PDA

View Full Version : Mental Illness + cheap guns + endemic racism = ?

test

RobertZ
06-18-2015, 02:52 PM
What a disgrace. Bravo to President Obama for his statement. Prayers to all.

soulster
06-18-2015, 05:25 PM
When a Black person kills, it is always seen as a deliberate act. Whenever a white person kills, people always want to say the killer was mentally ill, or some BS, so people will have sympathy for them.

RobertZ
06-18-2015, 07:46 PM
When a Black person kills, it is always seen as a deliberate act. Whenever a white person kills, people always want to say the killer was mentally ill, or some BS, so people will have sympathy for them.

Well THAT was not my intention at all. I have no sympathy for this killer whatsoever. I think the despicable act was absolutely deliberate and [[I think) caused by the 3 things I mentioned. But I do agree with your first sentence, at least in terms of media and court interpretation.

marv2
06-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Well THAT was not my intention at all. I have no sympathy for this killer whatsoever. I think the despicable act was absolutely deliberate and [[I think) caused by the 3 things I mentioned. But I do agree with your first sentence, at least in terms of media and court interpretation.

But of course you would agree with his first sentence....................

marv2
06-18-2015, 10:06 PM
What a disgrace. Bravo to President Obama for his statement. Prayers to all.

It wasn't a disgrace. It was a crime, it was murder! A disgrace is pissing on yourself in public.

Roberta75
06-18-2015, 10:23 PM
Sadly its the honest to God truths.

soulster
06-18-2015, 10:27 PM
It wasn't a disgrace. It was a crime, it was murder! A disgrace is pissing on yourself in public. It is also a disgrace because it could still happen in 2015!

marv2
06-18-2015, 10:49 PM
It is also a disgrace because it could still happen in 2015!

Look , ain't nothing changed much from 1955 -2015 there is still and has always been deep seated racism and hatred toward black people in America!

Roberta75
06-18-2015, 10:55 PM
It wasn't a disgrace. It was a crime, it was murder! A disgrace is pissing on yourself in public.

It is a disgrace a disgrace that so many bigots have guns and guns are so easy to get now thats a real disgrace. shm just smh.

Roberta75
06-18-2015, 10:56 PM
It is also a disgrace because it could still happen in 2015!

Amen soulster. Amen.

RobertZ
06-19-2015, 05:29 AM
Amen soulster. Amen.
Yes, my point precisely.

soulster
06-19-2015, 07:36 AM
And, here we go yet again! Black people forgiving someone for killing family. Man, I am serious! When White people get killed, you never see their family forgiving the perp. Never.

And, again, when it's a white guy doing the killing, he's a 'troubled young man" who "got off on the wrong path". It's the same as saying: "Oh, it's OK that you killed my child. Y'all can just keep killin' us. It's allright. I forgive you because it's God's will. Ohhhhh!!!!" But, if a Black guy kills, he's a thug, an animal! he should be killed! The gun nuts talk about arming themselves. The politicians talk about wasting taxpayer money on social programs. You know it would have happened if it had been a Black man shooting up White people in a church.

soulster
06-19-2015, 07:38 AM
Look , ain't nothing changed much from 1955 -2015 there is still and has always been deep seated racism and hatred toward black people in America! I know it! You're not schoolin' me on anything I don't know! They hate that we exist. Most people just don't say anything in public, but you know that's what a lot of people are thinking. I cannot trust and look at the person next to me and think positive. And, people want to call me negative, a pessimist. Shit like this is why.

marv2
06-19-2015, 10:12 AM
I know it! You're not schoolin' me on anything I don't know! They hate that we exist. Most people just don't say anything in public, but you know that's what a lot of people are thinking. I cannot trust and look at the person next to me and think positive. And, people want to call me negative, a pessimist. Shit like this is why.

Here's the deal, the truth. Had that been a white church [[yes we still have segregated churches in America!) and a young black man walked in off the street and just sat down during one of their functions/services, he would have immediately raised suspicion! The people at that church in Charleston, SC did not bat an eye when this Dylan Roof came into their church and sat around for an hour........until he started murdering them!

soulster
06-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Speak on, brother!

Roberta75
06-19-2015, 05:04 PM
And this idiot from the NRA just PROVE the need for strict strict strict Gun Control. May God forgive him for his hate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/19/guns-church-charleston_n_7621988.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

soulster
06-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Let God forgive him I don't have to.

MotownSteve
06-19-2015, 07:03 PM
And this idiot from the NRA just PROVE the need for strict strict strict Gun Control. May God forgive him for his hate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/19/guns-church-charleston_n_7621988.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Idiot is too kind.

RobertZ
06-21-2015, 11:52 AM

I agree, Ms. Roberta - I've posted the article on my Facebook page and thank you for it. I believe the NRA is one of the remaining socially acceptable masks for white supremacy groups and they need to be brought down or at least under control. Gun control should be a major part of the platform of any candidate for the upcoming presidential race and indeed any politician, local or otherwise. The group has done far too much harm. I hope you have a wonderful first day of summer and good memories of fathers you may have known. Best, Robert

soulster
06-21-2015, 12:26 PM
But, let's see how far the republicans cower under pressure from the NRA this time. I predict that it will be the same as always.

Jerry Oz
06-21-2015, 02:27 PM
But, let's see how far the republicans cower under pressure from the NRA this time. I predict that it will be the same as always.Yeah, there was a Black senator on 'Face the Nation' who wouldn't offer a personal opinion on the flag. He said that he'd wait until there was a dialog at the state house and add his opinion then. Then he went on to say that 'the laws designed to keep guns out of church didn't prevent this, so we have to revisit that'. Read: Pass a law that permits people to carry guns anywhere they want to in South Carolina. It's crazy. It's less about Black or White for some people than it is about money and this guy clearly is on the dole of the NRA to suggest that.

marv2
06-21-2015, 11:49 PM
It is a disgrace a disgrace that so many bigots have guns and guns are so easy to get now thats a real disgrace. shm just smh.

A disgrace to who?

soulster
06-21-2015, 11:54 PM
You know it's crazy when even the kkk came out and condemned that terrorist act. They say that it was wrong to kill christian people while they were praying. What's this twisted world coming to?

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 02:55 AM
A disgrace to who?

A disgrace that there are so many guns in the hands of bigots a disgrace that there are hundreds of millions of guns in this here country a disgrace that the NRA have so much power and a disgrace that Ive got even explain this to you.

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 02:57 AM
Yeah, there was a Black senator on 'Face the Nation' who wouldn't offer a personal opinion on the flag. He said that he'd wait until there was a dialog at the state house and add his opinion then. Then he went on to say that 'the laws designed to keep guns out of church didn't prevent this, so we have to revisit that'. Read: Pass a law that permits people to carry guns anywhere they want to in South Carolina. It's crazy. It's less about Black or White for some people than it is about money and this guy clearly is on the dole of the NRA to suggest that.

Smh just smh at every politician whos in bed with the NRA. Theyve all blood on they hands IMO.

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Wake up America we have a huge problem.

RobertZ
06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
After more news since the Charleston Holocaust I have indeed revised my initial opinion. The killer was not mentally ill but simply a hateful POS who carried out a planned agenda. I regret if I was offensive to anyone in my initial opinion of the murderer; "live and learn", and I do learn from my fellow posters on this forum.

marv2
06-22-2015, 09:12 AM
A disgrace that there are so many guns in the hands of bigots a disgrace that there are hundreds of millions of guns in this here country a disgrace that the NRA have so much power and a disgrace that Ive got even explain this to you.

You did not answer the question. A disgrace to who?

soulster
06-22-2015, 11:32 AM
After more news since the Charleston Holocaust I have indeed revised my initial opinion. The killer was not mentally ill but simply a hateful POS who carried out a planned agenda. I regret if I was offensive to anyone in my initial opinion of the murderer; "live and learn", and I do learn from my fellow posters on this forum.
Relax! No one's offended. You had an opinion. You revised it. It's OK!

The case could be made that racism is a mental illness, which it is. It involves a fair amount of delusional thinking. Still - and i'm not playing the race card - whenever a Black person does something like this [[and it is much more rare), they are simply called animals and thugs. No one questions their mental stability, or their upbringing, or their influences. But, a White guy does it, and, even though his actions are condemned, people will make some kind of excuse for him. But, notice the subtle nuance here: they say this young man committed a despicable act, while would just call the Black man despicable. See that?

And, lets not get started on that confederate flag. Any takers? :)

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 11:59 AM
You did not answer the question. A disgrace to who?

Kiss my grits dear. Youre the disgrace on this here thread trying to start trouble on a thread discussing the brutal murder of 9 people in a church by a racist maniac.

marv2
06-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Kiss my grits dear. Youre the disgrace on this here thread trying to start trouble on a thread discussing the brutal murder of 9 people in a church by a racist maniac.

The answer I was looking for was that it is a disgrace to HUMANITY! Black Lives Matter.............All Lives Matter! Your heart and mind are so filled with hatred and bitterness that you cannot see that even though it is right in front of your face! You need to be recalled for retraining....................

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 03:49 PM
The answer I was looking for was that it is a disgrace to HUMANITY! Black Lives Matter.............All Lives Matter! Your heart and mind are so filled with hatred and bitterness that you cannot see that even though it is right in front of your face! You need to be recalled for retraining....................

Stop it just darned well stop your bulls**t and games and warpness. ALL LIVES MATTER and that includes EVERYONE regardless of SKIN COLOR or SEXUAL ORIENTATION. If anyone needs retraining its you.

marv2
06-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Stop it just darned well stop your bulls**t and games and warpness. ALL LIVES MATTER and that includes EVERYONE regardless of SKIN COLOR or SEXUAL ORIENTATION. If anyone needs retraining its you.

Now church lady, it is out there for everyone to see.............

I rest my case!

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 04:57 PM

I rest my case!

Well your bigoted statements and hate and vile comments are on youtube for everyone to see so I rest my case. unlike you I dont spread or embrace hate.

Do this here forum a favor and Block me and ill block you.

marv2
06-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Well your bigoted statements and hate and vile comments are on youtube for everyone to see so I rest my case. unlike you I dont spread or embrace hate.

Do this here forum a favor and Block me and ill block you.

I am not a bigot. You and your buddies can call me every filthy name to your hearts desire,but never call me a bigot!

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 05:27 PM
I am not a bigot. You and your buddies can call me every filthy name to your hearts desire,but never call me a bigot!

Your not? well you youtube comments tell a different tale. Now i know whats your game is your trying to get Ralph to come into this thread and save you again and ban me but it isnt going to work. Now show some decency and show dignity and respect for the 9 people that were brutally murdered in they church and stop picking fights.

marv2
06-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Your not? well you youtube comments tell a different tale. Now i know whats your game is your trying to get Ralph to come into this thread and save you again and ban me but it isnt going to work. Now show some decency and show dignity and respect for the 9 people that were brutally murdered in they church and stop picking fights.

I do not know what you are talking about.

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 07:05 PM
I do not know what you are talking about.

You know exactly what im talking about. This is usual standard response when you are called out on the carpet for your hypocrissy.

Now im done with you and i refuse to let you degrade this important thread with your catfights and nonnsense.

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 07:22 PM
It allways start in the home.

RobertZ
06-22-2015, 07:44 PM
It allways start in the home.

I'm not so sure about the "Always", Ms. Roberta. The children today spend hours on their phones and the internet, and the news is full of "politicians" babbling about "taking our country back" which is a codified mask for white supremacy. Then again the "at home" statement IS correct - because the young ones can be corrected by their parents if the parents are around enough to teach them.

Roberta75
06-22-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm not so sure about the "Always", Ms. Roberta. The children today spend hours on their phones and the internet, and the news is full of "politicians" babbling about "taking our country back" which is a codified mask for white supremacy. Then again the "at home" statement IS correct - because the young ones can be corrected by their parents if the parents are around enough to teach them.

I hear you baby but children dont come into this world hating they learn hating in the home.

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta

jobeterob
06-22-2015, 10:05 PM
When you have angry people, mentally unstable people, racists, people suffering from severe medical conditions such as PTSD and schizophrenia and you give them easy access to guns of all kinds ~ you end up with these senseless acts.

It's a shame that they stay in the news for a day or two and are then replaced a week later by other similar stories.

It is amazing that a country that prides itself on being an outstanding example to other countries has such archaic and obsolete laws that do not protect your society at all ~ all in the name of individual rights.

detmotownguy
06-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi Marv... You have never acted like a bigot. We have had some offline frank and reasonable discussion on this very subject a while back. You are well read. I don't see all the posts because of the blocking feature; but it is funny for someone that dislikes you there sure is much interest in your postings!

detmotownguy
06-23-2015, 01:09 AM

I rest my case!
Such vile language from a church "lady".

Jerry Oz
06-23-2015, 01:15 AM
When you have angry people, mentally unstable people, racists, people suffering from severe medical conditions such as PTSD and schizophrenia and you give them easy access to guns of all kinds ~ you end up with these senseless acts.

It's a shame that they stay in the news for a day or two and are then replaced a week later by other similar stories.

It is amazing that a country that prides itself on being an outstanding example to other countries has such archaic and obsolete laws that do not protect your society at all ~ all in the name of individual rights.
Individual rights until it comes to an individual wanting an abortion, to marry someone of the same sex, or vote without undue restraint. The people who claim to believe in individual rights are also [[by and large) those who want to tell others how to live. And as far as staying in the news for a short time, do you remember the 'outrage' after the Sandy Hook massacre? The politicians said that gun control was a bad idea and that they'd focus on preventing mentally deficient people from getting access to firearms. Take a guess as to how well they've done in that regard.

If a school full of dead babies and a church full of Christians can't shake this country up, then nothing will. The only thing that will give our elected officials pause would be someone shooting up a chamber of congressmen and senators. [[I didn't mention the president because I think they'd like that.)

soulster
06-23-2015, 03:19 AM
Do not feed the troll!

Roberta75
06-23-2015, 07:46 AM
Such vile language from a church "lady".

Really!!!!!!! Thats all you have to contribute? Nothing about the murder of 9 innocent people worshipping in a church gunned down by a racist and hateful and disgusting bigot. Smh just smh.

Roberta75
06-23-2015, 11:15 AM
These statitstics should scare everyone. What the heck is wrong with the far right in this here country.

marv2
06-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Cops Bought Dylan Roof Burger King Hours After Charleston Shooting…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/23/dylann-roof-burger-king_n_7645216.html

RobertZ
06-23-2015, 02:45 PM
These statitstics should scare everyone. What the heck is wrong with the far right in this here country.
Just about everything's wrong with the far right, if you ask me! It's my opinion that the far right, the confederate flag, the NRA, the tea party, and many more examples are really institutionalized and "cleverly" hidden white supremecist groups.

RobertZ
06-23-2015, 02:56 PM
What are some good ideas we can all use to keep the gun control and police brutality issues in the faces of the presidential candidates and also [[very important!) our local politicians in the coming months? I never vote for anyone anti-gun control -

Roberta75
06-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Just about everything's wrong with the far right, if you ask me! It's my opinion that the far right, the confederate flag, the NRA, the tea party, and many more examples are really institutionalized and "cleverly" hidden white supremecist groups.

Preach RobertZ preach dear. Everything you say is true.

Fondly,

Roberta

Jerry Oz
06-23-2015, 06:37 PM
The mainstream media ignores this as an issue. They're just as afraid of NRA boycotts as politicians are of losing support. In spite of anything you want to believe, the nine people who were killed last week are as important to your congressman [[and mine) as the 24 dead babies at Sandy Hook - not at all. Neither do they give two shits about the 100+ thousand people who died by gunfire in the last ten years.

RobertZ
06-23-2015, 07:26 PM
The mainstream media ignores this as an issue. They're just as afraid of NRA boycotts as politicians are of losing support. In spite of anything you want to believe, the nine people who were killed last week are as important to your congressman [[and mine) as the 24 dead babies at Sandy Hook - not at all. Neither do they give two shits about the 100+ thousand people who died by him fire in the last ten years.

100% right; for most pols these holocausts are a photo op. But popular revolt just may bring down the confederate flag - so ultimately the NRA could be brought under control. The question is how. A group like Mothers Against Drunk Driving would be a start.

marv2
06-23-2015, 08:56 PM
What are some good ideas we can all use to keep the gun control and police brutality issues in the faces of the presidential candidates and also [[very important!) our local politicians in the coming months? I never vote for anyone anti-gun control -

They will keep themselves in the news! There will be others that will go out and commit mass shootings, in America racism is forever and the police are "frighten" blood thirsty goons from sea to shining sea! We don't need to do much.....................

marv2
06-23-2015, 08:58 PM
The mainstream media ignores this as an issue. They're just as afraid of NRA boycotts as politicians are of losing support. In spite of anything you want to believe, the nine people who were killed last week are as important to your congressman [[and mine) as the 24 dead babies at Sandy Hook - not at all. Neither do they give two shits about the 100+ thousand people who died by him fire in the last ten years.

Jerry, that is the truth. We all saw how much the murders of children at Sandy Hook, CT impacted lawmakers to enact tougher gun control laws.......................

RobertZ
06-24-2015, 08:10 AM
Today from the NY Times:
"Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims."
[[And that only accounts for killings)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

Jerry Oz
06-24-2015, 10:47 PM
RobertZ, to put it in blunt perspective you have to consider that Americans use guns to kill 3-5 times more than died in the World Trade Centers and Pentagon attacks. We are by far the greatest enemy that we face but we move hell and Earth to stop the terrorists [[thank God!) but we do literally nothing to stop ourselves.

marv2
06-24-2015, 11:03 PM
RobertZ, to put it in blunt perspective you have to consider that Americans use guns to kill 3-5 times more than died in the World Trade Centers and Pentagon attacks. We are by far the greatest enemy that we face but we move hell and Earth to stop the terrorists [[thank God!) but we do literally nothing to stop ourselves.

We are a country of racists and hypocrites. Immediately following the 2nd World Trade Center attack aka "9/11", many Americans became outright hostile towards all Muslims and Middle Eastern peoples! Six years earlier when Timothy McVey blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma, no one acted hostile towards white American males because of it. That is a fact!

soulster
06-25-2015, 12:33 AM
We are a country of racists and hypocrites. Immediately following the 2nd World Trade Center attack aka "9/11", many Americans became outright hostile towards all Muslims and Middle Eastern peoples! Six years earlier when Timothy McVey blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma, no one acted hostile towards white American males because of it. That is a fact!

Excellent point!

Jerry Oz
06-25-2015, 12:52 AM
I'll never forget the news reports about Americans of Middle Eastern descent who were harassed and terrorized in wake of the attacks. Most of them dressed in traditional garb and bore little resemblance to the killers, who dressed in Western clothing and were clean shaven so they could blend in with the rest of us. The people who attacked innocent Arab-Americans didn't even take effort to do their profile right.

The same way that a Black doctor can expect the cops to treat him the same way as they treat a Black gang member. All they need to see is your skin.

RobertZ
06-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Absolutely - there was just an article in the NY Times giving statistics about domestic terror victims here in the US being double the rate of foreign terror killings; and that did not even include "regular" [[sorry; a better word is not coming to mind) gun violence.