PDA

View Full Version : former ladies of supremes and dennis edwards temptations revue jul 3

test

franjoy56
07-04-2015, 08:52 PM
I spent jul 3rd at fort hamilton army base in brooklyn to see scherrie linda and joyce vincent wilson who opened the show announced as the former ladies of the supremes along with dennis edwards tempts revue who closed t show, i think t supremes set was wonderful joyce blends into acf quite easily, she sang lead on wdolg i think and and two dawn songs scherrie and lynda alternted on lead on all t other supremes songs, my only complaint was too many dianaish 60s songs in t act and only one 70s song featured stoned love which was t hi point of t evening. They looked fabuous and lynda sporting a fabulous new blond hair do.

When dennis edwards revue came out a half hour later i thought i was seeing t original lineup, paul williams son was in t act and the resemblsnce was unbelivesble. They opened with standng at the top and closed w my girl thr were new members covering david and eddies lead dennis covered his 70s lead which gave t group new life after david left. When pauls son put his hand out f select ladies too touch it he looked at me with his hand out i rushed through t crowd to touch it. A wonderful evening

supremester
07-05-2015, 12:36 AM
It's amazing how well Joyce fits in - she's pretty and classy and moves so well. It's interesting that they only do one Rossless Supremes song - they did 2 when I saw them [[Up The Ladder, Stoned Love) and most times, May does none. What ones would you like to hear? I think Ladder and Stoned for sure plus River Deep. If Jean were back, def I Guess I'll Miss The Man.

I love Dennis' group - and esp Paul Jr - what a find! Both acts make a killer evening - glad you like them!

jobeterob
07-05-2015, 01:13 AM
But the crowds want the big hits for which they are remembered; the real fans are different

supremester
07-05-2015, 05:25 AM
Very true.

Bluebrock
07-05-2015, 11:40 AM
It's amazing how well Joyce fits in - she's pretty and classy and moves so well. It's interesting that they only do one Rossless Supremes song - they did 2 when I saw them [[Up The Ladder, Stoned Love) and most times, May does none. What ones would you like to hear? I think Ladder and Stoned for sure plus River Deep. If Jean were back, def I Guess I'll Miss The Man.

I love Dennis' group - and esp Paul Jr - what a find! Both acts make a killer evening - glad you like them!
Sounds like a wonderful evening. Dennis Edwards's group sound like the real deal. I hope they make it over to the UK. As regards FLOS i would love to hear Nathan Jones, He's my man, Floy Joy and of course Up the ladder.

franjoy56
07-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a wonderful evening. Dennis Edwards's group sound like the real deal. I hope they make it over to the UK. As regards FLOS i would love to hear Nathan Jones, He's my man, Floy Joy and of course Up the ladder. I would love to hear all of these as well , but why doesn't scherrie sing Im gonna let my heart do the walking after all it was her on lead, and it did well in the clubs, and many remember the disco era.