PDA

View Full Version : More Martha at Cheltenham

test

Sharpmoves
05-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Another terrific review of Martha's recent gig at Cheltenham Jazz Festival!
http://www.soulandjazzandfunk.com/reviews/3382-martha-reeves-a-the-vandellas--cheltenham-jazz-festival-252015.html

theboyfromxtown
05-07-2015, 10:17 AM
She does it again......

I love going to her concerts, I always have a great time

Roberta75
05-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Dr martha Reeves is the best Motown perdformer out there today and a great and gracious and beautiful lady who sounds and look amazing. Shes also the most loved Motown performer in Europe imo and they just cant get enough of the First Lady of Motown Records.

Fondly,

Roberta

RobertZ
05-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Great picture, too. Dr. Reeves looks magnificent!

Roberta75
05-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Great picture, too. Dr. Reeves looks magnificent!

She sure does my dear Robert.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

thanxal
05-07-2015, 09:47 PM
She sure does my dear Robert.

Roberta
Ms. Roberta75 I have to say that my recognition and awareness of Ms. Reeves and the Vandellas has grown because of your admiration of them. I am glad to have your input and opinion into this forum. It has made me stop and realize things I may not have otherwise.
Thank you.
Thanxal.

supremester
05-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Martha HAS evolved into a great entertainer. For years she was just a great singer, but now she is fun. Mary has also developed beautifully. We're lucky to have so many like Martha, Mary, Ross, Brenda, Velvelettes, Gladys - so many divas still alive and kicking.

marv2
05-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Martha HAS evolved into a great entertainer. For years she was just a great singer, but now she is fun. Mary has also developed beautifully. We're lucky to have so many like Martha, Mary, Ross, Brenda, Velvelettes, Gladys - so many divas still alive and kicking.

Mary was the only reason I paid attention to the Supremes ......period!

Bluebrock
05-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Marv2 - If Mary was the only reason why you paid any attention to the Supremes then you missed out big time. I know you hate Diana but what about Jean, Scherrie and Susaye?

Hard to ignore these ladies in my humble opinion.

luke
05-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Well as Berry said Mary was the heart and soul of the Supremes and with her beauty as well she was sure the standout for me as well.

Roberta75
05-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Ms. Roberta75 I have to say that my recognition and awareness of Ms. Reeves and the Vandellas has grown because of your admiration of them. I am glad to have your input and opinion into this forum. It has made me stop and realize things I may not have otherwise.
Thank you.
Thanxal.

I am real humbled and touched by your kind words dear Thanxal.

thank you dear.

Roberta

Roberta75
05-09-2015, 12:46 AM
May I remind everyones that this here thread is about the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Bluebrock
05-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Duly noted Roberta!!!

Roberta75
05-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Duly noted Roberta!!!

Thank you dear.

fondly,

Roberta

Bluebrock
05-10-2015, 09:17 AM
And much respect to you Roberta. I am new to this forum but i have enjoyed reading your posts for quite some time. Your devotion to Martha is quite something and i only hope she appreciates what a loyal and devoted fan you are. She is very lucky to have you as indeed are we all.

Roberta75
05-10-2015, 12:54 PM
And much respect to you Roberta. I am new to this forum but i have enjoyed reading your posts for quite some time. Your devotion to Martha is quite something and i only hope she appreciates what a loyal and devoted fan you are. She is very lucky to have you as indeed are we all.

She does my dear Bluebrock Dr. Reeves has been real kind and gracious to me over the years with signed photos and kind words and occasionnal emails and is always real sweet and lovely.

Fondly,

roberta

Bluebrock
05-11-2015, 05:22 AM
That is lovely to hear Roberta.

Sharpmoves
05-11-2015, 05:49 AM

I agree with the general point - so many stunning divas still alive and performing. In fact, am I right in thinking that the ONLY Motown group who's original members are all alive, and still performing is Martha and the Vandellas? Alas, the original Vandellas don't perform with Martha very often, but they are all of them still alive and kicking! And let's not forget the other divas who are no longer with us: Mary Wells, Gladys Horton, Tammi Terrell, Sandra Tilley [[a gorgeous Vandella, and lovely person too) and, of course, the Diva Divine, Flo. So many memories....

theboyfromxtown
05-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Sharpmoves

The Velvelettes still perform today with their ORIGINAL members and they will be in Skegness in September with Brenda Holloway Chris Clark and the Contours.

westgrandboulevard
05-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Tbfxt....does that mean that the contracts are now signed?

RobertZ
05-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Sharpmoves

The Velvelettes still perform today with their ORIGINAL members and they will be in Skegness in September with Brenda Holloway Chris Clark and the Contours.

What I wouldn't give to see that concert!

Bluebrock
05-11-2015, 08:25 AM
I am going to be there. There will never be a better opportunity.

theboyfromxtown
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Tbfxt....does that mean that the contracts are now signed?

I've booked the accommodation now.......so I will be there....wearing my "I Love the Velvelettes" t-shirt.

Sharpmoves
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Sharpmoves

Of course they do! And the longevity laurels must surely go to them - still performing together after five decades...it's fantastic.
Meanwhile, apparently, after her Cheltenham gig, Martha was a naughty girl and stayed up into the small hours jamming! https://twitter.com/MARTHAREEVESvan/status/595243638088675328