PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle Chokes on The View

test

jobeterob
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-7OCzJC4o

reese
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Not bad at all. I think if she had just kept on singing and not called attention to it, it probably wouldn't have been noticed as much. Of course, I think it is moments like this that endear her to so many anyway.

glencro
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Sheri & Whoopi handled the situation very well. I also think she should have continued singing, it happens to the best of them.

carlo
12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Susan Boyle is turning into Whitney!

marxthespot_
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
FYI - Right after the live broadcast that morning, Susan Boyle re-did the song completely for the west coast broadcast of "The View." .....See below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0goOTeNq2rQ

jobeterob
12-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Susan Boyle earns first $15 million

Fairy tale discovery of Scottish singer leads to riches and fame.

The fairy tale story of Susan Boyle, 49, continues. After being discovered last year by Simon Cowell and his fellow judges on the TV show Britain's Got Talent, the penniless singer has fame and riches. Flash forward just 18 months later, and the Scottish singing sensation has amassed nearly $15 million.

Seen by nearly 300 million people, her first YouTube appearance made her an early favourite to win the 2009 season of the show.

In addition to receiving a Grammy nomination last week, Susan Boyle has already sold 10 million copies of her first two albums, I Dreamed a Dream and The Gift, the latter having been released a month ago.

One of the reasons for Boyle’s unusually successful record sales is that the singer’s fan base is older and reluctant to illegally download material.

"Unlike a lot of artists who write songs and have heavy touring commitments, most of Susan's income has come from old-fashioned record sales, mostly CDs as opposed to downloads due to the nature of her fanbase,” said Cliff Dane of the Sunday Times.

jillfoster
12-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Susan Boyle earns first $15 million

Fairy tale discovery of Scottish singer leads to riches and fame.

The fairy tale story of Susan Boyle, 49, continues. After being discovered last year by Simon Cowell and his fellow judges on the TV show Britain's Got Talent, the penniless singer has fame and riches. Flash forward just 18 months later, and the Scottish singing sensation has amassed nearly $15 million.

Seen by nearly 300 million people, her first YouTube appearance made her an early favourite to win the 2009 season of the show.

In addition to receiving a Grammy nomination last week, Susan Boyle has already sold 10 million copies of her first two albums, I Dreamed a Dream and The Gift, the latter having been released a month ago.

One of the reasons for Boyle’s unusually successful record sales is that the singer’s fan base is older and reluctant to illegally download material.

"Unlike a lot of artists who write songs and have heavy touring commitments, most of Susan's income has come from old-fashioned record sales, mostly CDs as opposed to downloads due to the nature of her fanbase,” said Cliff Dane of the Sunday Times.

Yesiree Bob... and what was that I and many other have been saying about playing to the "forgotten" older audience? The suits think only kids buy music. Will they ever learn their lesson? I kind of doubt it. They'll probably ask the government for a bailout.

jobeterob
12-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Ya, true............she's definitely an old frump that did it her way. Good for her.

positivesoul
12-08-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm not very familiar with her or her talent. I suspect that it truly is enormously genuine although so far she doesn't interest me. So without taking away from her legitimacy at all, I still observe that her "moment" on the View highlights the level of professionalism that usually comes only after a singer has more performance experience under their belt, reaching a level of fame gradually, the old fashioned way. This will likely never happen to her again because she's now aware of what's it's like to arrive at that awkward point of vocal malfunction and she will know how to lessen its impact. Soon she'll probably look back and laugh as she recalls when she was this inexperienced.