05-13-2015, 11:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8cSNsrxNCg

marybrewster
05-13-2015, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8cSNsrxNCg

Jesus! Diana and those eyes!

Methuselah2
05-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Fantastic find, Carole! Thanks so much for posting. Never saw this routine from Hullabaloo before and never expected to. What a wonderful, true surprise. Ooo-wee! I'm satisfied . . . so-o-o-o satisfi-i-i-i-ed.

[[I assume this is from the show where they performed their current hit at the time--COME SEE ABOUT ME. But this medley is the part of the show that I hadn't seen. How terrific to see it now. The early, formative stuff is always such a huge rush for me. As great as The Supremes became, their performances leading up to that are of immense interest and joy to me--because they were so great right from the start. Thank you again, Carole.)

Methuselah2
05-13-2015, 06:59 PM
From what I can tell, it originally aired 1/26/65. A mere 50 yrs. ago. Oh, my. Another time. Another place. Another world.

soulballad
05-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Thanks for posting, this is one of my favorite early clips!

johnjeb
05-13-2015, 08:44 PM
From what I can tell, it originally aired 1/26/65. A mere 50 yrs. ago. Oh, my. Another time. Another place. Another world.

The first time I ever saw them on TV. Just one month after getting my WDOLG album for Christmas. I wasn't even aware that they were going to be on, I was surprised and thrilled that I was going to see my favorite group.

It wasn't until years later that I found out that I had missed them on Ed Sullivan one month earlier over the Christmas holiday weekend. I was probably too busy listening to my brand new album to watch Ed Sullivan that night!

rrussi
05-14-2015, 08:21 AM
I always loved the way Diana did her eyes. I think Maxine Powell got her to stop, but I liked it!

BigAl
05-14-2015, 08:29 AM
How I missed this when it aired is a mystery to me because I tried to catch every Hullaballoo and Shindig episode. In my recollection, I never saw any two of the gals wearing identical wigs, either, as Flo and Mary are in this performance. A very interesting clip on many levels. Thanks for posting.