PDA

View Full Version : Like Diana: Mariah in Vegas...Dahling

test

LuvHangOva
04-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Mariah Carey's arrival in Las Vegas for her Ceasar's Palace run soooo reminded me of Miss Ross' legendary stage entrance at the same venue when she stepped out of the movie screen. So glamourous, so fabulous, so Hollywood, so over the top, so tongue in cheek and so befitting a Grande Diva,....Dahling. The arrival In a convertible pink limousine.....being carried in while reclining on a red velvet chaise lounge. Then at the press conference occasionally punctuating a random sentence with [[beat ... two, three, four) "Darling". Couldn help but smile..... it was all so "Diana Ross" in its execution....."dahling"

marv2
04-29-2015, 08:28 PM
They held a parade to welcome our "Longuyland" Gurl to Vegas......hehehehehehe.......

marv2
04-29-2015, 08:29 PM
She's like the biggest thing to hit Vegas............

Bluebrock
04-30-2015, 04:59 AM
Much as I loved Mariah's early stuff she never appeared comfortable live in concert, and that was when she could still sing. Now she will just mime along to a prerecording because she can no longer cut it. Sad but true.

captainjames
05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
There is another thought ----------------- Duet from Mariah and Diana

Bluebrock
05-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Didn't they do that at divas 2000?

jobeterob
05-02-2015, 06:32 PM
No, they didn't record anything although they sang together.

Mariah can't sing anymore?? Tell us about that.

Pretty odd; most of these female singers can't sing anymore ~ other than Diana and she is not quite like she was. And Mary can actually sing as well or better than she could when she was 25 ~ well not quite.

milven
05-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Mariah can't sing anymore?? Tell us about that.

Mariah was supposed to pre-record her performance for lighting of Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. But she didn't show up. Then I think she performed it the next day to a track. But some people who she upset by not showing up, isolated her performance and released her quit awful singing on the internet for everyone to hear.

This is the way we saw it broadcast [[Note, it says part of it was pre-recorded)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCiGx_mhtTo

milven
05-02-2015, 08:13 PM
And this how it really was performed, voice cracking, missing high notes and struggling. In fairness, she was going through some hard times with her marriage and perhaps she is back on track now.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mariah-carey-isolated-rockefeller-center-vocals-leaked-2014412

jobeterob
05-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks; maybe some of these women just over use their voices and they eventually fail.

Roberta75
05-02-2015, 10:18 PM
And this how it really was performed, voice cracking, missing high notes and struggling. In fairness, she was going through some hard times with her marriage and perhaps she is back on track now.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/mariah-carey-isolated-rockefeller-center-vocals-leaked-2014412

Oh oh dear me. I hope shes in better voice for Vegas although shes maybe going to lipsync like Britney Spears,

Roberta

jobeterob
05-03-2015, 02:05 AM
So when you trip in your shoes and fall, the music keeps playing and you are supposed to move your lips!

Bluebrock
05-03-2015, 11:38 AM
I stand by what i said. Mariah cannot sing anymore. Her last few albums will testify to that, she plays it so safe these days simply because she is not capable of doing what she once could,and she rarely actually performs live these days. It's always miming to a backing track.
Did you see that embarassing clip in Singapore i think it was where she was miming in a live concert and the backing track failed? She was great in the 90's but lost her vocal prowess at a surprisingly young age. Sad but true.

captainjames
05-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Oh my I just listen to it.......I love Mariah !!!! I did not like this performance.

Bluebrock
05-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Yes it is pitiful. Why did she lose it all so young? When I listen to her first few albums I am reminded of what an awesome vocalist she once was. Did she not look after her voice?
She should be at her peak in her 40's.

helga
05-05-2015, 09:39 AM
My thought is Mariah pushed her voice way too hard, like many untrained singers. They don't know one should be singing with breath support and instead incorrectly sing from the throat. I believe those whistle notes were part of the problem, contributing to consistent vocal strain.

Bluebrock
05-05-2015, 09:45 AM
You are probably correct Helga. Such a waste of what was a unique voice.