PDA

View Full Version : Harry Nilsson & Lynda Laurence - Just One Look/Baby I'm Yours [[1976)

test

marv2
05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Here's a great record I have not heard in ages. From 1976 Harry Nilsson duet with former Supreme Lynda Laurence [[produced by Trevor Lawrence). I have the 45 somewhere. Give a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvkUR1t9pk

detmotownguy
05-04-2015, 08:44 PM
A nice playful record. Lynda manages her voice so that it maintains the listener's attention. Great job by both. Hopefully that made sense! Did they record any other duets?

marv2
05-04-2015, 09:23 PM
A nice playful record. Lynda manages her voice so that it maintains the listener's attention. Great job by both. Hopefully that made sense! Did they record any other duets?

No it was a one off.

luke
05-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Very nice. Thx...was this a single?

nabob
05-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Big Question: Is her name spelled Lawrence or Laurence? But it's really Lynda Tucker, sister of Ira Tucker.

marv2
05-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Very nice. Thx...was this a single?

Yeah it was a single. It was not on the radio though. I have the original 45.

marv2
05-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Big Question: Is her name spelled Lawrence or Laurence? But it's really Lynda Tucker, sister of Ira Tucker.

Her birth name was Linda Tucker and that is how they announce that she would be joining the Supremes in 1972. She changed it to "Lynda Laurence" and when she married Trevor LaWrence, she became Lynda Lawrence. She also went by the alias "Norma Lewis"...don't ask me why~!LOL!

luke
05-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Hmmmm..lynda lawrence or lynda laurence..or linda lawrence...getting confused ..and isn't her sister cindy tucker scott?

marv2
05-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Hmmmm..lynda lawrence or lynda laurence..or linda lawrence...getting confused ..and isn't her sister cindy tucker scott?

I thought her name was Sunday?

luke
05-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Hmmm...i think ur right Sunday Scott.

marv2
05-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Hmmm...i think ur right Sunday Scott.

Kinda like Wednesday Addams............hehehehehehehehe.....

Bluebrock
05-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Never even knew this recording existed. A strange collaboration. Not quite sure what to think of it but thanks as always for posting Marv2. You certainly know how to dig up the rarities.

sansradio
05-05-2015, 08:58 AM
I had always read/heard it was Sundr​ay.

theboyfromxtown
05-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Her birth name was Linda Tucker and that is how they announce that she would be joining the Supremes in 1972. She changed it to "Lynda Laurence" and when she married Trevor LaWrence, she became Lynda Lawrence. She also went by the alias "Norma Lewis"...don't ask me why~!LOL!

As I understand it, the Norma Lewis association was an error by the company that issued the album. To say they had egg on their face after fans brought it to their attention would be the nicest way of putting it. LOL

marv2
05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
As I understand it, the Norma Lewis association was an error by the company that issued the album. To say they had egg on their face after fans brought it to their attention would be the nicest way of putting it. LOL

We see there! You learn something new everyday! LOL!

luke
05-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Didn't Norma aka Lyn Lorenz..sing on disco I Love Lucy? Along with ethel mermans disco album, disco hit rock bottom.

BigAl
05-06-2015, 03:39 PM
The Lynda Laurence/Norma Lewis issue remains an enigma — at least to me. It was my understanding that the actual "Norma Lewis" had not recorded enough tracks to constitute an album for the label but was riding a big club hit [["Maybe This Time") and an album was planned. Then some contractual mess went down and the label was left with an unfinished album, so they got their hands on some Lynda Laurence tracks and filled it out with those. I've got that album someplace and I need to find it and listen to it to see if I can detect two different voices. "Maybe This Time" is very evidently pitched up, to the point that in places the vocal sounds more like a cat in heat than a person, so it could be that it's really Lynda, but made to sound like someone else by speeding it up. Does anyone know the real story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlsRwcfrqR4

marv2
05-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Didn't Norma aka Lyn Lorenz..sing on disco I Love Lucy? Along with ethel mermans disco album, disco hit rock bottom.

Yes with her husbands group The Wilton Street Place Band.