PDA

View Full Version : The Supremes star Mary Wilson is at Cairns Civic Theatre with her solo show Up Close

test

marv2
06-10-2015, 10:02 PM
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/entertainment/the-supremes-star-mary-wilson-is-at-cairns-civic-theatre-with-her-solo-show-up-close/story-fnjput3w-1227382999053

milven
06-12-2015, 01:59 PM
I think her Up Close show would do well in NYC at the 54 Below Supper Club. [[It is the basement of the old Studio 54. Main floor is now a Broadway Theatre) I recently saw Melba Moore there and it is a nice venue. Also saw Ben Vereen there. I think if Mary would do her Up Close Show there as Mary Wilson - not Mary Wilson of The Supremes, it would do well there. Of course, it would also have to be heavily promoted because Mary has spent too much time promoting herself as a Supreme instead of Mary Wilson. She has some great songs that she does in her cabaret shows and she could even include a nice slow bluesy ballad version of MY WORLD IS EMPTY WITHOUT YOU to link herself to the Supremes and mention them in her act. But that should be it. She's got a fine cabaret act that would play well in NYC. Leave the Supremes songs to when she is in oldies shows with other oldies acts.