05-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Back when music was just fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mLjZRAXRRA

PhillyKen
05-24-2015, 09:39 PM
He'll tell you to this day.."he hates this song"

Soul Sister
05-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Anthony is a friend, I've known Anthony since 1965.
Ironically, he told me decades later my husband was a major influence on him, as well as every other artist he knew back in the day.

He still sing s "Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop" in his show today.

S.S.

theboyfromxtown
05-25-2015, 10:33 AM
He'll tell you to this day.."he hates this song"

That's too bad. I love it.

marv2
05-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Anthony is a friend, I've known Anthony since 1965.
Ironically, he told me decades later my husband was a major influence on him, as well as every other artist he knew back in the day.

He still sing s "Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop" in his show today.

S.S.

Sister! That photo made my day! Thank you.

Marv

splanky
05-25-2015, 12:15 PM
I would guess that it's because of some of the lyrics that Anthony could come to hate
that song but it was a lot of fun to me as a kid and it did hit big. Fortunately for Anthony
he and his group did chart with quite a few other more...mature, I would say, songs and
Anthony kept his gifts for a very long time. Not a lot of singers in popular music could say
that. I saw him back in the 90's and was stunned by how he could still knock Hurts So Bad
out of the park....

marv2
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
I would guess that it's because of some of the lyrics that Anthony could come to hate
that song but it was a lot of fun to me as a kid and it did hit big. Fortunately for Anthony
he and his group did chart with quite a few other more...mature, I would say, songs and
Anthony kept his gifts for a very long time. Not a lot of singers in popular music could say
that. I saw him back in the 90's and was stunned by how he could still knock Hurts So Bad
out of the park....

Is it safe to say that Anthony & the Imperials were Icons of an era? I loved their music!

Soul Sister
05-26-2015, 01:38 AM
marv2, you're welcome.

LA & TI are among the top groups of the 50's & esp. 60's era's. They made their mark.
They still sound great today Anthony's voice is still amazing.
For me their best album was done in 1965 with all the great Teddy Randazzo Productions.

S.S.

marv2
05-26-2015, 04:58 PM
marv2, you're welcome.

LA & TI are among the top groups of the 50's & esp. 60's era's. They made their mark.
They still sound great today Anthony's voice is still amazing.
For me their best album was done in 1965 with all the great Teddy Randazzo Productions.

S.S.

I agree. Their Teddy Randazzo produced recordings are classics!

Soul Sister
05-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Teddy arranged & produced amazing songs for:
Little Anthony & The Imper.ials
Derek Martin
The Royalettes
are among my favor.ites..........

S.S.