make a point about what America still thinks about blackmen and white women, when a famous blackman touches a white woman and she says it was forced he's in deep stuff,cosby is stupid and those women are opportunist who got played, NOT RAPED- PLAYED...and now they're pissed ...oh and I've spoken with several women on this matter and they all feel the same as me...including my two adult daughters...PEACE!!

Roberta75
07-23-2015, 03:07 PM
well my brother, i'll try to break it from my point of view, first of all cosby's no hero of mine, he's a hypocrite and a sex addict now having said that let me say this, I have no doubt that he gave some of those women drugs but I don't believe they didn't know what was happening now I'm gonna say something else and from an historical perspective and some may scream-here we go again, so be it.. since we came here in[1619]if it looks like a white woman was touched by a blackman America's ears perk up and the guns get loaded...Emmett till-the scottsboro boys,let me give you another example..can you imagine what would've happened to a man who is a hero-dr.king if it had been proven that he had intimate relations with a white woman while he were alive,do you think his statue would be up today?i don't care how many marches he led the answer is HELL NO, before ya'll get up in arms in no way is cosby in the class of dr.king but I had to make a point about what America still thinks about blackmen and white women, when a famous blackman touches a white woman and she says it was forced he's in deep stuff,cosby is stupid and those women are opportunist who got played, NOT RAPED- PLAYED...and now they're pissed ...oh and I've spoken with several women on this matter and they all feel the same as me...including my two adult daughters...PEACE!!

Penetratting any woman without permission is RAPE. The women may have put themself in a bad and wrong wrong situation but RAPE is RAPE and it dont matter if the parties involved are white or black or green or yellow.

marv2
07-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Another take on the Bill Cosby story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjmr2ht7Oo

soulster
07-23-2015, 10:00 PM
well my brother, i'll try to break it from my point of view, first of all cosby's no hero of mine, he's a hypocrite and a sex addict now having said that let me say this, I have no doubt that he gave some of those women drugs but I don't believe they didn't know what was happening now I'm gonna say something else and from an historical perspective and some may scream-here we go again, so be it.. since we came here in[1619]if it looks like a white woman was touched by a blackman America's ears perk up and the guns get loaded...Emmett till-the scottsboro boys,let me give you another example..can you imagine what would've happened to a man who is a hero-dr.king if it had been proven that he had intimate relations with a white woman while he were alive,do you think his statue would be up today?i don't care how many marches he led the answer is HELL NO, before ya'll get up in arms in no way is cosby in the class of dr.king but I had to make a point about what America still thinks about blackmen and white women, when a famous blackman touches a white woman and she says it was forced he's in deep stuff,cosby is stupid and those women are opportunist who got played, NOT RAPED- PLAYED...and now they're pissed ...oh and I've spoken with several women on this matter and they all feel the same as me...including my two adult daughters...PEACE!! You forgot the Black women who are also claiming he drugged and raped them. Look at it from this angle: whenever a Black man touches a White woman, it is also assumed the White woman is a "whore". That's also racism.

Sorry, my brother, but it's wrong to blame the victim, and I don't care what color the people are. It smacks of misogyny.

arr&bee
07-23-2015, 10:15 PM
And do you actually believe that he would've been tarred and feathered in the court of popular opinion if all those women had been black?

soulster
07-23-2015, 11:48 PM
And do you actually believe that he would've been tarred and feathered in the court of popular opinion if all those women had been black?

We will never know the answer to that. If anyone has been tarred and feathered, he did it to himself.

midnightman
07-24-2015, 08:11 AM
I love how some folks randomly skip the BLACK WOMEN who said BC drugged/raped them...

Malcolm X was right: black women are the most maligned and most oppressed group on this planet. Black women are treated like dirt smh

soulster
07-24-2015, 08:21 AM
I love how some folks randomly skip the BLACK WOMEN who said BC drugged/raped them...

Malcolm X was right: black women are the most maligned and most oppressed group on this planet. Black women are treated like dirt smh

Yeah, they aren't even allowed to be victims.

RobertZ
07-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Another take on the Bill Cosby story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVjmr2ht7Oo
No, it's not "another take". It's a disgusting smear campaign that is beyond contempt and beneath the dignity of this forum to be posted here.

marv2
07-24-2015, 10:59 AM
No, it's not "another take". It's a disgusting smear campaign that is beyond contempt and beneath the dignity of this forum to be posted here.

It is another opinion that is different from yours. It is another take on the same story.

Roberta75
07-24-2015, 11:45 AM

Well the person who post the video RobertZ has obviously very little respect for women and defends wife beaters like Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner so we shouldnt be surpised that hes defending a seriel rapist.

Fondly,

Roberta

RobertZ
07-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Well the person who post the video RobertZ has obviously very little respect for women and defends wife beaters like Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner so we shouldnt be surpised that hes defending a seriel rapist.

Fondly,

Roberta
You are correct, Ms. Roberta! I don't think that sort of mis-information should be posted here. I draw the line at the name-calling that was used in the video; it's just not appropriate.
Best, Robert