PDA

View Full Version : Brownie eyes-clifford brown

test

arr&bee
06-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Just a shoutout to all jazz fans,how many are hip to the cool sounds of the late great clifford brown? Who laid down some very nice tracks some on this great lp,he was well on his way when he left us at 26yrs of age..one of the alltime greats,those with any of his music know it too!

thomas96
06-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Best trumpet player ever. His quintet with Max Roach may be the best lineup of any musicians ever. Such a tragedy that he and Richie were killed at such a young age. And he was one of the very few jazz musicians then that stayed away from the bottle and the needle. If he hadn't passed he could have had a legacy greater than that of Miles Davis. Hymn of the Orient may be my favorite song of his. On Memorial Album. One of my greatest inspirations.

splanky
06-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Wow, Clifford talk on SDF?...Surprised again...I was listening to my Clifford and Max Roach
Live at Basin Street yesterday. He was a treasure...

RobertZ
06-27-2015, 08:00 AM
There are quite a few of us here who love jazz along with our soul / r&b! I love "Clifford Brown With Strings" but I'm not an educated fan [[yet!) of Mr. Brown - this may be a compilation. Thanks for the post - this will be my "education about Clifford Brown" weekend!

arr&bee
06-27-2015, 12:49 PM
best trumpet player ever. His quintet with max roach may be the best lineup of any musicians ever. Such a tragedy that he and richie were killed at such a young age. And he was one of the very few jazz musicians then that stayed away from the bottle and the needle. If he hadn't passed he could have had a legacy greater than that of miles davis. Hymn of the orient may be my favorite song of his. On memorial album. One of my greatest inspirations.i agree,i love miles,but clifford was surely on his way up fast,and more than likely would've had an even greater career than miles,but we'll never know.