PDA

View Full Version : Rochelle Fleming interview

test

funkyone71
05-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Hello soul music lovers! Below is a link to my interview with Rochelle Fleming of First Choice. Hope you enjoy.

http://soultrain.com/2015/05/27/qa-rochelle-fleming-of-first-choice/

RobertZ
05-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Great read; thanks for posting. Ms. Fleming was quite poised for a high-schooler, wasn't she? I regret I devalued FC as "wannabees" for too long and have been steadily getting back into their music; really good quality and excellently sung.

theboyfromxtown
05-28-2015, 10:58 AM
I enjoyed it. Thank you for the link

funkyone71
05-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your cmments everyone!

midnightman
05-29-2015, 06:07 PM
First Choice had a very unique sound, they were the Queens of the Salsoul sound. Interesting that the women were barely 18 when Armed and Extremely Dangerous came out! Rochelle's "OH YEAH!" vocal from Let No Man Put Asunder has been sampled so many times that she's a clear example of a vocalist who needs to be a millionaire just based off the samples alone even if she wasn't the writer!

EDIT: Just read below that she's starting to get residuals from it so that's good.

midnightman
05-29-2015, 06:18 PM
LOL at Stevie singing along to Smarty Pants and Rochelle telling him to be quiet. XD

marv2
05-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Rochelle Fleming, unique and special talent. I met her before in Philly, my best buddy from college is her dentist! LOL! Very nice lady that can sing her face off!

marv2
05-29-2015, 10:10 PM
First Choice had a very unique sound, they were the Queens of the Salsoul sound. Interesting that the women were barely 18 when Armed and Extremely Dangerous came out! Rochelle's "OH YEAH!" vocal from Let No Man Put Asunder has been sampled so many times that she's a clear example of a vocalist who needs to be a millionaire just based off the samples alone even if she wasn't the writer!

EDIT: Just read below that she's starting to get residuals from it so that's good.

Midnightman, did you know that at least once a week on NYC's major Urban radio station, WBLS , they play Rochelle with First Choice's "It's A Love Thang [[Treat Me Right") and have done so every week for the last 20 years!

marv2
05-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your cmments everyone!

Thank you Funkyone71 for sharing this interview with a most under recognized star with us.

marv2
05-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Joyce Jones, the third original member of the trio "First Choice" had a somewhat crude video of herself up on Youtube just a few years ago reminding viewers who she was and the group "First Choice. if I can find it again, I will post it here.

marv2
05-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Found it! Here's Joyce Jones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anuQjJLQfCM

midnightman
05-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Midnightman, did you know that at least once a week on NYC's major Urban radio station, WBLS , they play Rochelle with First Choice's "It's A Love Thang [[Treat Me Right") and have done so every week for the last 20 years!

I actually didn't. Lol it took me years to realize that Chubb Rock sampled that song...once I heard the original, I was like "WAIT Chubb sampled that!" Lmao :)

funkyone71
05-31-2015, 07:30 AM
You are more than welcome Marv!! I'm thankful that you enjoyed it.

JimBagley
01-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Thank you Funkyone. Love Rochelle Fleming and First Choice.