theboyfromxtown
05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
where the action is

theboyfromxtown
05-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Oh ma gawd....oh ma gawd....ph my gawd

danman869
05-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Although it's been said that Gayle _____ tried to "take over" The Velvelettes when she was ever-so-briefly a member [[and thus was fired/not invited back), she certainly was an energetic performer and had the lip-synch down for the background. She actually showed more energy than Annette did! And maybe I was just over-focused on watching Gayle, but Miss Cal didn't seem to get much camera time or the best shots in this terrific clip! If she hasn't seen this before/in a long time, I'd be interested in hearing her reactions and recollections, John!

theboyfromxtown
05-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Cal was given this clip and 3 others from the show...by way of Dick Clark. He was a big fan of the Velvelettes. He allowed a clip of He Was Really Saying Something to be included in Motown 40. The other songs featured were Lonely Lonely Girl Am I and Should I Tell Them

soulballad
05-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Great seeing the ladies! I accidentally posted another thread before reading through.

motony
05-14-2015, 12:57 PM
The Velvelettes are really cool but the gyrations of the Action Kids on this is driving me crazy, LOL

soulwally
05-14-2015, 05:05 PM
So, how does Gayle/Gail fit into the Velvelettes story?

carole cucumber
05-14-2015, 08:47 PM
So, how does Gayle/Gail fit into the Velvelettes story?

Please see post #6
Dan remembers John Lester recounting [[via information given by Cal Street) that Gayle/Gail from Baltimore [[no-one seems to remember her last name) became a Velvelette after Norma/Millie/Bertha decided that they wanted to pursue other opportunities [[careers, family). She was very pushy [[in John's words via Cal "wanted to take over the group'') and lasted a very short time.
This is perhaps her only taped performance with the group, if not in fact her only performance.

theboyfromxtown
05-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Please see post #6
Dan remembers John Lester recounting [[via information given by Cal Street) that Gayle/Gail from Baltimore [[no-one seems to remember her last name) became a Velvelette after Norma/Millie/Bertha decided that they wanted to pursue other opportunities [[careers, family). She was very pushy [[in John's words via Cal "wanted to take over the group'') and lasted a very short time.
This is perhaps her only taped performance with the group, if not in fact her only performance.

They did 4 songs...Both sides of needle, HWRSS and an edited version of LLGAI

soulwally
05-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the extra info John. BTW, check the 'Ben E King' passed' thread on the main forum.

theboyfromxtown
05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm in Bulgaria on a weak internet connection....was there a specific post to check out?

soulwally
05-18-2015, 05:47 PM
John: It's just about the flip of It's Amazing, Where's The Girl. It can wait until you're back in Blighty - John [[another one)