test

wonder_woman
05-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Some of my favourite tunes by this awesome group:

Still Water
Just Seven Numbers
MaCarther Park
Bernadatte

Do You Loved Me Just A Little Honey [[ + Supremes)
:):):)

marv2
05-02-2015, 09:56 PM
So much great music from this group it just amazes me sometime. Here is one of their greatest recordings of the 80s................"Tonight!" The harmonies were impeccable and of course Levi was his usual brilliant self! Check it out and remember..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssS7XRzle-Q

detmotownguy
05-03-2015, 10:26 PM
In the mid 90's I had the pleasure of sitting next to Obie Benson in first class. They just finished playing Vegas. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He was so down to earth for being a star. No phony heirs and a smart guy. He asked be about the show, in addition to the good ole days in Detroit. Around the same time they played at a corporate function; they had the house off their seats. Everybody was standing. This was right before Lawrence Peyton passed away. When Lawrence passed, I thought back to him shaking our hands just a few months before. The guys stayed around for a while for a meet and greet. Damn they could harmonize.

Bluebrock
05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Probably my all time favourite vocal group. Trying to choose a few favourites is an impossible task so I shall not even try but they will be remembered and revered long after we have left this earth. Enough said.

stephanie
05-06-2015, 12:40 PM
the Four Tops hardly ever put out a bad record! My fave is Seven Rooms of Gloom and Still Water

Philles/Motown Gary
05-11-2015, 08:21 PM
In the mid 90's I had the pleasure of sitting next to Obie Benson in first class. They just finished playing Vegas. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He was so down to earth for being a star. No phony heirs and a smart guy. He asked be about the show, in addition to the good ole days in Detroit. Around the same time they played at a corporate function; they had the house off their seats. Everybody was standing. This was right before Lawrence Peyton passed away. When Lawrence passed, I thought back to him shaking our hands just a few months before. The guys stayed around for a while for a meet and greet. Damn they could harmonize.

What a cool and enviable story you shared, demotownguy! Imagine that -- flying first class right next to Obie Benson, chatting up a storm, no less! It's a small world sometimes, isn't it! I've gotta get my butt in gear and and post my story about my 1971 tour of Motown. Like Obie, everybody there was so friendly and down to earth as well. Just gotta figure out how to upload the photos first. Bare with me -- it could take a while....!

marv2
05-11-2015, 09:05 PM
What a cool and enviable story you shared, demotownguy! Imagine that -- flying first class right next to Obie Benson, chatting up a storm, no less! It's a small world sometimes, isn't it! I've gotta get my butt in gear and and post my story about my 1971 tour of Motown. Like Obie, everybody there was so friendly and down to earth as well. Just gotta figure out how to upload the photos first. Bare with me -- it could take a while....!

Obie use to help me get into clubs in Detroit years ago!

Philles/Motown Gary
05-12-2015, 01:21 AM
Obie use to help me get into clubs in Detroit years ago!
Marv, ya mean he used to sneak you in before you were of age?!! HaHa!