PDA

View Full Version : Well,let's just let the classic temptations sing it!!

test

arr&bee
06-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Hey my temptaholics[hi marv]how many times have you heard a song by another group and thought[man the temps would have a hit with that]for me the drifter gem..don't go please stay-with david on lead..it would still be selling..what cha got?

marv2
06-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Hey my temptaholics[hi marv]how many times have you heard a song by another group and thought[man the temps would have a hit with that]for me the drifter gem..don't go please stay-with david on lead..it would still be selling..what cha got?

For me it was a song that came out years after the classic Temptations had disbanded. I'm talking about the song "It's You That I Need" by Enchantment in 1978:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgF7Q48Kn9M

jboy88
06-09-2015, 04:16 PM
I'm probably going to piss off a lot of people for saying this, but I think "We Remember Sam Cooke", should of been cut on the Temptations instead of the Supremes. Diana Ross, IMO, doesn't have the same gusto and rawness Sam had. [[though she does have that crossover appeal) Paul and definitely David would of don the songs more justice. A Ruffin led take of "A Change is Gonna Come" just might of rivaled Sam's for the definitive version.

Bluebrock
06-10-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm probably going to piss off a lot of people for saying this, but I think "We Remember Sam Cooke", should of been cut on the Temptations instead of the Supremes. Diana Ross, IMO, doesn't have the same gusto and rawness Sam had. [[though she does have that crossover appeal) Paul and definitely David would of don the songs more justice. A Ruffin led take of "A Change is Gonna Come" just might of rivaled Sam's for the definitive version.
Good point jboy88. Ruffin could have killed "acigc". If only........

Cadeho
06-13-2015, 01:44 AM
I could hear the Tempts on the Chi-Lites "Are You My Woman." I would have loved if the Tempts did do a version of "Do You Love Me."

lockhartgary
06-13-2015, 12:52 PM
"[[For God's Sake) Give More Power To The People" by the Chi-Lites. Certainly is structured and produced like a Whitfield-Strong composition.

sansradio
06-13-2015, 03:17 PM
I could hear the Tempts on the Chi-Lites "Are You My Woman." I would have loved if the Tempts did do a version of "Do You Love Me."

There's an Ali Ollie Woodson-era Tempts version of "Do You Love Me" on the BG tribute album "The Music, The Magic, The Memories of Motown":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEnH_Pb_tvg

arr&bee
06-20-2015, 07:05 PM
How about the impressions classic[gypsy woman]with paul on lead.

marv2
06-20-2015, 09:45 PM
How about the impressions classic[gypsy woman]with paul on lead.

Now that would have been a good one. It would have have been interesting to hear Melvin on that lead too.

arr&bee
06-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Haaaaaaaaa,marv you and i are twins seperated at birth...i was thinking [melvin]too!!

Detroitspride
08-07-2017, 03:32 PM
The sweetest thing this side of heaven! The Tempts wouldve lit that one up!

Motown Eddie
08-07-2017, 03:57 PM
I could see The Temptations doing a great job on The Dramatics' "What 'Cha See Is What 'Cha Get".

biggestfourtops fan
08-07-2017, 04:47 PM

You're 100% right. It just sounded all wrong and puny. Liked HAVING A PARTY though. DAVID would've murdered Sam Cooke songs.

Motown Eddie
08-08-2017, 05:37 AM
How about The Tempts doing The Drifters' "Sweets For My Sweet"? I can hear Paul Williams rockin' on the lead vocals and The Funk Bros. doing a killer backing track for the song.

splanky
08-08-2017, 09:34 AM
The sweetest thing this side of heaven! The Tempts wouldve lit that one up!

The funny thing is that I think they would have loved to have
covered that song. I'll never forget how they sang just the title lyric
live on the London Talk Of The Town release...Anyway, I think both
the classic five and the next era line up could have tore up most of the catalogs of The Chi-lites, Dramatics, Delfonics and Dells. No
offense to the great Marvin jr and his crew but I would have loved to
hear a Tempts cover of The Love We Had....

Motown Eddie
08-08-2017, 03:28 PM
One more song that The Temptations would sound great doing; The Miracles' "I Think We Can Make It" [[with Eddie Kendricks doing the lead vocal). Although The Miracles' 1962 version of the song was left in the vaults [[until the release of their Lost and Found: Along Came Love set), it still think would've made a great single [[or LP cut).