PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Gaye & His Girls

test

mysterysinger
06-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know what is "deluxe" or "DVD" about this Motown release?

http://www.alibris.co.uk/Marvin-Gaye-His-Girls-Deluxe-DVD-Marvin-Gaye/music/401818869?matches=7

reese
06-30-2015, 03:05 PM
The DVD notation is probably a mistake. Other than the three Marvin/Tammi tv spots that have surfaced, I don't think there's enough [[if any) material of him singing with his other partners to make a dvd.

carole cucumber
06-30-2015, 04:22 PM
My guess is that someone who was doing the online cataloging from the various sellers noticed the 2007 UMVD designation under the"Music Details" heading and assumed that the last 2 letters indicated a DVD release. If only they had looked further and seen that every entry listed was either cd or vinyl.
Or....
noting that.....
If you type 'Marvin & His Girls' into the music search engine,
http://www.alibris.co.uk/musicsearch?keyword=Marvin+%26+His+Girls&mtype=M&hs.x=0&hs.y=0&hs=Submit
you'll note 2 different designations, which should have actually been combined into 1.
Had the person typing entries been paying attention, he/she would have noted that designation #1 included cassette & lp only and #2 mostly cd [[with 2 lp's included)

Bluebrock
07-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Did he ever perform on tv with Mary Wells or Kim Weston? If so I know nothing about them.
He certainly did not perform on tv with Diana, in fact his tv appearances as a solo artist appear sparse in comparison with some of his Motown colleagues.

reese
07-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Did he ever perform on tv with Mary Wells or Kim Weston? If so I know nothing about them.
He certainly did not perform on tv with Diana, in fact his tv appearances as a solo artist appear sparse in comparison with some of his Motown colleagues.

Aside from Tammi, I don't think he performed any of his duet partners on tv. I believe Mary and Kim had already left the company by the time their hits were released. In the booklet for his THE REAL THING dvd, it says that on one show, he sang IT TAKES TWO with a stuffed doll.

Bluebrock
07-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Aside from Tammi, I don't think he performed any of his duet partners on tv. I believe Mary and Kim had already left the company by the time their hits were released. In the booklet for his THE REAL THING dvd, it says that on one show, he sang IT TAKES TWO with a stuffed doll.
Really? Not sure I want to see that particular performance!

mysterysinger
07-01-2015, 12:43 PM
This release seems an odd choice though to me. It has already seen a regular Motown CD issue so why suddenly re-issue it in 2007?

arr&bee
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
aside from tammi, i don't think he performed any of his duet partners on tv. I believe mary and kim had already left the company by the time their hits were released. In the booklet for his the real thing dvd, it says that on one show, he sang it takes two with a stuffed doll.did the doll have any spoken lines?