PDA

View Full Version : Carl Hall CD

test

imnokid
07-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Just got the Carl Hall CD of his complete Loma and Atlantic recordings. 4 octave voice. Many Ragavoy productions. Some over the top[[ala Lorraine Ellison), but man, the good stuff is just incredible!!! What Kind Of Fool Am I is the standout track for me. Every lover of soul music should own this CD. VERY informative liner notes by Bill Dahl.

Bluebrock
07-04-2015, 03:01 PM
Just got the Carl Hall CD of his complete Loma and Atlantic recordings. 4 octave voice. Many Ragavoy productions. Some over the top[[ala Lorraine Ellison), but man, the good stuff is just incredible!!! What Kind Of Fool Am I is the standout track for me. Every lover of soul music should own this CD. VERY informative liner notes by Bill Dahl.
I have this cd on my amazon wishlist and you have just persuaded me to purchase it. Thank you imnokid.

heikki
07-05-2015, 02:32 AM
Hi!

I agree. It's a great deep soul CD. Pity that some of the tracks end abruptly; in other words, they're not finished. But it's only a minor drawback, considering that there are 19 tracks altogether.

Best regards
Heikki

Amithesameboy
07-05-2015, 05:19 AM
Hi!

I agree. It's a great deep soul CD. Pity that some of the tracks end abruptly; in other words, they're not finished. But it's only a minor drawback, considering that there are 19 tracks altogether.

Best regards
Heikki

Agree about quality of music, not about quality of sleevenotes. Bill Dahl has completely missed the Alley and Soul Sneekers LP from 1979 on which Hall provides lead vocals on many tracks.

brother_love
07-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Track Listings
1. You Don't Know Nothing About Love
2. Mean It Baby
3. Just Like I Told You
4. He'll Never Love You
5. It Was You [[That I Needed)
6. The Dam Busted
7. I Don't Wanna Be [[Your Used To Be)
8. Dance Dance Dance
9. What Kind Of Fool Am I?
10. Sometimes I Do
11. The Long And Winding Road
12. It's Been Such A Long Way Home
13. Time Is On My Side
14. Need Somebody To Love
15. Change With The Seasons
16. Just Like I Told You
17. It Was You [[That I Needed)
18. The Dam Busted
19. Time Is On My Side

At long last a Carl Hall collection! I'm really enjoying this CD I have not stop playing it since it arrived. I hope this release will inspire some other company to issued his Mercury sides. I wouldn't label this so much as a Deep Soul collection. With tracks like "Need Somebody To Love", "Mean It Baby" " I Don't Wanna Be [[Your Used To Be)', and "What Kind of Foll Am I?" We must have his take on "Summertime" on CD! It is by far the very best version ever recorded next to Billy Steward's. Vermettya Royster [[Sisters Love) who I always say is the female Carl Hall sings a mean version as well.

brother_love
07-06-2015, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQkpU4FToI

Carl sings his heart out on Let The Music Begin, produced and arranged by Jack Nitzsche.